Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sac @ Dal 8/12/06

Sacramento visits Dallas in preseason home opener.

Scheduled 7:30pm start

Game can be seen on HD Net

**All Mavs preseason, regular season and postseason games can be heard on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM and 1270 AM KFLC (Spanish)

Last edited by Windmill360; 10-12-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

whos out for the game besides stack and devin
Old 10-12-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
cchen39

cchen39 is on a distinguished road

I believe this game will be shown on League Pass.
cchen39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchen39
I believe this game will be shown on League Pass.
Yes, channel 751 directv with the Sac announcers.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

WTF is going on?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Sac is trying. That's what.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Mavs don't have anybody who can score except Josh and maybe Benga. Crosere looked slow.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

(1:06) [DAL 16-24] Diop Driving Hook Shot: Made (2 PTS) Assist: Mbenga (1 AST)

never thought i'd see that
Old 10-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
Bookit
Diamond Member

First impression of Crosere is not good. He is skinny and not terribly nimble.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #10
Bookit
Diamond Member

Damp looks VERY good.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #11
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
First impression of Crosere is not good. He is skinny and not terribly nimble.
Oh man, I said he was worthless and I just got bashed...funny how things work out.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wow, Crocrap is 0-7 from the field.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the game on HDNET via time warner. Austin is doing terrible, what is he 0-8? He hasnt hit shit. Dampier is being impressive, giving Diop a run for his starting spot. Diop is holding his own as hes blocking everything going up near him. The kings are just draining 3 after 3. Mo Ager isnt doing that bad, hes hitting some shots. Ebi is showing great hussle, but his 5 fouls in 10 minutes make me question him.The Mavs are getting assblasted but hey, the kings have their reg. season roster vs the mavs bench.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 10-12-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #14
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
I have the game on HDNET via time warner. Austin is doing terrible, what is he 0-8? He hasnt hit shit. Dampier is being impressive, giving Diop a run for his starting spot. Diop is holding his own as hes blocking everything going up near him. The kings are just draining 3 after 3. Mo Ager isnt doing that bad, hes hitting some shots. Ebi is showing great hussle, but his 5 fouls in 10 minutes make me question him.The Mavs are getting assblasted but hey, the kings have their reg. season roster vs the mavs bench.
hey what channel is hdnet on timewarner? I have the hd package from them but can't seem to find it.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I see from the Live Stats page that the Kings think it's funny to play their starters in the 2nd pre-season game against our mostly spare team....
Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #16
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I see from the Live Stats page that the Kings think it's funny to play their starters in the 2nd pre-season game against our mostly spare team....
Even worse is that this is the King's first game.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #17
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

The mavs are in it for the long haul. The kings can enjoy their preseason victory but later on in the year the mavs will be the ones with the advantage.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #18
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MavsFan
hey what channel is hdnet on timewarner? I have the hd package from them but can't seem to find it.
Down here in the laredo area its channel 899. Dont know if its different in the metroplex or you're area.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #19
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

In the dfw area, there is no 899. I'm getting sick of time warner.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #20
Rick41
Diamond Member

Call them up and ask them for the channel. Time Warner sucks donkey nuts down here too.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #21
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Croshere seems like a Van Horn clone. I thought I remembered him a little quicker than that, as well as a little tougher. Ager has not seen a shot he didn't like. He will put them up in a hurry. He also needs to learn to read the defense better, because he caused a couple of moving screens on our big man.

Ebi did impress me the most from the 4 trying to get that last spot. Pat looks like he still belongs in college. He is lost and has the hot potato head case.

I saw Damp put a couple of good moves down low, but I think that Diop is still the better shot blocker that is key to the second line of defense. I think maybe the Mavs need to find another person to try for that last spot as well. Lastly, Buckner went down early, and did not come back. Seem to be a leg injury of some sorts.
creditXpert2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #22
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Avery said in postgame that the team was leaning towards Barea.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #23
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Mavs don't have anybody who can score except Josh and maybe Benga. Crosere looked slow.
Dont forget Ager, he puts them up in a hurry. He has to learn to play under control better. Washington also seems to me like he needs to go ahead and drop out of the race. He had a problem handling the ball, and I heard AJ getting on to Ager for not wanting to handle the ball on press offense. He ran away from the ball many times and AJ lit into him for that.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #24
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
I guess between him and Ebi, he is needed more at th true PG spot. Johnson looked fine, but it seems he fits better in half court settings. I guess Barea would be the second guard to Harris that pushes the ball in the tempo that the Mavs like the most. Ebi also had a couple of good assists tonight to go with his hustle. He does have a small frame for the PF spot...
Old 10-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #25
creditXpert2003
Banned

Did anyone hear any updates on Buckner's injury?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
That's good to hear, I want him to get that last spot.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #27
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by creditXpert2003
I guess between him and Ebi, he is needed more at th true PG spot. Johnson looked fine, but it seems he fits better in half court settings. I guess Barea would be the second guard to Harris that pushes the ball in the tempo that the Mavs like the most. Ebi also had a couple of good assists tonight to go with his hustle. He does have a small frame for the PF spot...
Whoever gets the last spot almost certainly won't be getting any PT this year, it's all for potential and upside in the last spot.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #28
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Call them up and ask them for the channel. Time Warner sucks donkey nuts down here too.
Alright I'll do that. And ebi seems like he did good today 5-10 for 10 points but JJB had 5 assists with 3 turnovers. Kinda seems strange Avery would favor JJB after his 3 turnover performance.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #29
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Whoever gets the last spot almost certainly won't be getting any PT this year, it's all for potential and upside in the last spot.
It was kinda hard to read the Mavs tonight because the Kings played their starter's alot, but on the other hand we were able to see how our new players would stack up against better competition. That being said, this game looked a little bad for the newbies.

Artest had his way with George all night long. Ager has to learn to stop followering his man around the baseline. He needs to anticipate a little better. Croshere is going to be a defensive liability out there, he refused to guard anyone but he was quick to pull the trigger on offense. I swear he played exactly like Van Horn. I had the same empty feeling I had for Van Horn. I may like Van Horn better because he would at least try to take it to the basket. Croshere may have not touched the three second lane on offense or defense

Last edited by creditXpert2003; 10-12-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:04 PM   #30
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
It was kinda hard to read the Mavs tonight because the Kings played their starter's alot, but on the other hand we were able to see how our new players would stack up against better competition. That being said, this game looked a little bad for the newbies.

Artest had his way with George all night long. Ager has to learn to stop followering his man around the baseline. He needs to anticipate a little better. Croshere is going to be a defensive liability out there, he refused to guard anyone but he was quick to pull the triggeron offense. I swear he played exactly like Van Horn. I had the same empty feeling I had for Van Horn. I may like Van Horn better because he would at least try to take it to the basket. Croshere may have not touched the three second lane on offense or defense
Croshere I've heard is a solid defensive player, or at least better than KVH, so we'll just have to see in the regular season.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #31
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Croshere I've heard is a solid defensive player, or at least better than KVH, so we'll just have to see in the regular season.
I have heard the same thing, but boy does he look extremely slow. He also did not even press up on the ball when his man had the ball. I watched for his help defense and did not see it. On top of that alot of his minutes were against the 2nd and 3rd team of the Kings.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #32
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Of course his abilities become overrated during the offseason when a team picks him up. No, he is not good on D. If Van Horn was traded last season, fans of his new team would expect him to drop 20 a game and be average on D. Its just how it works...lots of overrating when a player is traded.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #33
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I have heard the same thing, but boy does he look extremely slow. He also did not even press up on the ball when his man had the ball. I watched for his help defense and did not see it. On top of that alot of his minutes were against the 2nd and 3rd team of the Kings.
Well I don't like hearing that. Hopefully it's just rust. I don't really start worrying about it until the season starts, and it's only the second preseason game. I can't wait til the 27th so I can actually see one of the games!

Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #34
Rick41
Diamond Member

Buckner banged knees with Bibby and sprained it. Didnt return to the game and i dont know how harsh the injury is. Im thinking he should be fine in a week and change.

Ebi is really trying hard to get the last spot. His last chance to prove himself will be on sat. vs the bucks. I cant wait for Nov 2!

Old 10-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #35
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Buckner banged knees with Bibby and sprained it. Didnt return to the game and i dont know how harsh the injury is. Im thinking he should be fine in a week and change.
Yeah, a sprained knee shouldn't keep him out long. As long as he's healthy by Nov. 2nd it's all good.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yuck...Boy sitting through that one was a whipping and a half. Some observations.

- JHO gave the pre-game speech to the fans, very nice, he seemed to have a fun time with it. He also got a T' on his signature hanging from the rim gorilla move. He really likes that one.

- Damp looked really solid. Also some nice interplay between he and dirk during time-outs. I actually think I saw Damp crack a joke and give dirk a few little punches to the chest. Good to see camraderie between those two, they'll need it.

- Croshere looked horrible to me, his shot was flat, he didn't look nearly as strong as I expected and he didn't even rebound much better than keith. Very dissappointed. His shot was quite flat

- Anthony looked okay. Nothing special but okay. His shot also looked pretty flat to me. Almost as if their legs weren't there. But I think Avery game them yesterday off.

-Didn't get to see much of buck, but he looked about the same and still really feisty on defense.

-Barrera didn't impress me at all either, very out of control.. He does seem to be able to push it but you never know where it's going. To his credit, no one else seemed to know where they were going either.

-Avery used Josh as point forward quite a bit in the first quarter, can't say that I was impressed with the result, but very few players could make a bucket anyway so it seemed to devolve into the josh into the lane show.

-Didn't see cubes or stackhouse. Did see dirk/jet/devin.

-Mavs dancers still good. Champ still good.

-Hearing humble billy say "ebby ebi" is funny.

-Ebi seemed like he does have some skills but really seems not too bright basketball wise. He does seem to see the court well.

-DJ looked kinda bored out there I thought. Like what's the point of this thing.

-When Josh went out no one could score. Ager was maybe the only person who hit a three (or took one all night).

-Washington/Carroll didn't do much for me.

-Pops only played really late, that confused me a little bit.

-Ager was sucking on an inhaler in the second half??? Couldn't tell if it was for some sickness or what.

The area around the arena doesn't even look the same. Buildings have sprung up everywhere. The giant video screens were moving around but nothing was on them, can't wait to see it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #37
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I just have to say it again...i think Ager will get playin time this season and mite ven be in a few crunch situations...the kid is got agme and always reminds me of NVE....DJ's numbers are lookin good...and Damp is playin great......I wonde if DJ develops well if we could put im in the PF spot for a few minutes???

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:23 AM   #38
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I just have to say it again...i think Ager will get playin time this season and mite ven be in a few crunch situations...the kid is got agme and always reminds me of NVE....DJ's numbers are lookin good...and Damp is playin great......I wonde if DJ develops well if we could put im in the PF spot for a few minutes???
I still think the only way Ager gets PT this season is injuries. We are just too deep. Even though he is a great player I don't see him getting much, if any, playing time THIS season.

Damp's hard work during the offseason appears to have paid off, I think he might even be the starter this year.

I think if DJ continues to play as well as he has been he'll get some minutes at both the C and PF spots, especially if Crocrap is as bad as he was tonight.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 AM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the write up dude.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 AM   #40
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think if ager is seeing time it is either a very bad sign or a very good one.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote