Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #81
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'd much rather blow this shit team up. Trade everyone minus the young rookie contract guys. We won't... because it would look shitty to trade Dak after he got hurt. But even before he got hurt this team had so many massive problems. We can't block for shit anymore, we had injuries but tyron isn't what he was, fredbeard is gone, lael has never been more than average to me, left guard is a carousel, Martin is the only stud left and he's seen some physical problems crop up the last 2 years. Zeke looks like he can't out run anyone. The defense is the most miserable excuse of a unit i've maybe ever seen since being old enough to watch football. Dak puts up numbers against terrible teams and/or when we are down by 2-3 possessions and defenses basically play prevent.

We are about to pay dak 40m+ long term coming off an injury and our team is full of so many holes it's ridiculous. I rly wish we'd blow this shit up... but again... we won't.
There's no point of blowing it up. First off, no one is going to give you draft picks for your overpriced talent. Zack Martin would. This is the NFL not the NBA. You don't have to blow it up to compete. Cowboys are a offseason or two away from competing. They honestly would've probably competed this year had they had a actual offseason.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2020, 12:12 PM   #82
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Cowboys would need to find a way to keep losing, it behooves them. If it holds as Jets and Jags 1&2 they almost certainly go QB. Giants have a young QB but may fire Gettleman and Washington would look QB. So they could get the OT at 4 or 5 but I think someone trades up or a team surprises if he’s that good. The LB Parsons is All-Pro material sounds like too, Kuechly comps. And the other QBs are getting hype. Good year to tank! Haha
They need to be realistic about their team. If they are contending then that pick needs to go to the defense. If they are rebuilding and think Tyron is finished then I'd look at OT but that would be once again avoiding the defense. This defense doesn't have ONE top 15 pick on it. Not one. This offense has a few.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #83
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
There's no point of blowing it up. First off, no one is going to give you draft picks for your overpriced talent. Zack Martin would. This is the NFL not the NBA. You don't have to blow it up to compete. Cowboys are a offseason or two away from competing. They honestly would've probably competed this year had they had a actual offseason.
I'll disagree massively but I guess we will see next year. I disagree that we can't trade the high priced guys... and if nobody would trade for Lawrence, Amari, Tyron, etc why in the world would we be a competing if those same over priced players are people we are relying on? I guess I need clarity on competing because if competing is 8-8 / 9-7 playoff hunt first round exit like usual then yeah... pass.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #84
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'll disagree massively but I guess we will see next year. I disagree that we can't trade the high priced guys... and if nobody would trade for Lawrence, Amari, Tyron, etc why in the world would we be a competing if those same over priced players are people we are relying on? I guess I need clarity on competing because if competing is 8-8 / 9-7 playoff hunt first round exit like usual then yeah... pass.
It’s much tougher to trade for NFL
players. Cowboys just signed those guys the cap hit would be massive in a year where the salary cap will take a hit. Every team is over the salary cap going into next season. Going to be tough.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:45 AM   #85
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

6-9, see you next year.

Oh wait, can still win division?

ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #86
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

And loses to the Giants. Football Team Skins winning anyway but McCarthy really dropped the ball on not challenging that play.
ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote