Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #1521
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/st...62049866792960

I like Frank. But I'm not gonna lie if DSJ is there and we pick Frank I'll be sad.
It just seems from everything I've read that Frank is in the same tier as DSJ and Monk...even with his inexperience. Scouts seem to love him.

And I really, really, reaaaaally don't think there is any chance that Smith falls to 9. If Knicks pick Frank, we pick Monk. If they pick Monk, we pick Frank. Don't see any other way around that barring a trade.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #1522
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

If Knicks pick Frank, we pick Monk. If they pick Monk, we pick Frank. Don't see any other way around that barring a trade.
Yeah, that is exactly the way I see it and I've actually made the same comment before.
I'd be happy with either of them.

I have a feeling if we draft Monk we'll make a strong move for Holiday in FA and Curry will eventually be moved for a backup PF because we won't be able to resign him.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-19-2017 at 02:06 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #1523
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe....Just like Dirk, pick#9 is a future hall of famer with an odd name and from another country.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #1524
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

"Ainge said in a conference call Monday after the trade was formally announced. "We think there's a really good chance the player we'll take at 3 is the same player we would have taken at 1. So this was a great opportunity to acquire an impactful asset."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ound-selection

Old 06-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #1525
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Stefan Bondy‏Verified account @SBondyNYDN 38m38 minutes ago

After report of Dallas going "all in" for Frank Ntilikina, source reiterates the Knicks have shown most interest

Old 06-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #1526
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine the Knicks picking Frank and in 3-4 years he is the guard version of Giannis.

Throwing away Giannis because of Cubans brainfart and losing out on Frank because we were too stupid to tank
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #1527
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Imagine the Knicks picking Frank and in 3-4 years he is the guard version of Giannis.

Throwing away Giannis because of Cubans brainfart and losing out on Frank because we were too stupid to tank
It goes much further than that when we were talking about Fultz, Smith, Ball, and Jackson earlier in the season. That attempt at a playoff run was stupid, and this is when you pay for it.

The glass half full is that the top 9 players are all reasonably within the realm of each other talent-wise. Monk is hardly a leftover pick. He is basically a more athletic, much better jump shooting Monta Ellis. Ellis's max vertical was 31.5" and Monks is 42". I know people worry about his fit with Steph Curry, but I really believe Monk will be a much better player.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:37 PM   #1528
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
It goes much further than that when we were talking about Fultz, Smith, Ball, and Jackson earlier in the season. That attempt at a playoff run was stupid, and this is when you pay for it.

The glass half full is that the top 9 players are all reasonably within the realm of each other talent-wise. Monk is hardly a leftover pick. He is basically a more athletic, much better jump shooting Monta Ellis. Ellis's max vertical was 31.5" and Monks is 42". I know people worry about his fit with Steph Curry, but I really believe Monk will be a much better player.
Spot on. Monk is an absolute killer. He is streaky, but ruthless.

I was talking to a friend about this. He asked if we traded up to 3, who would I want? The truth is its the same guys we have a reasonable shot to get at 9. Monk, DSJ, or Frank in that order. I could get on the Fox bandwagon or Isaac, but in truth I think they have some bigger holes that I would prefer to pass on.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-19-2017 at 07:37 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #1529
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Monk is a scorer who can get it done from anywhere on the floor... He's crafty as hell in the paint, can hit off-balance trick shots, has an arsenal of high-flying dunks, is a solid ball handler who uses fakes and quick dribbles to create space in the mid-range, spreads the floor by shooting almost 40% from beyond the arc, has the awareness and vision to drive and dish, and works well in the pick-and-roll (he'd be another guy who can toss lobs to Noel, but he can also catch lobs)... He isn't the biggest guy, but he's a pretty solid defender with good lateral quickness, and should have no problem hanging with smaller, quicker guards.

I'd still rather have DSJ or Frank, but Monk would be a helluva pick if that's who was there at #9... He'd probably be the #2-3 scoring option on the floor right out of the gate.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-19-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #1530
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Monk is a scorer who can get it done from anywhere on the floor... He's crafty as hell in the paint, can hit off-balance trick shots, has an arsenal of high-flying dunks, is a solid ball handler who uses fakes and quick dribbles to create space in the mid-range, spreads the floor by shooting almost 40% from beyond the arc, has the awareness and vision to drive and dish, and works well in the pick-and-roll (he'd be another guy who can toss lobs to Noel, but he can also catch lobs)... He isn't the biggest guy, but he's a pretty solid defender with good lateral quickness, and should have no problem hanging with smaller, quicker guards.

I'd still rather have DSJ or Frank, but Monk would be a helluva pick if that's who was there at #9... He'd probably be the #2-3 scoring option on the floor right out of the gate.
I was really impressed with his mid-range pull up game. Reminded me of Ray Allen. Blasphemy, I know. Ray's one of the best shooters to ever walk the earth and a few inches taller. But part of what made him so dangerous was the threat of the fake and mid range pull-up which was like a layup for him. Best case he's mini-Ray Allen and puts up 25 per night in years 3-10. Would be super excited to watch Monk for the next decade plus. Scoring machine in the making ala Devin Booker(again unfortunately a few inches shorter).
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #1531
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know people worry about his fit with Steph Curry, but I really believe Monk will be a much better player.
Damn....those are some pretty lofty expectations

Seriously, if we draft Monk I think he might replace Curry which isn't necessarily a bad thing if we can get something for Curry.
I still think if we draft Monk we'll aggressively pursue Holiday and try to move Curry for a late round pick or a young PF.
And I still think Curry for Singler/#21 would be a fair deal for both teams and there should be some decent PFs still available at #21.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-19-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:14 AM   #1532
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Damn....those are some pretty lofty expectations

Seriously, if we draft Monk I think he might replace Curry which isn't necessarily a bad thing if we can get something for Curry.
I still think if we draft Monk we'll aggressively pursue Holiday and try to move Curry for a late round pick or a young PF.
And I still think Curry for Singler/#21 would be a fair deal for both teams and there should be some decent PFs still available at #21.
Why is Singler included in this trade? I have no opinions about the guy, just wondering... If we got Monk, I think trading Curry for #21 (or somewhere thereabouts) would be a good deal, especially if guys like TJ Leaf or DJ Wilson are still on the board... No way we pay to keep Seth if Malik ends up in a Mavs uni, so we might as well get what we can for him while his value is high.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-20-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #1533
SMC0007
Guru

We're Taking semi ojeleye if we end up with 21st pick tho.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #1534
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
We're Taking semi ojeleye if we end up with 21st pick tho.
I could live with that -- he'd be a Rick Carlisle guy, no doubt.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #1535
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

The Mavericks draft in the same slot this year as they did when they took Nowitzki nearly two decades ago.

I found this little fact to be pretty interesting. I know we traded to get Dirk but he was a Mav all along. So maybe we get lucky again.

Last edited by AO41; 06-20-2017 at 08:56 AM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #1536
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Who takes Ball if the lakers pass?
Let's say things go like this

Sixers - fultz
Lakers - Jackson
Celtics - Tatum?
Suns - ball or fox
Kings - ball or fox
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #1537
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Who takes Ball if the lakers pass?
Let's say things go like this

Sixers - fultz
Lakers - Jackson
Celtics - Tatum?
Suns - ball or fox
Kings - ball or fox
Suns will (and have said they will) pass on Ball.

Wouldn't surprise me if the mentally defective Kings end up with him
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #1538
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #1539
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Yeah I watched a good amount of the game yesterday on a stream. I really like his defense but on offense he literally gets across half court and passes it then runs to the wing or corner. No wonder we love him so much, that's exactly what our offense looks like.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #1540
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Latest mock out of Boston Globe has all the PGs taken. Monk the only guard left for us

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-20-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #1541
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Latest mock out of Boston Globe has all the PGs taken. Monk the only guard left for us
NBAdraft.net updated this morning and has us with Smith jr. Draftexpress also has us with Smith.

I actually don't think this draft will be as predictable as some might think. If the Lakers pass on Ball, then it will be a wily ride to be sure. Even if they do pick him, it's relatively up in the air how 3-7 goes.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #1542
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I watched a good amount of the game yesterday on a stream. I really like his defense but on offense he literally gets across half court and passes it then runs to the wing or corner. No wonder we love him so much, that's exactly what our offense looks like.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #1543
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Frank is a huge project, but you haven't been paying much attention if you didn't know that by now. He is likely going to suck ass next season if he gets any minutes at all. He is the hope to be good 3-5 years down the road pick because he'll still be super young at the point.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #1544
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Frank is a huge project, but you haven't been paying much attention if you didn't know that by now. He is likely going to suck ass next season if he gets any minutes at all. He is the hope to be good 3-5 years down the road pick because he'll still be super young at the point.
Probably why Monk is a better pick for us.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #1545
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think anyone would really be upset with Frank being the pick at 9. It's just what are we passing up to pick him? Is DSJ there? Is it Monk? Or worse... are we giving up assets to move up to 7 to take him in front of the Knicks AND picking him over ppl like DSJ and Monk? The context of picking him is all that matters to me honestly. Just like I'm fine with taking Lauri if it's outside of the top 10 and Mitchell is not there in a trade back scenario.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #1546
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why is Singler included in this trade? I have no opinions about the guy, just wondering... If we got Monk, I think trading Curry for #21 (or somewhere thereabouts) would be a good deal, especially if guys like TJ Leaf or DJ Wilson are still on the board... No way we pay to keep Seth if Malik ends up in a Mavs uni, so we might as well get what we can for him while his value is high.
If okc would do it without singler then great. Just thought taking on his contract would help our cause. Salaries would pretty much match if we included singler.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #1547
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NBAdraft.net updated this morning and has us with Smith jr. Draftexpress also has us with Smith.

I actually don't think this draft will be as predictable as some might think. If the Lakers pass on Ball, then it will be a wily ride to be sure. Even if they do pick him, it's relatively up in the air how 3-7 goes.
yeah i think nbadraft is the best one...

Wolves are a huge questionmark. Giving up on Rubio and drafting Smith or picking Monk to add a primary bench scorer to the core or even trading the pick.

I really hope they reach for Markkanen and they pick fit over talent
Old 06-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #1548
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Probably why Monk is a better pick for us.
No one wins a ring the next three years outside Warriors/Cavs/Spurs/Celtics. No reason to pick Monk because he is "ready"

Last edited by sefant77; 06-20-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #1549
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
No one wins a ring the next three years outside Warriors/Cavs/Spurs/Celtics. No reason to pick Monk because he is "ready"
The problem is that we really have no clue what kind of player Frank will be. His ceiling is all over the map. Sounds like a mature kid with all the right tools, and scouts say all of the right things about him. But Monk is every bit as talented if not more so. And he has a pretty darn good season at Kentucky to back it up.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #1550
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Chad Ford‏Verified account
@chadfordinsider

Chad Ford Retweeted Dave McMenamin
Jackson won't workout in Boston unless the Celtics commit that 1. They're keeping the pick 2. He's their guy at No. 3.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #1551
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chad Ford‏Verified account
@chadfordinsider

Chad Ford Retweeted Dave McMenamin
Jackson won't workout in Boston unless the Celtics commit that 1. They're keeping the pick 2. He's their guy at No. 3.

That's stupid. Why would they commit to taking him prior to seeing him workout? He has the chance to be drafted at #3 for a contending team but won't workout for them... SMH.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #1552
SMC0007
Guru

Just like Dirk essentially said, a lot of these kids come into the league thinking the league owes them something before they even play a game.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #1553
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Also tho.. Just because he is nba ready now, doesn't mean he won't still be in a few years. If anything he woukd be more ready to take on a leading role by the time we have added pieces to make another legit run.

I don't fret this franchise not doing what it takes to be competitive. We are totally willing to spend money in f.a. and via trades and it's really been that we have been unlucky in getting top free agents to take our bait which most times has been as alluring on paper as other places.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #1554
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think anyone would really be upset with Frank being the pick at 9. It's just what are we passing up to pick him? Is DSJ there? Is it Monk? Or worse... are we giving up assets to move up to 7 to take him in front of the Knicks AND picking him over ppl like DSJ and Monk? The context of picking him is all that matters to me honestly. Just like I'm fine with taking Lauri if it's outside of the top 10 and Mitchell is not there in a trade back scenario.
Ive come full circle on this. Preferred DSJ first- back early in college season. Soured on him. Fell for Frank. Never thought Monk would slip.

As of now I cant see passing on Monk or DSJ. Love Franks defensive potential but man does having an already polished crafty scorer like Monk seem awfully appealing. And Monk just turned 19! in February. He isnt that much older than Frank but looks like prime Jason Terry out there. For me its Issac(may have motor issues but SO much potential), Monk or DSJ then Frank. After that its Mitchell and Collins and then nobody for days....
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #1555
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
For me its Issac(may have motor issues but SO much potential), Monk or DSJ then Frank. After that its Mitchell and Collins and then nobody for days....
Yep...pretty much the same here.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #1556
rimrocker
Diamond Member

If we were to end up picking DSJ I wonder if Detroit would trade their pick for Curry/2018 top 5 protected?
Then we take Kennard or Mitchell.

DSJ/Kennard or Mitchell/Barnes/Noel would be a nice core to start building with.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-20-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #1557
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
If we were to end up picking DSJ I wonder if Detroit would trade their pick for Curry/2018 top 5 protected?
Then we take Kennard or Mitchell.

DSJ/Kennard or Mitchell/Barnes/Noel would be a nice core to start building with.
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/statu...50022237683712

I don't see us trading him while he's at our draft party. It could happen sure but unless a team called us for him I don't think he's being offered by us in any deal atm. I think the only way we get a 1st round draft pick is by portland in a salary dump personally. Maybe there is a chance someone slides we rly like in the 2nd and something else can be worked out idk.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #1558
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...87243236462592

Quote:
Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #1559
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
That makes it almost certain Lakers are taking a PG...Ball or Fox.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #1560
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Suns will (and have said they will) pass on Ball.

Wouldn't surprise me if the mentally defective Kings end up with him
Ill put my house and my dog on it that Lakers take Ball. Anything to the contrary is a smoke screen.