Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default World Series coming to TEXAS BABY!!!!

Way to go Stros!!!!!!!!

woo hooo!!!!!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: World Series coming to TEXAS BABY!!!!

Obviously I wish it were happening at The Temple, but I'm plenty happy for the Stros.

I hope they break the hearts of bandwagon White Sox fans everywhere [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
World Series coming to TEXAS BABY!!!!
Thank god for the Astros.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:38 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:World Series coming to TEXAS BABY!!!!

this sucks

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:42 AM   #5
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Obviously I wish it were happening at The Temple, but I'm plenty happy for the Stros.

I hope they break the hearts of bandwagon White Sox fans everywhere [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
oh, you mean the ones with the cubs hats and kerry wood jerseys in their closets? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:40 AM   #6
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

the mood here in houston on tuesday was so somber - i'm glad to see that didn't rub off on the 'stros. mid-june the headline in the houston chronicle said "RIP - Astros 2005" or something to that effect. i wish i still had that paper....i'd frame it along side the one that says: "Houston we have a Pennant" this morning....

i sure hope they can pull it off....the franchise has waited long enough.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

The World Champion Houston Astros begin their quest tomorrow. Be there or be left behind.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

what about option C: "be indifferent?"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:55 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

they really surprised me by not folding after that huge pujols homerun.

of course, as a cubs fan, i don't like the white sox, and i don't like anyone else in the NL Central. so i'm going with option c, too, sikey. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

weenies. Don't say I didn't ry to get you on the Astros bandwagon.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Put me down as an Astros fan on borrowed time.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:03 PM   #12
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Any predictions anyone?

Astros in 5 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], its just their year, finally!!!!!!!
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:57 AM   #13
AnMan21

there is no excuse, NONE, for not getting taveras home when he leads off 2 innings with doubles. Berkman advances him to second (once on a ground out to first, once on a base hit). then the ice cold ensberg isn't asked to squeeze!?! he couldn't even get enough stick on it to sacrifice fly. Lamb and Bagwell fan too. geez that was painfull. all in all, considering clemens left after 2, i'd have to say the 'stros were able to hang tough. all they need is a split in chicago...
Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 PM   #14
jrj

jrj is on a distinguished road

As someone living in the south side of Chicago, i had to pop my head out of obscurity just to say suck it. And no one better call me a cubs fan.
jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:47 PM   #15
AnMan21

astros should've won both games in chicago. oswalt going to the mound tuesday at home....the dude has ice running through his veins - if he can get a little run support, the 'stros should bounce back. it'd sure be nice if lidge would stop serving up meat though...
Old 10-25-2005, 11:15 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: jrj
As someone living in the south side of Chicago, i had to pop my head out of obscurity just to say suck it. And no one better call me a cubs fan.
Pretty brave after waiting to see how the first 2 games would play out. I guess that kind of thing is common in Cubs fans.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:46 AM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

This is one hell of a game. Even if they dont score this inning, they just need Astacio to not give up any runs for 2 innings. Marte cant pitch much longer. Come on stros.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:56 AM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:38 AM   #19
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

yes, now please lose the WS in houston.. i would freaking love to see that

Contact Me
Old 10-26-2005, 10:07 PM   #20
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I love me some Lyle Lovett. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 10-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Poor Backe. An amazing effort tonight and nothing to show for it.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Aw poop. Well congrats to the Chicago White Sox. Good job.

Congrats to the Astros on a great season too.

Jermaine Dye over Podsednik for the MVP is criminal. ThePodsednik kid had a tremendous playoff series and oh by the way.....He is from West, TX just outside of Waco and has played his way to this level the good old fashioned way. Great kid.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:14 PM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

Well that sucked. But it was a pretty entertaining series, especially considering the fact that it was a sweep [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2005, 12:26 AM   #24
alby
Guru

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Old 10-27-2005, 01:23 AM   #25
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Aw poop. Well congrats to the Chicago White Sox. Good job.

Congrats to the Astros on a great season too.

Jermaine Dye over Podsednik for the MVP is criminal. ThePodsednik kid had a tremendous playoff series and oh by the way.....He is from West, TX just outside of Waco and has played his way to this level the good old fashioned way. Great kid.
Podsednik had some friends from Waco, my brother and him used to run into each other when he (my brother) went to midway high school. He supposedly is a really nice nice guy who is really humble.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:41 AM   #26
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Chokecity.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Fah Q- that's pretty cool. Did you go to Midway too? I play hoops at Midway every week.