Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-24-2007, 06:14 PM   #81
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The first dvd, "Bender's Big Score" comes out on tuesday. I, working at a video store, got to rent it early. I've watched it twice already and am about to watch it for a third time with the audio commentary. Let me tell you, it's pure futurama gold.

FUTURAMA IS BACK BABY!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #82
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, it was a pretty good movie. I watched it here.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #83
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh baby I am excited!

I err....obtained.....yeah....a copy early, but haven't had time to watch it yet. I think I'll skip that and just wait for the DVD tomorrow. I can't wait to see the widescreen futurama on my HDTV.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #84
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Yeah, it was a pretty good movie. I watched it here.
Thank you.

I teared up at the end.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 AM   #85
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I watched it late last night. It was pure greatness!!!!

The plot twist at the end was fairly obvious throughout, but the cliff hanger is great. I can't wait for the next one. I'm gonna go pick up the DVD at lunch.

Go to the store, open your wallet. If you can't get your wallet open, give them your wallet. Leave with Benders Big Score, enjoy!!

I'm so happy my Futurama friends are back
Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah I watched it late last night. It was pure greatness!!!!

The plot twist at the end was fairly obvious throughout, but the cliff hanger is great. I can't wait for the next one. I'm gonna go pick up the DVD at lunch.

Go to the store, open your wallet. If you can't get your wallet open, give them your wallet. Leave with Benders Big Score, enjoy!!

I'm so happy my Futurama friends are back
I am more excited than disabled robots at a Beck concert!!! can't wait to own this title!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #87
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"without my body I'm just a nobody"....dang that is genius

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #88
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
The first dvd, "Bender's Big Score" comes out on tuesday. I, working at a video store, got to rent it early. I've watched it twice already and am about to watch it for a third time with the audio commentary. Let me tell you, it's pure futurama gold.

FUTURAMA IS BACK BABY!
can't wait to own this...watched most of it with the link...but its a must own!

WAY too much Hermes...way too little Zoidberg and Zap

Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I won't hear anyone say anything bad about this!!!!

Including sike and his black cloud he tows around with him in the Heroes threads.

It was greatness I tell you!!!!!

But I do agree, I could've used a little more El Zoido and "I am the man with no name.....Zapp Brannigan!"
Old 11-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #90
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I won't hear anyone say anything bad about this!!!!

Including sike and his black cloud he tows around with him in the Heroes threads.

It was greatness I tell you!!!!!

But I do agree, I could've used a little more El Zoido and "I am the man with no name.....Zapp Brannigan!"
black cloud of honesty, you mean.

my favorite zapp line of all time..and one of the best lines I've ever heard or read is "You win again gravity!!!!" as the steakhouse is pulled into the amazon's home planet!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Best Zapp line ever:

"Call me cocky, but if there's an alien out there I can't kill I haven't met him and killed him yet"
Old 11-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #92
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Various Futurama links and interviews on release day:

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Futurama/...k_Roundup.html

http://www.gotfuturama.com/

edit: giggle....

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-27-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #93
sike
The Preacha

hypnotoad is about as genius as they come

Old 11-28-2007, 11:40 PM   #94
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I haven't watched the commentary yet on the DVD. Anyone enjoyed that yet?

I love all of the time travel in this. It's so distinctly nerdy and FUTURAMA. Everyone who writes this show in a star trek fan (as am I) and I really enjoy the subtle homages to trekdom in every crazy time travel paradox scenario.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #95
sike
The Preacha

I actually got board with the time travel except when the professor was talking about it....then it was amazingly funny...

Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 PM   #96
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
WAY too much Hermes...way too little Zoidberg
I thought you were happy. Your tail is wagging!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #97
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I thought you were happy. Your tail is wagging!
genius!!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #98
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You should watch the episode of "Everybody loves Hypnotoad".....
Old 03-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #99
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

June

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fut...ion-Backs/9081

Not soon enough, dangit.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #100
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
You should watch the episode of "Everybody loves Hypnotoad".....
I couldn't stomach it....genius and gutsy....but unwatchable.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #101
sike
The Preacha

a lot of my friends (who are die hard fans as well) didn't like the new dvd movie.

I too found it rather weak...but I'm too much of a fan and still loved it.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #102
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I like it more each time I watch it.

I may be too loyal, but don't care. I will take it any way I can get it.

Still, it's like the hour long versions of The Office. Not quite as good. They're both better in 22 minute bursts of hilariousitygoodnicityness.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:08 AM   #103
MissNU

MissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura about
Default Futurama-4 episodes 2 hours?

At first I hated Futurama, I thought it was designed to take over "The Simpsons". Not true! Futurama has not only been a great show but it has complemented "The Simpsons" well. The new 4 hour episode may have been a little har to follow but it was filled with the great idiosyncracies that draws us to the show in the first place. I am glad to see Futureama return. Now stare at the Hypnofrog...........
MissNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #104
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Old 04-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #105
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Also found this....

This is a European poster, but the dates appear consistent with the US release dates so far. (Apart from the first one)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-08-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #106
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

If anyone knows...and I would have no idea....but maybe some of you do...

The new movie "Beast with a Billion Backs" has been leaked, and is available on the internet for download.

I have no idea how one would go about downloading it, or what sites to use, but I just thought I'd let you know.

If someone happens to download it, put it on my machine, and burn it to DVDR....I MAY be watching it tomorrow night, and I MAY tell you what I think tomorrow night.

Again...no idea how to get it though. The internet is hard.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #107
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I saw about 25 minutes of Bender's Big Score and wondered when Futurama was coming back on the air... Every single joke fell flat - it had the same feel as any new run-of-the-mill Simpson's episode... I thought the old writers were coming back, but the dialog so horrible that this couldn't be the same group (unless they spent their hiatus being corrupted by George Lucas?)

Tell me the rest of the episodes don't suck so badly (I want to remember Futurama as a show I loved!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-10-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #108
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

God there is no pleasing you.

It's the exact same writers. I love Benders Big Score.

There isn't a single GD episode or minute of Futurama that "sucks so badly"
Old 06-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #109
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
God there is no pleasing you.

It's the exact same writers. I love Benders Big Score.

There isn't a single GD episode or minute of Futurama that "sucks so badly"
I was pleased by 72 episodes of Futurama, so obviously you're wrong (oh, and your mom makes me smile too...)

The first part (they split it up into several episodes) of Bender's Big Score I saw was a bunch of cheesy/unnecessary re-introductions of characters we already know, a few rip-offs of Family Guy about what was going on while the show was off the air, and some weak re-hashes of the most worn-out jokes from the original series...

I'm just wondering if the show picks back up, or if it's just a shell of it's former self that everyone will force themselves to love because they liked what it USED to be (like the Star Wars prequels, the new Indiana Jones flick, or any other piece of nostalgia that Hollywood digs up & rapes the dead corpse of...)

Last edited by Underdog; 06-11-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #110
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I like futurama. I don't think it's all that funny but it's fun to watch.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #111
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #112
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded a legit copy of 'The Beast With a Billion Backs' this late evening, but it's too late to watch it now, unfortunately...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #113
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well I will say that the movie Futurama is of course not as good as episode Futurama. I don't think that needs to be said.

It's like the hour long episodes of The Office...it's just not the same...they're reaching.

But it's tougher where there isn't any. The worst day with new Futurama is pretty much better than any other day for me. If you don't feel the same way, then maybe the new futurama movies aren't for you. Don't watch them.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #114
Underdog

Quote:
But it's tougher where there isn't any. The worst day with new Futurama is pretty much better than any other day for me. If you don't feel the same way, then maybe the new futurama movies aren't for you. Don't watch them.
That's what I'm trying to determine - should I watch the rest?

(to re-explain myself with sightly less bitching):

The first 1/3 of Bender's Big Score was underwhelming, but that doesn't mean the rest of it was bad (Comedy Central broke it up into 1/2-hour-long episodes, so all I saw was the first one)... I could understand if they were trying to re-establish the show during the first 1/3 of the movie - I'm just wondering if it goes on like that or if they finally get back into the full-swing of things?

I only ask because I don't want to pay money for it if it doesn't live up to the old Futurama episodes (and my internet connection at home SUCKS for streaming video...)

All I'm really asking is: did anyone hate the first 1/3 of Bender's Big Score and still love the rest of it, or is it the same throughout?

(basically I just want someone to agree with me that the beginning sucked, then reassure me that the rest of it is good!)

Last edited by Underdog; 06-11-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #115
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Benders Big Score >> Beast with a Billion Backs
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #116
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Benders Big Score >> Beast with a Billion Backs
damn really?

You watched it already?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #117
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I didnt think Bender's Big Score was all that hot TBH. in the process of Downloading my Beast copy.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #118
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well it's not going back into regular production...so this is all we've got.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #119
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Nothing that has come out so far, in my opinion, is better than the original series. I still enjoyed BBS and BBB...... but BBB just seemed like a rehashed story to me. I will wait until you guys have seen it to give you my thoughts on why I was disappointed. One thing in particular bugged me badly. Positive rep to the one that can guess why.... and it has nothing to do with Turanga or Phillip.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #120
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well...that was...weird.