Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #81
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
So Mary,

How do you like your new 'Silver Bullet'?
It's great.

How's your wife like her new penis sleeve?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #82
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
It's great.

I love abrasive mary.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #83
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
All the more reason everyone should support my plan to mandate personal finance education in middle school & high schools...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ikO...eature=related
I've seen this video several places, and trust me, I like laughing at dumb people as much as the next guy.

But isn't she just saying that she won't have to WORRY about those things? Like maybe she thinks the economy will be in a better state, and therefore she won't be as concerned about her finances?

I dunno, maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but that's the first thing I thought when she said that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #84
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what nails it for me. She closes with, "If I help him, he'll help me." She's far too emotional about it.

People who understand their own finances should understand that it's more about what they do than what the government does.

People who understand economics at the macro level understand that the guy who presides over a hot economy typically isn't the guy responsible for the hot economy.

People who understand the Constitution understand that the President himself can only do so much.

And so on..
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #85
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I get that. Clearly she is waaay too into him. So if she's dumb for thinking a presdient is going to impact her monthy income to that extent, I got ya.

But I think a lot of people are laughing as if she thinks Obama's going to start paying her gas and mortgage.

Regardless I'm overanalyzing.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #86
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yeah I get that. Clearly she is waaay too into him. So if she's dumb for thinking a presdient is going to impact her monthy income to that extent, I got ya.

But I think a lot of people are laughing as if she thinks Obama's going to start paying her gas and mortgage.
People should be laughing that she thinks that he's going to impact her finances positively at all, in the least bit. It doesn't matter who wins tonight, the country, and the whole world are in a bad way right now.

How many people do you think there are like that woman? How many have Obama and the media convinced that he is the answer to all their problems? How many are so naive like that woman to be so palpably happy and emotional about it? Not very many, right? Like 3 percent? Like the percentage by which he'll win most of these battleground states tonight. It's these (pardon me, Silk) stupid people that will have swung this thing in his favor.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-04-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #87
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

What's up with the credit crunch? I just went to get the mail and AMEX upped my personal limit by almost 50%, and it wasn't low to start with.

Oh yeah, it must be because I pay my bills. The credit crunch only applies to people and businesses with crappy credit. Maybe they weren't sound investments for lenders in the first place. But we need to give $700B just so these people can keep lending.

This whole panic was manufactured by the financial sector because some of them got caught with their pants down, and they didn't all want to have to go update their resumes on account of having run their businesses irresponsibly. And our retarded politicians (on both sides of the aisle) fell right for it.

Yee haw!

Just another election day PSA from me.

Last edited by Rhylan; 11-04-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #88
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default I LOL'd

Quote:
It's great.

Thanks for making me spit my drink all over my computer monitor...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Um, mary...I googled "penis sleeve" and then someone from IT called my office phone.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #90
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Drudge headline:

SENATE SOURCES: DEMS SEE 58 SEATS; EXIT POLLS RELEASED 5:15 PM ET

Whatever that means.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #91
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Um, mary...I googled "penis sleeve" and then someone from IT called my office phone.
ha!..great timing..

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 11-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #92
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's great.

Respectfully, I choose to leave the family out of it, I'll take the high road...

as for Fluid Forty One ... harrassment, LMAO!!!

Mary can take it, that I have no doubt!!!

Y'all enjoy the game tonight, best of luck to our Mavs and our Nation!!!

The past few weeks have been way too much fun. Nothing personal, this is simply a message board and a safe place to vent.

On a positive note, did any of y'all see Richard Dreyfuss on the Mike Huckabee show? There's a liberal who I can have respect for...I disagree with his views, but he is actually able to communicate and stay on topic. Now I remember why I would vote for Huckabee, and who knows, maybe now with some time on Fox, folks will get to know more about Huckabee and be willing to vote him as the next Republican candidate???
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #93
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

A half hour or so till the first polls close. I am getting nerrrrrrvyous!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #94
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Respectfully, I choose to leave the family out of it, I'll take the high road...

Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #95
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
A half hour or so till the first polls close. I am getting nerrrrrrvyous!

WHY?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #96
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm headed home in a bit and I don't plan on checking in much tonight...

My official Flaco prediction™ is that Obama will get about 332ish Electoral votes or so.

Have fun, kids. Stay safe. Stay very, very safe.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #97
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Don't show too many people that pic of me...man aint no tellin how somefolks like Silk will deal with it.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #98
Underdog

Quote:
Don't show too many people that pic of me...man aint no tellin how somefolks like Silk will deal with it.
I don't know why you turned that picture into a "race" comment...

Oh, wait - yeah I do:

Last edited by Underdog; 11-04-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: another coke-ramble by 92bDad
Old 11-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #99
92bDad
Platinum Member

There was no race comment whatsoever, stop trying to read into it... besides, that's against the rules of this thread, besides I was just having fun with the picture that you were having fun with...where did you get race from?

Last edited by 92bDad; 11-04-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #100
Underdog

Quote:
There was no race comment whatsoever, stop trying to read into it... besides, that's against the rules of this thread, besides I was just having fun with the picture that you were having fun with...where did you get race from?
I can't imagine why else you would bring Silk into the discussion unless that's what you were inferring... What does he have to do with anything?

Last edited by Underdog; 11-04-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #101
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Stop. This was a good thread for awhile.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #102
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Stop. This was a good thread for awhile.
Sorry, but I'm a verbal wrecking ball until the rep gets fixed...

Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #103
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm a verbal wrecking ball until the rep gets fixed...
My apologies as well, I'm game...truce, back to General Election talk...

Where is the DM Poll? Anyone tracking the actual user names and who we voted for, sorry no extended family or friends...just folks signed up on the board.

Anyone organized to list who's for who?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #104
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

time for predictions?

cornyn wins. (I know that's the race everyone is focused on....)

oh yeah, obama wins with around 325 electoral college votes.
dems win 59 senate seats and capture 270 house seats.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #105
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Obama wins with 375 electoral votes..

In a move towards ultimate bipartisanship, President-elect Obama announces the next Secretary of Energy is Sarah Palin.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #106
Underdog

Default CTHULHU 2008

Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #107
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
time for predictions?

I'm actually interested in it. Seems like, based on the ad buys, he's getting a real challenge from Noriega.

Cornyn and McCain were the only two Republicans I voted for, among those who had opponents. Went Libertarian on all the judges and state stuff..
Old 11-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #108
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I predict Obama wins Dallas County by a decent margin (four or five points), causing major ripples down the ballot on our local races.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #109
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #110
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
time for predictions?

Predict 58 senate seats for Democrats. Thats about the only one I will predict for now.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #111
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know why you turned that picture into a "race" comment...

Oh, wait - yeah I do:

Um, i´m sure the guy only spilled wheat and didn´t know how to make a cake...
Old 11-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #112
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what did they say?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #113
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
what did they say?
Flaco is the IT department. He got so excited he called himself.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #114
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my free Starbucks.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #115
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Just got my free Starbucks.
Patriotic!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #116
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Patriotic!

You vote for your country.

I vote for Starbucks, Ben & Jerry's, and Krispy Kreme...and maybe even Arby's tonight!

(I'll update everyone on Arby's after I stop by after work)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #117
mary
Troll Hunter

I'll be watching CNN.

They've already given Vermont to Obama and Kentucy to McCain.

McCain 8
Obama 3

Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #118
chumdawg
Guru

From fivethirtyeight.com

Quote:
Indiana...
Just looking at some of the places where we have results in so far. Obama is substantially outperforming Kerry -- which is what he needs to do to win the state, of course, but the differences are pretty substantial.

Steuben: Kerry 34%, Obama 42%
DeKalb: Kerry 31%, Obama 38%
Knox: Kerry 36%, Obama 54%
Marshall: Kerry 31%, Obama 50%
Old 11-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #119
mary
Troll Hunter

Virginia pick ups a democratic senator, Mark Warner - thier current governor.

Last edited by mary; 11-04-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #120
mary
Troll Hunter

McCain has very early leads in Florida, Virginia, and Indiana.

Less than 1% returns for Florida and Virginia, and 12% for Indiana.

Last edited by mary; 11-04-2008 at 07:32 PM.