Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-08-2003, 10:56 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i was actually impressed with dickau and his ability to run the hawks team tonight.. he didn't hit his open jumpers but he was the catalyst that created open looks for jason terry in the second.. i believe he was in double figures in assists.
i thought he looked like a guy that has a solid career in the NBA if he can find any kind of touch from the outside..and with the touch he had in college, i'm sure he will

obviously, i thought much more highly of his performance tonight than harper, pinto or ortegal..they were ragging the guy as if they actually had a clue of what they were talking about.. harper actually has a clue, he just can't spit it out
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2003, 10:56 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

umm, what was i thinking..mod, please move this thread if you get a chance
Old 01-08-2003, 11:01 PM   #3
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I loved Dickau in college. Of course because I like Gonzaga I gotta love Dickau. I agree I think he has a great career ahead of him.
It might have been my imagination (or wishful thinking), but I thought I saw some Mav's decision makers looking intently at Dickau playing tonight.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:06 PM   #4
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Dickau was great in college. And could be a steve kerr type in the pro's IMO. He is also a smrt player and a great shooter. But I don't think he will make it for more than 4 years in the league. Because he can only really fit in the game style of a couple of clubs. He is not quick or big enough to play.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:13 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< i was actually impressed with dickau and his ability to run the hawks team tonight.. >>

I thought it was hilarious that the Mavs bench fooled him into taking an off-balance three pointer when they started counting down &quot;5, 4, 3,&quot; as though the shot clock was expiring. I bet $10 that AJ started the countdown.

LOL - I still get a giggle out of that.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:24 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

that was funny mffl...hilarious.

but i like his game.. he does remind me alot of nash..they seem to be little balls of energy. i dont' think he'll ever develop into a top 3-4 PG like steve nash but i think dickau could be very successful
Old 01-09-2003, 09:00 AM   #7
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I loved Dickau in Gonzaga and I think he'll be great in the NBA once he gets accustomed to it. Pinto, Ortegal and Harper have to be the three most negative men that've ever been in a booth. I would be a very happy person if at least one of them were replaced. I think they just made up their opinion before the kid came out. I'm not positive, but wasn't the rookie the PG on the floor when the Hawks made their run? I may be wrong. Was very tired.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:54 PM   #8
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Hey, this is a little off point, but the Hawks are terrible at utilizing talent. They have a pretty good lineup in the weak east, and look absolutely horrible.

IMO the Clippers and Hawks are the two worse teams at using what they have.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:01 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

BrianJ, a steve kerr type? The guy is a rookie and dropped 10 assists on the Mavs. Steve Kerr can only dream of that. Props to Dickau would have been great if Mavs could've still had there pick and drafted him and Sekularic.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #10
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Bad analogy on my part. I just don't think he will ever get his chance to be a pg. And even though he shot horrible in the game, he was a great long range shooter in college. I like the guy, he reminds of a younger Nash off the court.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:10 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< he reminds of a younger Nash off the court. >>

Ahhh now that is more like it lol.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:39 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

brianj, he'll get a significant chance to play pg in the NBA this year.. the hawks want him to succeed at the PG spot so they can leave terry at the 2guard