Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #41
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

24 is the best show on tv. I have watched it since inception. The producers got their start making La Femme Nakita, which was an awesome show. That show had the most cold-blooded twists. Too bad it was on USA network where it didn't get the audience it deserved.

The only thing on tv right now that is even close to 24 is Entourage. For those who haven't seen any Entourage, you need to see it in sequential order just as 24.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

speechless after tonights 2 hours

Just in case you needed a reminder, There is nothing this show won't do. and they're just getting started.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #43
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

U2, if you aren't the least bit intrigued after that..then it is time for a physical. But we will understand if it is not your kind of show.

Flaco, I am with you. I really don't know what to say about alot of things. I just hope the majority weren't trying to watch the Golden Globes because tonight you had to be watching 24...

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-15-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #44
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

I barely started watchin 24 last night and tonight. And Im hooked. Should I start from season 1, or does it not really matter?
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM   #45
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Welcome aboard, FreakNasty...(great name by the way).. You can start watching the other seasons while you go through D-6. It won't matter but you will appreciate alot more what Jack has been through when you watch him in the current season.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #46
Nemesis
Diamond Member

On reflection, I have many questions about the way things turned out and the different circumstances in which caused them. But, this is a television show that is just flat out entertaining. I look at it in the way I look at Star Wars. I think that is the best way because obviously things don't happen quite this way in reality.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you're that kid, do you just kneel and turn around like that weak-kneed guy tells you to?

I couldn't figure that out. He was close to stabbing him at one point, and now he's just gonna kneel down and die??
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If you're that kid, do you just kneel and turn around like that weak-kneed guy tells you to?

I couldn't figure that out. He was close to stabbing him at one point, and now he's just gonna kneel down and die??
I wonder how numb youd really be, if you could think of it like that.
you're gonna die anyway, might as well do something?
Old 01-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #49
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg

Agreed. Like last year. There are questionable flaws/parts. But, I still defend this show as the best on T.V. I don't have HBO so I can't argue w/ anyone on that.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there are questionable parts.. But in reality, people do questionable things all the time.. People make wrong decisions.. People do things that make you say 'huh'? or make you think 'I wouldn't do that'.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #51
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Of course there are questionable parts.. But in reality, people do questionable things all the time.. People make wrong decisions.. People do things that make you say 'huh'? or make you think 'I wouldn't do that'.
point taken.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Or, perhaps his plan was to kneel down and then try and make his move just before he thought he was going to shoot. ...or, he might not have believed that he'd really shoot him if he just did what he said. You know, there's a chance that the more the kid DIDN'T do what Ahmed said, it might have made it more likely that he actually did get shot.

There's really just know way to know what's going through his head...either of their head. The kid might have been betting that Ahmed really wouldn't do it.. that deep down he really liked him. Remember, they had been friends. Perhaps the kid thought that somewhere deep down, that old friendship would win out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #53
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Also, he told him originally, "if you do what I say, you won't get hurt"
Old 01-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So what time is the show going to be on regularly, now?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #55
Nemesis
Diamond Member

9/8C
Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #56
Nemesis
Diamond Member

After Prison Break..yuck
Old 01-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #57
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

same time as Heroes. Double Yuck.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

crap.

double crap.

Looks like Heroes is going on the DVR. I love Heroes a lot, but I love 24 move.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #59
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

By the way..... my thoughts on this show are this.... the first 3:55 minutes I was kind of blah.... this is just a stupid drama show and Jack comes in and saves the day... yee haw...

Then that last 5 minutes happened, I actually couldn't believe it. That doesn't happen... you don't kill Americans on an American drama.... that's not what all the screen writers go by...

I feel like I'm hooked. Well, enough to keep watching. If it returns to the first 3:55 it will be short lived for me. But it's looking promising. I was pumped up after that final 5 minutes.

One thing that I can't get out of my head though.... If Jack was really that close to the detonation he will be suffering from radiation poison. I guess it could be a couple of seasons before he would die from it seeing as each season is one day... but still.

It was pretty hardcore. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I, too, watched for the first time this week. I caught only the third and fourth episodes. But after hearing all the hype all these years now, and watching those two shows, I'm hooked too!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #61
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

U2: Did you ever get a chance to read the studies on the bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki? Some of them talked about the amount of time it took for people within certain distances from the epicenter to begin to show the results of radiation exposure. I can't remember exact distance and timeframes from the study (read it about 7 or so yrs ago), but the cloud looked kind of small from Jack's position (IMO). Was that kid's house in Valencia (where the explosion happened) or LA? I don't remember if that was made clear.

Found this link just now:
http://www.atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp10.shtml

Last edited by Smiles; 01-17-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #62
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Valencia was 20 miles outside of L.A.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #63
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

20 miles? Are you talking about the edge of Valencia to the edge if LA? I think they're nearly 40 miles apart if your talking center to center.

Are you also confirming that the kid's house was in LA?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #64
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
By the way..... my thoughts on this show are this.... the first 3:55 minutes I was kind of blah.... this is just a stupid drama show and Jack comes in and saves the day... yee haw...

Then that last 5 minutes happened, I actually couldn't believe it. That doesn't happen... you don't kill Americans on an American drama.... that's not what all the screen writers go by...

I feel like I'm hooked. Well, enough to keep watching. If it returns to the first 3:55 it will be short lived for me. But it's looking promising. I was pumped up after that final 5 minutes.

One thing that I can't get out of my head though.... If Jack was really that close to the detonation he will be suffering from radiation poison. I guess it could be a couple of seasons before he would die from it seeing as each season is one day... but still.

It was pretty hardcore. Thanks for the recommendation.
U2, this reaction is understandable. Jack WAS at a point where he really didn't want to do this anymore. If you ever watch D-2, you will find the same kind of beginning for different reasons. The government has always treated him badly b/c of his unorthodox methods of handling situations, but President Palmer (not the current Palmer) almost always listened to Jack. This current President some how forgot or didn't know just how good Jack is at figuring shit out. Now he knows. Now Jack is back. Now it will be a whirlwind (probably not as emotional as that last five minutes you liked) to stop all these bombs and find out who is actually running the show. Most of us know but you won't b/c you missed last season. So, I think you will find it entertaining from here on out. Maybe not "pumped up" but you will get plenty of save the day and kicking the shit out of terrorists. Which for me, is all I want to see.

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-17-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #65
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
20 miles? Are you talking about the edge of Valencia to the edge if LA? I think they're nearly 40 miles apart if your talking center to center.

Are you also confirming that the kid's house was in LA?
They were at the kid's house..

And I just know what they said...20 miles to Valencia.. dont know about center to center.

Anyway, I have a big question. WTF is up with CTU being in L.A.? They didn't even seem to feel the shock.

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-17-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #66
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, according to that study you posted, Smiles... it depends on how severe his exposure is...

But worst case scenario: In two episode (2 hours) he would start vomiting. In Season 11 he would get diarrhea followed by a full season of vomiting in season 12... And then in Season 13 he would get inflamation of his mouth and throat. Season 14 would have him getting a fever (they could have a whole episode on his hunt for aspirin) followed by season 15's exciting rapid emaciation... and then the doom of him would come in season 16 when he finally dies.

But that is worst case scenario. The outlook for the show improves if he was only moderately poisoned... because he wouldn't get diarrhea until season 34 and his doom would be met all the way down in season 37.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-17-2007 at 05:58 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #67
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Thanks U2, I will be in my 60's when Jack finally dies. That makes Kieffer in his 70's which might effect his ability to kick ass.. But, Chuck is still doing it as a Texas Ranger/DodgeBall Committe Member. So maybe Kieffer can.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #68
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Thanks U2, I will be in my 60's when Jack finally dies. That makes Kieffer in his 70's which might effect his ability to kick ass.. But, Chuck is still doing it as a Texas Ranger/DodgeBall Committe Member. So maybe Kieffer can.
So you are giving him moderately poisoned.... I tend to agree... I guess we'll know for sure 2-3 weeks from now for sure.... so that's a quick payoff for finding out. Fox could do a product placement deal with Aleve...

"Aleve.... for that nuclear fallout headache."
Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #69
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Jack doesn't need Aleve. He just eats rocks and the occasional throat of a very random terrorist.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #70
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I just re-read my post and I said "for sure" twice in the same sentence.... odd

That throat bite was also hardcore. I felt certain that he was going to find a way out because, you know, he is the star and I've heard you guys talk about him being awesome.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #71
Nemesis
Diamond Member

"for sure" is underrated.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #72
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Something while we wait...hehe

The Rookie: CTU
Old 01-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #73
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Something while we wait...hehe

The Rookie: CTU
What the heck is that? A new show coming out? Or just something to create a bigger audience for 24? The rookie will be king after he takes care of business.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:45 PM   #74
Nemesis
Diamond Member

It's called a spoof... don't take it seriously
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #75
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Well, bump...

So Jack has a father AND a brother. Never would have thought it. I give this episode an A-. It kind of answered all the "WTF?" questions we had been pondering and brought some drama in as well. I can't wait to see what Jack does to his brother. It is not going to be pretty.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I can't believe that guy from season 5 is his brother.

I was wondering why we never found out his last name

Think President Logan is going to pop up here sometime?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #77
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Most definitely. It would also be nice to see what they did to him.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Little slow last night, but they got me really looking forward to next week.

What was the whole bit with that weasel dude at the white house and Karen? Why was it necessary to spend so much time with that?

Jacks little family reunion is getting very interesting however. And what are they setting up at CTU? something's brewing between all the analysts, and Milo is going to get himself into trouble.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #79
Nemesis
Diamond Member

My wife had the same opinion. I am on the other side. I feel this season is better than last. Anyway, there will be another mole somewhere! Either CTU or the white house. Flaco, remember the seasons before Palmer's wife died. There were always long drawn out drama going on that had nothing to do with Jack. It is just the show. It gives it flavor. They build up a character you want to just slap the shit out of.

Yes, I am also looking forward to the interactions b/w Jack and his Dad.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #80
Nemesis
Diamond Member

It's ridiculous that I have to bump this thread every week..

Tags
jack bauer pwns yer face