Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-04-2002, 11:55 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

3 - Dale Murphy's number, my baseball number, A-Rod's number, Dirk's favorite shot, threesome..... enough said
1 - it's always best to be #1 at something. #1 simply stands for being the best. 1 is also representative of self sufficient. this isn't always a good thing, but not always bad. Everyone knows that i watch alot of movies and most of them are by myself, so... put it all together on your own
7 - gotta love this number if you're a gambler. Lucky 7's. seven days a week. Seven Spanish Angels.
0 - the number itself is more or less just a placeholder. It's kinda a spare number by itself. However, if you can place alot of zeros together preceeded by a 1, that's usually pretty good for your checking account
9 - 3x3=9
5 - five players on a basketball court. A detractor is that i have to work 5 days a week. Rosey and her friends.
8 - Remember those little racetracks you used to get when you were young? I always thought they were cool plus most were shaped like the figure 8. A detractor is that I have to work 8 hours a day. This kinda sucks. 8 is passed tense for eat. I like eating. No, get your head out of the gutter
6 - Sounds like sex when foreign women say it. That's the only thing that keeps this spare ass number from being dead last
2 - Two. What's good about the number 2? Well, i can think of a few things. A woman has two breasts. I played doubles in tennis competitively for 8 years. Twins are always twice as nice. Other than that, it's pretty much a spare number
4 - It's what you say when you hit a bad golf shot. Foreplay, it's the unnecessary b.s. before the good stuff happens. Foreskin, well, it gets chopped off when you're a baybe so it must be kinda spare.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2002, 11:57 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that is one thread I never expected....lol
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:18 AM   #3
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Two is usually better than one.

Three is trouble. But sometimes it brings out the best when one is added to two.

Seven - I've always liked it, but I'm not sure why.

Four is square.

Six and nine are hip.

That's all for now.

DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:24 AM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

You're a mess tonight! Lay off the run and coke.

"They are one person
They are two alone
They are three together
They are for (4) each other..." (Crosby, Stills, and Nash)

the Who:
"One is the loneliest number..." (remember the rest?)
Old 05-05-2002, 02:55 AM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< the Who:
&quot;One is the loneliest number...&quot; (remember the rest?)
>>

I thought that was Three Dog Night? Am I smoking crack

for the record:
1. 9
2. 7
3. 3

1, 2, 4, and 5 are aiiiiight.
0, 6, and 8 suck.

Don't know why really. 9 was always my number in various sports other than during-school basketball, where the UIL requires every digit to be below 5. 7 is spiritual and stuff, and 3 is just 3. The rest, I can't really explain. It's a vibe thing.

Maybe we should start an old jersey number thread. See how many of us sheep fought over 23, 32, 33, and 34 as children [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yes, I was one of 'em.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 11:02 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I've seen this bit before.... Junior Miller rated the numbers on The Ricket last week.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 03:04 PM   #7
DTL
Diamond Member

Five blocks in a half is awesome! (Ben Wallace, first half of Celts-Pistons Game 1)
Old 05-05-2002, 04:00 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

It is Three Dog Night.....

7 has always been my favorite number.

3 is good if you are dating Swedish twins.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 04:18 PM   #9
DTL
Diamond Member

<< 3 is good if you are dating Swedish twins.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] >>

Personal experience, Doc? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

only in my dreams...LOL!
Old 05-05-2002, 05:40 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah madape, that's where i got it.. i thought it would be good for the rest of the board to be able to put in their opinion
Old 05-05-2002, 05:50 PM   #12
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And I shouldn't even have to say whose backs those numbers are on...
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 07:25 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

dirk
tony d
emmitt
Old 05-05-2002, 09:29 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

you weren't supposed to say...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2002, 07:10 PM   #15
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

2 out of 3, Murph... on one of those ya chose the wrong sport.....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 12:44 AM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< It is Three Dog Night.....

7 has always been my favorite number.

3 is good if you are dating Swedish twins.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

I was wrong. oops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2002, 01:02 AM   #17
DTL
Diamond Member

Five again. Five blocks is sweet.
Old 05-07-2002, 01:12 AM   #18
Smiles
Diamond Member

I glanced at this thread, and then thought about it during my flight. This idea to rate numbers has never occured to me, so I needed to be in a creative environment. By the way all you writers (eh-hem, MFF), airports and air planes super-great places to work.

I like all of the these numbers, so I'll put the first few in order and then list the rest in no particular order. But they're all great.

#4: A dominant part of all my favorite numbers including my lucky #44 (no, not because of Bradely), #41, #4, &amp; #45 (because the farmboy has great hair and &quot;has not yet begun to fight!&quot. Also, foreign: implies adventure and discovery; Fortune indicates freedom of financial constraints; forever is just a beautiful word when combined with love; formulas are really cool (i love math and numbers).

#0: Math is magical and this number has the power to inflict pain and pleasure. It can wipe out an equation in one blow. It can send you to the moon, or leave you motionless.

#8: I've heard that in a spiritual sense 8 stands for &quot;new beginnings.&quot; I'm always game for a new beginning whether it's taking off across the country, to another country, or to a new job! It you turn it 90 degrees, you have infinity. A line from a favorite poem: &quot;Hold infinity in the palm of your hand &amp; eternity in an hour.&quot; Now that's euphoria, and I've experienced that.

#7: Also heard this one stands for &quot;perfection&quot; to the spiritually minded. It's super-cool if you put a dash through it like the Germans!

#1: First place! &quot;There's only 1 number 1!&quot;
One life to live.
One love for life.

#2: Because 2 can become 1.

#9: Because you're one step from a perfect 10 giving you the satisfaction of some accomplishment while igniting your drive to take yourself to the next level.

#3 It embodies all the mystery and wonder of the trinity - which represents all that I still have to discover spiritually and about God, and why I am on this earth, at this time, in this place.

#6: My highly developed sixth sense. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

#5: FIVE GOLDEN RINGS!!

&amp; a partridge in a pear tree.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

bump... yes, I'm bored.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #20
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
<< the Who:
&quot;One is the loneliest number...&quot; (remember the rest?)
>>

I thought that was Three Dog Night? Am I smoking crack

for the record:
1. 9
2. 7
3. 3
no fractions! Geez. I knew the nerd quotient on this board is high, but that's ridiculous.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #21
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

"My favorite number is 4 billion. That's not good if you're a gambler:

'Come on 4 billion, come on 4 billion..... 7..... sh*t! I'm going to need more dice.... like 4 billion divided by 6, at least.'"
Old 11-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Zero deserves mad props. The list should look something like this:

5 (at least it's prime)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote