Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-12-2022, 12:01 AM   #201
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently it’s so obvious that even dummies like Shaq and Barkley have noticed

“Luka has got to learn how to get others involved…y’all notice how Mavs always make runs with Luka on the bench?”
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2022, 07:35 AM   #202
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I understand those who say we’d be completely dogsh*t without Luka. But he has not figured out the Suns defense. Their length and the crowded paint is definitely bothering him. When the role players are hitting threes, no biggie. When they’re not, yikes.

For all the talk about how we’re much improved under Kidd, we haven’t diversified our offense much. We’re still a team that lives and dies by the three. Get Luka a legit PNR partner (Capela?).
Gee I think that is what I am saying. The Luka detractors are basically putting him in a position where in order to succeed he must thread the needle of making a team of mediocre supporting cast tantamount to a bunch of all stars or Luka didn't "make his guys better". Just like every other player in the league he can have bad stretches relative to his talent level but in order for this team to succeed he is not afforded any off games. Yes I am a Mavs fan and of course there is going to be a selection bias as to when I feel angry enough to bother to comment on deficiencies. I should try to be better at logging on with my pom poms when we win. My apologies
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:39 AM   #203
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Apparently it’s so obvious that even dummies like Shaq and Barkley have noticed

“Luka has got to learn how to get others involved…y’all notice how Mavs always make runs with Luka on the bench?”
First that isn't always true. Secondly, Luka is often on the bench when the other team's best players hit the bench also but more than one variable would be confusing to them. Correlation vs. causation can be a difficult concept for former athletes.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:07 AM   #204
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
We need to post Luka up and initiate offense through Brunson more. We also have to be aggressive off the bounce instead of settling for three point looks. Luka needs to get the ball out his hands faster when he's initiating. Swing the ball early and often. We also need more off-ball movement. If the Suns are going to key on Luka there are backdoor cuts to be had. It's just difficult when Powell is poo-poo and Kleber is a 3&D big. I am on board with giving Boban spot minutes to change things up.
This! FFS get Luka back on the block. Hea great there and so many other things open up. We have proofof this...in this series in fact. I expect to see more of it tonight, and when we pull out a win, it's paramount to continue doing it in game 7.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote