Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-23-2006, 02:37 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default FUTURAMA IS BACK! ...err....again!

The New York Post is reporting that Futurama is definitely coming back with at least 13 new episodes that will premier on Comedy Central in 2008. The return of Futurama, which has been rumored for some time (see "Futurama to Return?"), will mark only the second time that a canceled TV series has been resurrected -- and both of the reconstituted series were animated (the other was Family Guy) and both series originally appeared on the Fox Network, but were revived thanks to hugely popular runs on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

According to the Post, all the original voice talent has been re-signed, along with the production staff. Katy Sagal, who voices Leela, confirmed the return of Futurama on Craig Ferguson's Late Late Show earlier this week. Late last year Comedy Central outbid the Cartoon Network for the rights to the 52 original Futurama episodes and will begin showing them when Cartoon Network's contract runs out in 2008. Comedy Central also has the rights to air any new episodes as well, and is most likely involved in the financing of the new shows (Futurama is a much more expensive show to produce than Family Guy).
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god for Adult Swim.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Can't wait.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Huzzahhhh!!!!!!! Futurama is greatness...

"Call me old fashioned but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating."
Old 06-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"and I'm his friend Jesus!"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

great, GREAT news!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #7
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

"Your music is bad, and you should feel bad!"

Old 06-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Nibblonian: You are the last hope of the universe.
Fry: So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?
Nibbloninan: Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock.

and my favorite

Brain 1: You have no means of escape. If you press that button, you will be trapped in the other universe with us.
Brain 2: And we'll form a tightly-knit clique that you won't be part of!

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-25-2006 at 03:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

Fry: "These hands are so cold"
Robot Devil: "And yet Hell is so HOT!"

one of my favorites...

Old 06-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

"No fair, you changed the outcome by measuring it!"

Old 06-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

"Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"
Old 06-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'll always remember the episode with Fry's dog. what a tear-jerker.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If I ever want to cry I just listen to I will wait for you from Les Parapluies de Cherbourg-- the song they played over the montage at the end.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that actually really was sad.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 PM   #15
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

"Leela, save me...and yourself, I guess...and my banjo...and Fry."

Old 06-29-2006, 04:17 AM   #16
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Wohooooo best news in a long time =)

The Episode with Frys "brother" is also a sad but wonderfull done episode. (The Luck of the Fryrish)
One of my favorite quotes:
(Guenter the ape just ran away)
Professor Farnsworth: Oh, I always feared he might run off like this. Why, why, why didn't I break his legs?
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, NX, that was touching as well.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:24 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I can't keep running people over. I'm not famous enough to get away with it.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #19
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

this is great news. too bad cartoon network didn't win the bid. i like comedy central and all, but cartoon network is so much more convenient.

"if a cop-a-feel i must, then a cop-a-feel i shall"

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Antiquing

***BOOM***

I'm all right
Old 07-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"People said I was dumb, but I proved them!"
Old 07-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

man, this thread makes me happy every time I see it!

Old 07-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"Call me cocky, but if there's an alien out there I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet."

-The Zapper
Old 07-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The Robot Devil is pleased.

Hopefully we'll get more of this guy:

Underused character IMO.

Why does is take more then a year and a half to churn out 8 episodes?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #25
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think it has something to do with Adult Swim/Cartoon Networks rights to the show. They donr expire until '08. And the new ones have been ordered by comedy central..

plus getting all the animators and producers and the studio, the tech folks back together. The writing team, doing the actual writing.... Its probably like almost starting fresh getting everything set backup.

gayness
Old 08-07-2006, 08:51 AM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

If you are running Firefox like you should..... add this to your Themes and you will be a happy camper:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3025/
Old 08-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #27
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
If you are running Firefox like you should..... add this to your Themes and you will be a happy camper:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3025/
downloaded it, but how do I load it?

Old 08-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
downloaded it, but how do I load it?
Well, when you downloaded it it should have asked you if you want to install it.... you tell it yes and the Themes dialog box comes up and you can see it downloading the theme. When done, you can change your current theme to Futurama by double-clicking the Futurama theme from the list of Themes installed. It will then tell you to restart Firefox before the theme will be used.

It's great, the scroll bar at the right of the web-page becomes Bender's arm, and there is a highlighted portion of his arm that represents the portion of the page you are viewing.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"Ah my home away from home. By the way Kif, your toilet seems to be set on stun, not kill...."
Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #30
sike
The Preacha

"Lets just hope some robot doesn't kill everybody!"

Old 08-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #31
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Futurama? What's that?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"Hey baby, wanna kill all humans?"
Old 08-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #33
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

"This is by a wide margin the least likely thing that has ever happened!"
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I heart the Crushinator.

By the way, I was watching episodes from Season 4, and Anthology of Interest II kept reminding me of Male23Dan. That should be his favorite episode. Oh how I wish I had a WhatIf machine....
Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #35
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

"An opera dedicated to a woman? How deliciously absurd!"

Old 08-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
"An opera dedicated to a woman? How deliciously absurd!"
lol.

"These hands are always touching me...in places..."
Old 08-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I heart the Crushinator.

By the way, I was watching episodes from Season 4, and Anthology of Interest II kept reminding me of Male23Dan. That should be his favorite episode. Oh how I wish I had a WhatIf machine....
or a finglonger
Old 08-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #38
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

One of the greatest minor characters of all time, on a show that's chock full of them.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 08-10-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I didn't know which thread to put this in.... this one or the Lost thread... but in A Pharoah to Remember the slaves are carving a statue with a 4-TOED PHAROAH!!!!!!

Coincidence? Is Damon Lindeloff a Futurama fan? JJ Abrams?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
One of the greatest minor characters of all time, on a show that's chock full of them.

"I apologize for nothing!!!"