Old 01-12-2004, 03:46 AM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default rumors irritate mavericks

Trade rumors irritate team (1/12)

Mavs president says there are no plans for deal involving Jamison

10:49 PM CST on Sunday, January 11, 2004

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks' president of basketball operations, knows that rumors and rumors of rumors are a way of NBA life.

But one thing has bothered him about all the speculation surrounding the Mavericks – the inclusion of Antawn Jamison's name.

"Arguably, he's been our most consistent player," Nelson said before the Mavericks' 115-102 loss to the Detroit Pistons.
Mavericks/NBA

The Mavericks like the way Jamison has bought into the system and changed his game to come off the bench. They also say they have no intention of making any panic move.

For his part, Jamison has learned to block out rumors since first hearing his name floated for Portland's Rasheed Wallace a month ago – a rumor that refuses to die.

"One time, I kind of paid too much attention," Jamison said. "It was the one that had me going to Portland. I didn't know what was going on. Ever since then, every rumor comes in one ear and out the other ear."
Old 01-12-2004, 04:32 AM   #2
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: rumors irritate mavericks

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
Trade rumors irritate team (1/12)

Mavs president says there are no plans for deal involving Jamison

10:49 PM CST on Sunday, January 11, 2004

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks' president of basketball operations, knows that rumors and rumors of rumors are a way of NBA life.

But one thing has bothered him about all the speculation surrounding the Mavericks – the inclusion of Antawn Jamison's name.

"Arguably, he's been our most consistent player," Nelson said before the Mavericks' 115-102 loss to the Detroit Pistons.
Mavericks/NBA

Last year Nellie and Cuban both said NVE was their best playoff player and he wasn't going to be traded, so take this with a grain of salt.

The Mavericks like the way Jamison has bought into the system and changed his game to come off the bench. They also say they have no intention of making any panic move.

For his part, Jamison has learned to block out rumors since first hearing his name floated for Portland's Rasheed Wallace a month ago – a rumor that refuses to die.

"One time, I kind of paid too much attention," Jamison said. "It was the one that had me going to Portland. I didn't know what was going on. Ever since then, every rumor comes in one ear and out the other ear."
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
rumors irritate mavericks
Losing irritates Mavericks' fans.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:18 AM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Classic.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
They also say they have no intention of making any panic move.
Does "they" include Cuban?

Old 01-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
And it should irriate the players as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]