Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Jackson was only an above average pg by the way....ABC loves to tout him as the second place assists guy...but while he gets a gold star for longevity, his overall game was only pretty good...how many years was he even an all star? I bet less than 4.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Probably which sort of makes me sad, if he was taken out because of an offensive play. But that play had me livid, he was so ready to spot up that he couldn't catch the ball. If he moves to the ball he has a 5 footer.
totally agree...Kidd brought up the ball, made the play...and had it "unmade" by JT's goof.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #43
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Mark Jackson was only an above average pg by the way....ABC loves to tout him as the second place assists guy...but while he gets a gold star for longevity, his overall game was only pretty good...how many years was he even an all star? I bet less than 4.
one
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #44
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
did you watch the game?

he took so many unwise shots it about drove me insane.
Yeah but he does that every game. Yet any time he wanted to drive, he could do it very easily. And it seemed like the Suns knew that as well, and were giving him quite a bit of space for the shot. Josh isn't a bad shooter at all, especially when he mixes it up. It's just that when he falls in love with his shot, like he did during his slump, he looks really bad.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #45
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thanks for the correction...that makes me wonder...why not more Damp? .
Maybe because he did get 5 fouls, and used to get a lot of fouls regularly. It's a gamble - leave him out, leave him in? I like erring on the side of making sure he's there to close out games.

or

Maybe it's that a Damp v. Bass kind up lineup change throws the opponent for enough loops that it's good to leave one in until the opponent settles into it, then switch it up.

I don't know - I liked the balance for Damp today. I'd like to see him on the floor for 48 minutes, but I also like that he felt free to play physical enough to rack up 5 fouls without spending time on the floor playing scared to get his 6th.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
just looked it up...seems like he was only an all star in 89.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #47
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Maybe because he did get 5 fouls, and used to get a lot of fouls regularly. It's a gamble - leave him out, leave him in? I like erring on the side of making sure he's there to close out games.

or

Maybe it's that a Damp v. Bass kind up lineup change throws the opponent for enough loops that it's good to leave one in until the opponent settles into it, then switch it up.

I don't know - I liked the balance for Damp today. I'd like to see him on the floor for 48 minutes, but I also like that he felt free to play physical enough to rack up 5 fouls without spending time on the floor playing scared to get his 6th.
I'm with ya on wanting the most aggressive (yet smart) damp we can have...but if he isn't in foul trouble...I like him on the floor.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 10 3pta's tonight. I liked that.
Mavs 25 fta's tonight. I liked that.
JET 2 3pta's tonight. I liked that.
Dirk stuck a shiv in the Suns... I liked that too.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm with ya on wanting the most aggressive (yet smart) damp we can have...but if he isn't in foul trouble...I like him on the floor.
That's why I'd still like to see some magloire out there. Tonight if nash had been running point and bass was on oneal, it would have gotten ugly imo. But they didn't go to oneal for well over 5minutes.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #50
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a tough choice. He's not like Dirk, who can pretty easily play with fouls because he can contribute so much without initiating/risking contact. And we saw today again how quickly Damp can get 2 or 3 fouls. If he'd gotten those in the 3rd quarter instead of in the 4th, then the outcome of the game might have been different.

The ideal situation would be to have a second center who plays pretty well, and at least almost anchor the defense for 15-20 minutes a game. The ideal guy might be that Diop fella who is wasting away in New Jersey right now. Of course, then you lose an offensive option that keeps the opponents defense honest.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
That's why I'd still like to see some magloire out there. Tonight if nash had been running point and bass was on oneal, it would have gotten ugly.
agree on both points.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #52
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Except Magloire sucks
It still woulda gotten ugly if they'd decided to go with Oneal, and we wouldn't have gotten anything on the offensive end, either.

edit:
Oh, and as much as this board hates on Avery, how glad are we that we don't have Mike, Dan, and Toni who failed to exploit that mismatch??

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 04-06-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #53
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have DVR but if I remember correctly after the Kidd/Dirk high five at the timeline the game became easy for the Mavericks. They have been waiting for something good to happen as a direct result of their efforts. It hasn't came until today. I don't think the G.S. game came close to satisfying the yearning of result from effort the mavs needed.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #54
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
This was a nice win for the Mavs.

I'm not sure if the 4th was ice cold O by the Suns or great D by the mavs ...!
Definitely some of both. The Mavs did a great job closing down the interior. If 1 or 2 of those almost-timely, practically-open 3s by the suns go down, though, the end game is a lot tougher. When it came down to it, though, the Mavs took advantage of their opportunities (thank you Dirk!) and the Suns didn't (hah! Amare with 3 missed fts!)
Old 04-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #55
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh: 9-21FG, 6-8FT....... I sincerely don't get what the bad shots are all about. I counted two in which he settled for a jumper when he should have driven, but everyone takes bad shots.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Suns Forward Amaré Stoudemire (31 points, 6 rebounds):
(On Suns’ offense in the fourth): “We didn’t score and it’s that simple. They played the same defensively the whole game and we just didn’t get a chance to score. We have to put ourselves in an opportunity to get a basket and take advantage of the mismatches there in the fourth. We didn’t do that down the stretch and they took advantage of that and they got a win.”
Got news for ya bj.. They did not play the same defense in the fourth.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #57
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Amare Denialemire can eat it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #58
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Black Juvenile.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #59
Nbalegend41

Nbalegend41 is on a distinguished road

This was a must win for dallas and it was a good site to see them to be able to finish, however this who iso offense is still somtthing that needs to be changed.
Nbalegend41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #60
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

loved seeing Kidd posting up Nash.

Kidd is a lot stronger than I thought.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #61
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber

He is stronger than your mama.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #62
dude1394
Guru

So help me out...

These are not flagrants, right?

or this

Last edited by dude1394; 04-06-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #63
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

you know, there aren't a lot of rebounds to collect if the other team doesn't miss shots.

i don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal of rebounding. the reason the mavs caught up wasn't because damp is a good rebounder, it's because he was helpful in clogging the middle whenever they would send the double after stoudemire caught the ball, and because the mav's rotations were very crisp throughout the fourth quarter.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #64
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
So help me out...

or this
of course not! don't you see the name on the front and the back of the jersey? in no way shape or form does it say "dallas"....

of course, when Stackhouse does the same exact thing to Snaq in the Finals, it's a punishable by death crime

like I've said since then, F*** THE NBA!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 PM   #65
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They call flagrants only when you don't go for the ball. In that pic it looks like Shaq already blocked the crap out of the ball.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #66
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Got news for ya bj.. They did not play the same defense in the fourth.
The defense looked the same IMO. Suns wee hitting incedible shots in the 1st half. They wouldn't fall in the 2nd half. I saw Amae miss 2 dunks himself. Mavs deseve credit for their defense though in the 4th. Especially Jason Kidd. Without his defense on Nash i'm not sure we win this game.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #67
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
I don't have DVR but if I remember correctly after the Kidd/Dirk high five at the timeline the game became easy for the Mavericks. They have been waiting for something good to happen as a direct result of their efforts. It hasn't came until today. I don't think the G.S. game came close to satisfying the yearning of result from effort the mavs needed.
this is a great observation, ShaggyDirk. You rule! Just remember you only get responses when you say something stupid, nasty, or over the top.

You should also observe the fact that it is apparently clear these excruciating times the Mavs are going through have actually helped the coming together of this team. Specifically with Kidd.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #68
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
They call flagrants only when you don't go for the ball. In that pic it looks like Shaq already blocked the crap out of the ball.
What about the other one that didn't show up where snack swipes dirks head?

So just to make sure I understand. You can block the ball and then drive your forearm through the other players face, right? As long as you get ball?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
The defense looked the same IMO. Suns wee hitting incedible shots in the 1st half. They wouldn't fall in the 2nd half. I saw Amae miss 2 dunks himself. Mavs deseve credit for their defense though in the 4th. Especially Jason Kidd. Without his defense on Nash i'm not sure we win this game.
Popcornmachine says that devean george went in for jet in the fourth and appeared to turn it around.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #70
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
What about the other one that didn't show up where snack swipes dirks head?

So just to make sure I understand. You can block the ball and then drive your forearm through the other players face, right? As long as you get ball?
was just about to ask pretty much the exact same question
Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #71
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So help me out...

or this

No cause it's shaq and the 4 layers of fat behind his head.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #72
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
did you watch the game?

he took so many unwise shots it about drove me insane.
By 'unwise shots' you actually mean wide open 12 foot jumpshots right? There was one stepback 18 footer that was maddening but overall he just can't hit anything over 10 foot anymore, covered or not.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #73
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Technically that's not true. The foul only need to be deemed "excessive" by the ref, even if the defender is making a play on the ball.

In reality some players are better than others at making the excessive foul look like a basketball play and getting away with it. Shaq is probably the master as evidenced by the "accidental" elbow to Dirk's face in game 1 of the finals.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #74
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i can't believe we held the suns to 9 points in the 4th. Man, that is crazy.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #75
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It wasn't just longevity, he averaged 8 assists a game for his career despite playing just 30 minutes a game. His career assist rate is higher than Kidd's. He was limited physically but Mark Jackson saw the floor as well as anyone who has ever played.

You're right that he was just a good to very good player but his assist numbers should be touted.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #76
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
The PnR problems in the 1st half were barely attributable to Avery. Guys weren't rotating over properly and weren't putting any effort into it.

You can blame Avery for a lot of things, but when guys are playing without defensive intensity, I fail to see how that could possibly be Avery's fault. He's the most intense guy out there.
I thought it was great when Jackson talked about how Van Gundy used to tell his team that if they didn't play hard on defense he had no way of knowing if he was making the right calls.

I railed on JVG for what appeared to be an anti Mavs bias a few weeks back but that three man booth is the best thing going right now.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #77
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber

It's frustrating because with Kidds size and ability to spin either way and finish either hand, he can post up any guard in the league and get a layup if there's no double. The problem is there's about a 50% chance that he'll miss it.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #78
WraithXx
Diamond Member

goodbye wraith

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-06-2008 at 11:36 PM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #79
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #80
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I thought it was great when Jackson talked about how Van Gundy used to tell his team that if they didn't play hard on defense he had no way of knowing if he was making the right calls.

I railed on JVG for what appeared to be an anti Mavs bias a few weeks back but that three man booth is the best thing going right now.
Yeah, I may have taken some shots at Van Gundy over the last month (mainly for his coaching), but I kind of enjoy listening to him in the booth. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on this. I think think he's got something as a TV analyst.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 04-06-2008 at 09:36 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote