Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Default RE:Dallas @ Phoenix Gameday Thread

The MOST important thing will be to get back on defense and cover the 3 point shooters as Nash dishes it to them quickly up the court.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Dallas @ Phoenix Gameday Thread

Something tells me Dirk DOES take this game personally. MVP talk for Nash has to stick him somewhat. Tonight, he shows who the REAL MVP candidate is. Pressure Nash, play hard in the middle, attack Amare with Dirk:

"Mavs by double digits."

(Had to steal this Mary!)

I hate JJ! Stop the punk! Please, stop the punk! (And yes, as a dark horse factor, he worries me.)
Old 02-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I agree, tonight is the night for Dirk. The stage is set for Dirk to lay claim to a spot in the MVP race and it will be up to him to grab it.

Big night all around.

Mavs 134
Suns 126

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Amare has not been feeling well and playing with flu-like symptoms. Jackson suffered an ankle sprain against the Warrios the other night. I haven't heard what JJ's status is, but I won't be unhappy if he's sidelined.

Nellie's strategy for tonight: "Go small....play like hell".

I guess we'll get the JET/Fin/JHO/Hendu/Dirk lineup, but obviously Terry's going to get some time at the off-guard position.

Mavs by double digits.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Apparently Amare has not been feeling well and playing with flu-like symptoms. Jackson suffered an ankle sprain against the Warrios the other night. I haven't heard what JJ's status is, but I won't be unhappy if he's sidelined.

I guess we'll get the JET/Fin/JHO/Hendu/Dirk lineup, but obviously Terry's going to get some time at the off-guard position.

Mavs by double digits.
I sure hope we don't rely on injuries to win.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Mavs by double digits.
Jimmy will play.

Q has also be suffering from illness but he is fine now...same goes for amare
Old 02-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs really need to try and attack Amare on the offensive end. The guy DOES NOT like to guard the paint and will not do anything to put himself in foul trouble.

Double digits baby.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 02-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you think the Mavs don't pull this win out, you're crazy. Expect a tremendous basketball game, with the Mavs prevailing 118-114.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:54 PM   #9
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I want to see JHo dunk on Amare just like he did on KG!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
How do you rely on injuries to win? Players are either injured, or they're not. You play the game to win regardless. If Phoenix wins (which they won't) does that mean they relied on injuries because we're missing three players?

I will lose no sleep over any of Phoenix's injury problems.

Double D.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:12 PM   #11
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
How do you rely on injuries to win? Players are either injured, or they're not. You play the game to win regardless. If Phoenix wins (which they won't) does that mean they relied on injuries because we're missing three players?

I will lose no sleep over any of Phoenix's injury problems.

Double D.
no, I mean us relying on their injuries to win. My first post said we wont win, and as much as I hate to admit it, I feel like this one will be a lose. I hope we win, yet somehow I don't think we pull it off tonight.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:20 PM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte

no, I mean us relying on their injuries to win. My first post said we wont win, and as much as I hate to admit it, I feel like this one will be a lose. I hope we win, yet somehow I don't think we pull it off tonight.
Where the hell is your spirit?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Study this pic for awhile. Its actually from a good movie.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte

Where the hell is your spirit?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Study this pic for awhile. Its actually from a good movie.

FRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mavs kick butt...

110-105

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:16 PM   #15
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Thats why I hate injuries, I want to be able to say "you had your best team, we had our best team, and we beat you"
Old 02-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo has that Henderson will get the start.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #17
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

So, Nellie might actually have given up on this game before it started, eh? Nice.
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #18
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Come out strong and don't let up. As Nolan Richardson said: "48 minutes of hell." Dallas needs to bring it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:54 PM   #19
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Hendu doing a pretty good job with the offensive rebounds to start off.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:54 PM   #20
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk and Fin are playing well.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:54 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hendu is looking mighty effective right now!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice brick by Cash...
Old 02-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #23
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

who is guarding amare?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Pongo
who is guarding amare?
someone who can't

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:57 PM   #25
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

the mavs are getting every board
looking good
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:58 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

mavs will not keep this pace....the Suns will.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #27
Bayliss

Dirk.... you are doing everything but scoring. I guess it is true.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #28
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

We can't be comfortable with any lead in this game. Suns will kill us with their fast break points.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #29
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I am calling at least 10 more:
lead changes
rebounds by dirk and henderson
stupid shots from jason terry
hernias
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #30
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Remember when Jason Terry was good?????

Those were the days.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41

Those were the days.
those days are now

Old 02-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #32
PepperTheMavsFan41

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:

Those were the days.
those days are now

Certainly not the start to this game.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:07 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Those were the days.
those days are now
Certainly not the start to this game.
no argument here....though the game has just begun

Old 02-17-2005, 11:11 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i hate the fade while falling out of bounds by Fin...way too early in the shot clock..then he misses dirk on the spin.

gotta play smart...fin's starting out hot, but gotta make the little plays versus the suns.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #35
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I have a bad feeling about this game. Especially since Bradley and Darrell Armstrong are in the game.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:01 PM   #36
Bayliss

I hate it when Dirk looks hesitant against Marion though. Get on the blocks and make Marion "push you out." Don't let him get off by you standing and just shooting low percentage shots.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

Nellie needs to post Dirk....

Old 02-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #38
Bayliss

Marion has two fouls. Keep Dirk in and force feed him while4 Marion (probably) sits.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:11 PM   #39
Bayliss

Terrible playcalling.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #40
PepperTheMavsFan41

WTF was Mike doin there?????

Pass the damn ball!!!! Specificially to Dirk!!

Dumbass plays at end of the 1st.
It's EVOLUTION baby.