Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-07-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Agent: Nguyen out indefinitely

10:09 AM CDT on Friday, October 7, 2005

By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – Cowboys middle linebacker Dat Nguyen will be out indefinitely with a neck injury, his agent said Friday morning.

“I can’t tell you how long he is going to be out,” Jim Steiner said. “He is going to take a little time off, and I can’t speculate on his return.

“I am going to talk to the club today and talk to the coach [Bill Parcells] and see how we want to handle things.”

Steiner said he and Nguyen talked Thursday night about how best to approach his recovery.

Nguyen has played in 43 straight games. He did not practice Thursday. Nguyen had an MRI earlier in the week. He has been bothered by a stinger suffered in Week 3 at San Francisco, an injury he aggravated in practice last week, but he practiced Wednesday.

If he can't play, Scott Shanle would be his likely replacement.

Nguyen leads the Cowboys with 31 tackles and is the only defender with at least one sack, tackle for a loss, pressure, interception, pass deflection and forced fumble.

"Of course it would be huge [if Nguyen can't play]," defensive end Greg Ellis said Thursday. "But I think we have to continue working along either with Dat or without Dat. You've got to be able to keep playing."

Shanle has 11 tackles and 1 ½ sacks this season, playing mostly in the nickel defense. If Nguyen can't play, Shanle would assume both roles Sunday against Philadelphia, although Ryan Fowler could see some playing time.

link
Old 10-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Agent: Nguyen out indefinitely

its time for the defense to step up, maybe an injury will get them focused.........

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Agent: Nguyen out indefinitely

Bad news. Dat has been having a pretty solid year thus far.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Why Shanle and not Fujita?
Old 10-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Fujita plays the outside.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Well now that would explain it then wouldn't it?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]