Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #41
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

It was funny, but not...intelligent humor like I like to see from The Office. That opening sequence was pretty hilarious, but a different brand of humor than what I like to see from this show.

Regardless, I liked it a lot more than the episode prior, which, along with "Did I Stutter?" (and almost all of Season 1, but I can forgive them for what was essentially a six-episode pilot) managed to be one of the only episodes to not make me laugh at least once.

Last edited by StackAttack; 10-18-2008 at 11:39 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2008, 09:40 AM   #42
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
It was funny, but not...intelligent humor like I like to see from The Office. That opening sequence was pretty hilarious, but a different brand of humor than what I like to see from this show.

Regardless, I liked it a lot more than the episode prior, which, along with "Did I Stutter?" (and almost all of Season 1, but I can forgive them for what was essentially a six-episode pilot) managed to be one of the only episodes to not make me laugh at least once.

I think the writers feel like they need to throw in a more serious episode now and then, and this was one of them. I guess to keep the story line and the character development moving, they have to do it once in a while, and I'm ok with them cramming alot of it into one episode, rather than mucking up all the other ones.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #43
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I thought it was on the weak side last night. That stuff with Jan was weird, and with Michael and the baby... I think it's time to be done with Jan on the show for a while, but sadly I don't think that's going to happen.

I've heard that Holly is not a permanent member of the cast, so I don't know what's going to happen with that.
I'm in agreement about Jan. Honestly I couldn't help but think when I was watching the last episode, how much better I liked Jan back when she was Michael's boss and he was making awkward and inappropriate passes at her in the workplace. When I watched Seasons 2 and 3 months ago, I thought some of the most lulzy parts had to with the interaction between Jan and Michael. However once she went over the deep end after getting fired, her character just hasn't done anything for me. I agree, I'm ready to see Jan's character go bye-bye for a while.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Best "That's-what-she-said" ever last night?

"This gavel...It squeaks when you bang it"
Old 10-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Michael and that chick together...

it feels like they're reaching to find stories these days.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 10-24-2008 at 12:36 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #46
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I really like Michael and that chick together...

it feels like they're reaching to find stories these days.
Yeah, I have to say the storylines aren't quite what they were a few seasons ago. But with that being said, the show still consistently gives me laughs. I thought this last week's episode was a pretty strong one in that regard.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #47
FINtastic
Diamond Member

My guess is that the last scene with Wallace is kind of hinting how they plan on writing Holly off the show, which is sad because I do like what she's brought to the table so far.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #48
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i hate the office now. it sucks
the first 3 seasons were good. now they are out of steam.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #49
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with the show at all. They are bringing the funny every week as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #50
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what a show

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
i hate the office now. it sucks
the first 3 seasons were good. now they are out of steam.
couldn't disagree more.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #52
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
couldn't disagree more.
couldn't agree more.

http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

Michael Scott would buy this so fast...and he won't burn his feet in the morning either!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #53
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I know we had a busy night last night, but did anyone get a chance to watch?

That scene with Dwight and Andy doing the interview last night was so great. Everything with Dwight and Andy is greatness as a matter of fact.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #54
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

the halloween costumes were greatness..and i'm shocked to see holly leave so soon.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #55
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Creed's Joker was hysterical.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #56
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

The Blues scene in the car with Micheal and Daryll was one of the best things I've seen on TV in quite some time.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #57
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Creed's Joker was hysterical.
I thought the fact that half the office dressed up as Joker was greatness.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #58
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I thought the fact that half the office dressed up as Joker was greatness.
The worst part is that's how Halloween actually was this year. Sweet Christ.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #59
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That's why it was funny =]

Contact Me
Old 11-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #60
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Another great episode last night, oh btw. This show is really bringing it this year...except for the baby shower episode, that was dumb.

Angela's continued tragic manipulation of Andy and the wedding is getting better and better...they're building towards the end of the season right? I think they're actually going to get to the wedding day before she breaks it off, or Andy finds her with Dwight.

The dwight vs jim fake sales call was great.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #61
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Very clever use of the toothin' to get Pam centrally into the episode. The "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID" moment was greatness.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #62
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
The worst part is that's how Halloween actually was this year. Sweet Christ.
lol, like alby said, that was the genius of that bit.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-08-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:21 AM   #63
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Another great episode last night, oh btw. This show is really bringing it this year...except for the baby shower episode, that was dumb.

Angela's continued tragic manipulation of Andy and the wedding is getting better and better...they're building towards the end of the season right? I think they're actually going to get to the wedding day before she breaks it off, or Andy finds her with Dwight.

The dwight vs jim fake sales call was great.
I defintely agree. They've rebounded from a somewhat shaky (by their standards) season 4, and have been pretty consistently bringing the funny all this season. I think it helps that they've toned down some of the wild stuff (like all the "field trips" they seemed to have last year), and have gotten back to the awkward office situations. This episode was another one that was very well done.

Btw, anyone else miss Todd Packer? I feel like we haven't seen that guy in forever. I always love seeing Michael's complete adoration for Packer, and Packer's indifference towards Michael.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #64
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I only caught a little of this last night, but I liked what I saw. I saw Andy and Oscar drunk dialing Angela, and Dwight was heard in the background. That was great.

I think I'll watch it at lunch if I can....you can watch these on the NBC web site, right?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #65
alby
Guru

"Are you drunk?"

"This is Andy Bernard!"

Contact Me
Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #66
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

my favorite part was Darrel walking to his car after he got the text message. he looked so happy
Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #67
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
my favorite part was Darrel walking to his car after he got the text message. he looked so happy
I didn't get that at first...I thought he was coming to beat the other dude up. But now I realize he was glad to be free.

That comedian who plays Darrel is a genius by the way.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #68
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I read that the actor/writer who does Ryan has been cast to be in some Tarantino movie, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave the show again for a while again, at least on camera.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #69
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Favorite lines from last night

Dwight: "I love catching people in the act, that's why I always whip open doors"

Dwight: "I framed a raccoon for opening a Christmas present, and I framed a bear for eating out of the garbage"

And Michael paying 500 dollars for Caprese salad thinking it was weed?

And Creed "just pretend we're talking until the cops leave"
Old 11-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #70
FINtastic
Diamond Member

l loved the talking head at the end where Dwight was talking about his perfect crime. Just classic Dwight.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #71
sike
The Preacha

Really enjoyed last night's episode....buying a chick a house she hasn't agreed to and she loves it? I didn't know The Office was also a fantasy show...

Old 11-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #72
alby
Guru

For sure the best moment last night was the perfect crime bit haha

Contact Me
Old 11-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #73
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Speaking of Dwight talking heads, I saw this deleted scene with Dwight talking about if he were JFK. Enjoy:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/...-three/821583/

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #74
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really enjoyed last night's episode....buying a chick a house she hasn't agreed to and she loves it? I didn't know The Office was also a fantasy show...
Well, i like what they're doing with Jim and Pam. they're having a healthy relationship, which you NEVER see on TV. It's always about one person getting jealous, or growing apart, etc. They've thrown us curveballs to make us think that stuff was happening (the day where they weren't connecting, the dude coming in and trying to convince Pam to stay in NY), but in the end, it always goes back to how they're really meant for each other.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #75
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Well, i like what they're doing with Jim and Pam. they're having a healthy relationship, which you NEVER see on TV. It's always about one person getting jealous, or growing apart, etc. They've thrown us curveballs to make us think that stuff was happening (the day where they weren't connecting, the dude coming in and trying to convince Pam to stay in NY), but in the end, it always goes back to how they're really meant for each other.
Pam will end up with Kevin...book it.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #76
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Pam will end up with Kevin...book it.
I don't know, Kevin may have already had a kid with another character...

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/...ip-one/768483/

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-22-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #77
alby
Guru

^ lol!

Contact Me
Old 12-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So Dwight surreptitiously marries Angela while simultaneously winning her back, but then it pisses her off and she goes the other way back to Andy, all while Andy doesn't realize anything has happened. Genius.

And Michael says "I have swallowed all your ideas. I'm going to digest them and see what comes out the other end."
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #79
sike
The Preacha

Steve Carrell has crafted an absolutely brilliant character in Michael...

Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #80
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
So Dwight surreptitiously marries Angela while simultaneously winning her back, but then it pisses her off and she goes the other way back to Andy, all while Andy doesn't realize anything has happened. Genius.
In fact, I bet Andy was pretty thrilled with the way the last few days went because he ended up getting farther with Angela than he's ever gotten.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson