Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-04-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I hate tuesday night college football games.

Troy - 13
North Texas - 10

I think that snaps a fairly decent conference win string for unt.

Why make teams play on Tuesday night? Outside of ESPN money it offers nothing. That really sucks. The kids are disrupted, the schools are disrupted, there isn't going to be a decent crowd in most cases.....just a bad idea really imo.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2005, 02:01 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: I hate tuesday night college football games.

I'm taking your word for this, as I didn't watch the game and I would generally have a hard time believing that North Texas State could find themselves on ESPN. But if you're right, surely that's part of the reason why. No way in hell the little Eagles, or whatever they are called, find a national audience on a Saturday. So in that respect, it seems a fair enough price for the university to pay.

As to your other points...I understand, but what's a "disruption" like that, once in a year? Something tells me that if it were Texas and Ohio State, attendance wouldn't suffer at all.

And you also have to think abou the bettors. Do not underestimate what percentage of the viewers comprise that segment.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote