Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #361
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with Flaco's assessment. Good teaser to lay the foundation for the season I guess. Reading through some of the thread, I realized that I apparently missed season 6 entirely.

(I liked Tony's character a lot, but come on... and the pitch for his return also seemed a tad cheesy, like something from an ER commercial.)

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #362
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Tony's returning? I missed that entirely. Where did that come in. And if true, how?

edit: and as for the movie..... that was meh. It would have been nice to have mama Chloe or someone like that back also for the 2 hour bit. Not Tom. That guy is annoying. If Tony's back, can Michelle be back too? And Curtis? It can be the zombie season.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-25-2008 at 08:22 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #363
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

See any trailer for season 7 about Tony. They've been out for well over a year, and they had one at the end of the 2 hours on Sunday during the last 2 minutes of the hour.

They didn't give Tony the silent clock. Michelle is definitely dead. And Curtis...I forgot about that. That sucked.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #364
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
See any trailer for season 7 about Tony. They've been out for well over a year, and they had one at the end of the 2 hours on Sunday during the last 2 minutes of the hour.

They didn't give Tony the silent clock. Michelle is definitely dead. And Curtis...I forgot about that. That sucked.
I'm calling shark jump. He was dead. Confirmed by multiple people, and even reiterated after the fact.

So he has to be a zombie.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #365
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

<HOLDS HANDS TO EARS> BLAH BLAH BLEAH BLAH BLEAH BLAH BLAH I LIKE 24!!!! LBAH BLAH BLAH </HOLDS HANDS TO EARS>
Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #366
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Oh now, I like it too. But they never should have killed Tony if they wanted him to remain on the show.

By the way.... after rewatching S6 (I skated through most of the episodes to avoid the Karen/Tom junk) the ending was much more powerful. Jacks life sucks. I hope he gets reunited with Kim and he can watch her have a life. His life is ruined.

Audrey is still living though. So maybe there is hope in that.

One other thing.... I got the impression that the movie was 1 year after the events of Season 6. Is that confirmed?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #367
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

All the fan sites and wikipedia say that 3 and a half years pass between season 6 and season 7. I don't know where they get that from. Maybe the writers said it...

The timeline in 24 is muddy and poorly defined.

Day 1 was on Super Tuesday, Day 2, Palmer was still president, Day 3 he was running for president again, so you can say that Day 3 was 4 years after day 1. Supposedly it's' 2.5 years between 2 and 3, 1.5 years between 3 and 4, and 4 and 5, and 1.75 years between 5 and 6. And now 3.5 between 6 and 7.

Assuming Day 1 was the 2000 election, which they've never actually confirmed...it's like...2015? or something? Which makes no sense as a new president is being sworn in....They're very vague about it and I don't think it really matters.

edit: That's one of the nice things about 24 actually, is you don't need to get all nerded out about it like you do with LOST. It's just watch and enjoy.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-25-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #368
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle gives me rabid pants. (gave, I guess )
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #369
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

The movie was 3 1/2 years after season 6, because I believe it was said that Wayne Palmer was about 6 months into his first term during day 6, and that was Noah Daniels finishing out that term.

Four elections in 24.

March 2000: Day 1. It's Super Tuesday, and let's just say for kick's sake it's the 2000 election.

September 2001: Day 2. 16 months passed in between days 1 and 2.

September 2004: Day 3. We're in debate season, and three years passed in between days 2 and 3. The video game is six months after day 2 and 2 1/2 years before day 3, if anyone other than me has played it.

November 2004: Republican John Keeler defeats the Democratic sacrificial lamb (Jim Prescott?) in the General Election.

March 2006: Day 4. 18 months between days 3 and 4. John Keeler becomes incapacitated, and Charles Logan succeeds to the presidency. Under the terms of the 25th Amendment, he nominates Hal Gardner to become Vice President.

September 2007: Day 5. 18 months between days 4 and 5. Charles Logan resigns and Hal Gardner succeeds to the presidency.

November 2008: Democrat Wayne Palmer defeats Hal Gardner in the General election.

June 2009: Day 6. Wayne Palmer becomes incapacitated and Noah Daniels succeeds to the presidency.

November 2012: Republican Allison Taylor defeats Noah Daniels in the general election.

January 2013: 24: Redemption. Inauguration Day.

These dates could all be moved up four years. Technically, they might have to, because by season 2 Palmer has the Dept. of Homeland Security which wasn't established until after 9/11.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #370
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

There is no time line with Jack Bauer... only a list of days he has already eliminated.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #371
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

that one takes the cake.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #372
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This Sunday.

Set your DVRs....Because oh yeah, it's Monday as well. 2 hours each night.

That's right. They're trying to monopolize your life for 2 days with this thing if you want to be in.

Small snippet...
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/941/941400p1.html

Quote:
US, January 5, 2009 - Advance Review: The first two hours of 24's Day 7, airing this Sunday, January 11, at 8pm ET/PT, prove to be a solid start to a seventh season. November's TV movie, 24: Redemption, had more than its fair share of cheesy dialogue and awkward moments, but made up for it all with some great action sequences. "Day 7: 8:00 A.M. - 9:00 A.M./9:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.," on the other hand, has a bit less action but feels much more solid and well put together. We're not forced to watch Jack try to bond with orphaned children and instead see him inserted fairly quickly into investigating a major domestic terrorist threat.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #373
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Time to set the DVR...I'll be out of town, enjoying the sites and sounds of NY!!!

I'm sure I'll be hooked by the time I get back.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack bauer pwns yer face