Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-25-2002, 06:17 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I asked Santa for both teams losing today.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2002, 06:22 PM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I would love to see a squabble in that game. ............I'm talking knock down, dragged out fighting baby!, it'd be sweeeeeeeeeeet
Old 12-25-2002, 09:32 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

LA 53
SAC 49

Half time.

"It´s been intense, but it´s been clean"

No fights yet.

Old 12-25-2002, 09:48 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a rather boring game, imo.

Not looking for fights or anything, but just some kind of emotion.

And quite honestly, I think the Kings are playing like shit.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:04 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, as soon as I post that, the Kings go on a nice run and cut the lead to 1.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:32 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Good thing Kobe has started missing and now the Kings have a 7 point lead with about 5 and 1/2 minutes to go.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:40 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I swear if the Lakers pull this game out, I'm gonna scream.

The Kings have a comfy lead and then Kobe hits a 3 and Fisher hits a lucky shot and they are within 3 again.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:43 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Ouch!!

How was that not a foul?

Dislocated finger for Bobby Jackson. Left hand, ring finger. He took a nasty slap from Shaq and had to leave the game.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:57 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Kings win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Love watching the Laker misery continue.

Still, waiting for the Mavs-Kings matchup. Sure would be nice if Najera could be ready to go, but I doubt it.
Old 12-25-2002, 11:13 PM   #10
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

I'm glad the lakers lost, but I'm mad the kings won!!

I hate them both..

Old 12-25-2002, 11:15 PM   #11
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Great game, the lakers have buried themselves, look for kobe or shaq to fake some kind of injury soon. Looks like it will be us and the jailblazers in the playoffs.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 11:33 PM   #12
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

this was the first time i've seen Jim Jackson in action with the Kings. what a fourth quarter. he played *smart*. perhaps by season's end he may be playing a lot more crunch time minutes than Doug Christie & Peja.

still, i can see why Mark Cuban went on record as saying that the Mavs had "no interest" in bringing Jackson back to Dallas. as nice as he looked tonight, we already get that kind of stuff from Eddie (and here's hoping we get Eddie back in top form).

Old 12-25-2002, 11:39 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

The Kings really have an injury problem this year.

Just now on the news, they reported that Bobby Jackson's finger is actually broken, not dislocated as previously thought.

They did an x-ray and that's when they discovered the fracture. He'll be re-evaluated in Sacramento tomorrow and go from there.
Old 12-25-2002, 11:42 PM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I liked the game. Kings were great in the 2nd half. Two things: they kept going to Stojakovic when he was hot. And when the Lakers went to Kobe in the 4th like they usually do, Sac made sure he wouldn´t get off by putting Jackson on him (who did an outstanding job on D), and by collapsing quite a bit on Kobe´s penetrations. I hope Nellie took note, cause he got those things completely wrong in our game against LA.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 11:43 PM   #15
BrianJ

He is playing great. But take away from Christies playing time? I don't care if he has an arm amputated, he needs to be out there. after the preseason beating of Fox that killed the lakers cocky swagger, he can do no wrong in my eyes. Also, when the mavs get Eddie back I cannot imagine them having a better team. Hopefully they can stay health throughout.
Old 12-25-2002, 11:44 PM   #16
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

A surprisingly boring game...even before Sacto made it's run. Kobe shot pathetically...Shaq did nada in the 2nd half.

You can see that Horry is hurting badly...he's limping around and CWebb just took things over.

Another win...for the TEAM concept. Little bit of Euro ball, for those who still aren't listening to the future even a little bit.

Lakers now 13 1/2 behind Mavs and in 11th place in the conference with over 1/3 of the Lakers season gone.

To get to 41 wins, they have to play at a 57.6 % pace.
To get to 45 wins, they have to play at a 65.3 % pace.
To get to 50 wins, they have to play at a 75.0 % pace.
To get to 55 wins, they have to play at a 84.6 % pace.

Right now, the T-Pups hold down the 8th spot with a 15-13 record, and a winning % of .536. Just for the sake of argument, let's say that the 8th seed plays at that pace all season...that's 43.95 wins...so lets'd just say 44 wins is what it will take to get into the playoffs. Lakers would then have play right at 65% for the final 2/3 of the season. Anyone think they can do that ? That's just under 2 out of every 3 games.

I bring all this up because:

1) The Lakers are right up there with the worst winning percentage EVER for a defending champ for 30 games into the season. Don't look now but the halfway mark in LA's season is coming fast.

2) More people that I know are buying into the "Conspiracy theory" regarding the upcoming draft. It seems inconceivable to me, personally, but a lot of people are talking and writing about it. Watching Shaq in the 2nd half tonight makes you wonder. IMO, he put in VERY LITTLE EFFORT. Maybe he's not back in game shape and got tired. Who knows...but going into the final minutes of the game he had 3 points in the 2nd half. In the final minute or so, he got 6 points to make his stats look somewhat better, but, by that time, the Kings were up 10 and just getting out of his way.

And as far as "taking a game over", CWebb definitely beat Kobe to that Title tonight.

As a Mavs fan, I wish the Lakes would have beaten up the Kings for us, but that's something that we're going to have to do for ourselves. I just don't care much about the Lakers anymore...the Kings are definitely our hurdle.

Edit: just heard that Bobby Jackson's HAND was broken tonight. We'll see if that's correct. Now the pickup of Jimmy Jackson looks great.
Old 12-25-2002, 11:46 PM   #17
BrianJ

Great news mavsfinley. Not politically correct, but hey I"ll take an advantage for the mavs at any cost
Old 12-26-2002, 01:49 AM   #18
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

This is why the kings win it all this year, they get a lead and keep it.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:43 AM   #19
Chiwas
Guru

<< Lakers would then have play right at 65% for the final 2/3 of the season. Anyone think they can do that ? That's just under 2 out of every 3 games. >>

I think they can; I think they don't want. BTW, Kobe and Shaq played a good first half but I saw a disorganized lakers all the game; it seemed to me that they don't have a team system, excepting the Kobe and Shaq system, without the &quot;-&quot; between their names anymore.

<< this was the first time i've seen Jim Jackson in action with the Kings. what a fourth quarter. he played *smart*. >>

He's playing great. The commentators (lakerians) were saying about the cheap offer Sacs got with him.

As a personal conclusion, the queens didn't play well; maybe our mavs in their present little slump, can even win the last night's SAC. (But not the real SAC)
Old 12-26-2002, 12:35 PM   #20
NBAGURU

NBAGURU is on a distinguished road

With the way Sac played at a pretty sub par level and defeating the LA that Dallas could not. Sac is looking pretty scary. This could be there year?
Old 12-26-2002, 12:57 PM   #21
NBAGURU

NBAGURU is on a distinguished road

Sacramento &quot;Queens&quot;

Los Angeles &quot;Fakers&quot;

Dallas &quot;Fags&quot;

San Antonio &quot;Girls&quot;

Which one of these fits the description?
Old 12-26-2002, 01:03 PM   #22
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I´m sorry but I disagree with those of you who say the Kings didn´t play that well or subpar. Look at all the team stats. They shot .463 (better than their season average), held LA to .367 (much better), had 25 ast to 11 to´s (both numbers better than their season average) and had 13 steals (also better). They were outrebounded but the high margin has alot to do with the Lakers poor shooting and grabbing some offensive boards (22). Other then giving up those orb the Kings played pretty well IMO, not great, but well.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote