Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Forum: Political Arena
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-...e-in-brooklyn/

Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead Saturday afternoon as they sat in their marked police car on a Brooklyn street corner — in what investigators believe was a crazed gunman’s *assassination-style mission to avenge Eric Garner and Michael Brown.
Quote:
Quote:
http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-...e-in-brooklyn/

Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead Saturday afternoon as they sat in their marked police car on a Brooklyn street corner — in what investigators believe was a crazed gunman’s *assassination-style mission to avenge Eric Garner and Michael Brown.
Quote:
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
You're such a fucking troll. Please tell us where else on this forum we can discuss this kind of issue. Go ahead, we're waiting.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
You're such a fucking troll. Please tell us where else on this forum we can discuss this kind of issue. Go ahead, we're waiting.
Seriously, explain to me how this is a political issue in any way.

If it doesn't fit into a particular board's description, it goes in The Lounge. Derp.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If it doesn't fit into a particular board's description, it goes in The Lounge. Derp.
How about you click on The Lounge and see what kinds of threads are posted there? Nothing of this level of seriousness is posted there, most of the threads there are threads that are lighthearted or meant for laughs. It's amazing how your first comment in this thread was about how it was posted in the Political Forum instead of actually speaking about the tragedy that took place. You proved you are a Troll.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Become a mod, then you can censor posts hoever you like.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:23 AM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Of course this is political. Cops are having a mini-strike against blasio because he was cozying up to the cop haters. Bambi has commented and commemted and commented about it, of course always tossing in some bambi political crap.

Damn near everything in the news except for kim kardashian is political.

Certainly ferguson is political, the entire cops are killing us meme is explicitly political.
I think it's being shamefully politicized, for sure, on equally despicable levels from both the pro- and anti-gun lobbies, but I don't think it's a political issue at all. It's a civil issue. Whether the police have too much power, not enough power, are unfairly targeting minorities, etc are all civil issues. Now yes, politicians have been weighing in and there has been newly-proposed legislature as a result of the Ferguson shooting in particular (i.e. policemen and women wearing cameras as standard dress), but I really don't feel this is a political issue at its core. Ferguson maybe, but not this particular tragedy.

Quote:
Become a mod, then you can censor posts hoever you like.
Deal!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sons goodbye to executed father.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/media...6/original.jpg
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-21-2014 at 12:04 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
How about you click on The Lounge and see what kinds of threads are posted there? Nothing of this level of seriousness is posted there, most of the threads there are threads that are lighthearted or meant for laughs. It's amazing how your first comment in this thread was about how it was posted in the Political Forum instead of actually speaking about the tragedy that took place. You proved you are a Troll.
Seriously...? Let's review:

Quote:
SMH.
Your first pointless reply offered absolutely ZERO perspective or remorse for this tragedy that you say you care about. It was 100% to comment on someone's political view of the topic, and not the topic itself. Almost by definition "trolling," which you are accusing me of! Keeping up?

Quote:
Your second post also doesn't make a single mention of the actual tragedy, which you obviously don't care about. But if other people make mention of a tangential topic... pitchforks up!

Quote:
Your third post. You seem to care more about whether I am giving the tragedy enough respect, yet you make three posts and 89 words before you actually address it!

And again, you are the one calling me a troll!

Maybe my initial "derp" was misdirected.

Last edited by spreedom; 12-21-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:29 PM   #9
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Seriously...? Let's review:

Your first pointless reply offered absolutely ZERO perspective or remorse for this tragedy that you say you care about. It was 100% to comment on someone's political view of the topic, and not the topic itself. Almost by definition "trolling," which you are accusing me of! Keeping up?

Your second post also doesn't make a single mention of the actual tragedy, which you obviously don't care about. But if other people make mention of a tangential topic... pitchforks up!

Your third post. You seem to care more about whether I am giving the tragedy enough respect, yet you make three posts and 89 words before you actually address it!

And again, you are the one calling me a troll!

Maybe my initial "derp" was misdirected.
So your argument is essentially that because I didn't provide some kind of remorse on what happened I can't comment on you trolling? What a stupid argument. I didn't comment on what happened simply because there was nothing for me to say. I was shocked when I heard the reports. Does me saying something in this thread somehow change what happened? Does it help the families of the victims? This is an extremely sad and unfortunate incident that took place. I understand you hold some idiotic grudge against Dude, but couldn't you at least put that aside for this issue? Nope. You crying about this thread not being in the Lounge was more important. Damn, that's really pathetic.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
So your argument is essentially that because I didn't provide some kind of remorse on what happened I can't comment on you trolling? What a stupid argument. I didn't comment on what happened simply because there was nothing for me to say. I was shocked when I heard the reports. Does me saying something in this thread somehow change what happened? Does it help the families of the victims? This is an extremely sad and unfortunate incident that took place. I understand you hold some idiotic grudge against Dude, but couldn't you at least put that aside for this issue? Nope. You crying about this thread not being in the Lounge was more important. Damn, that's really pathetic.
Too much hypocritical butthurt to process in one sitting. Will re-evaluate at a later date.