Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you just got bought out then we may have a roster spot for you!

Bought out or waived:
Leon Powe

Likely to be bought out:

Troy Murphy
T.J. Ford
Jared Jeffries
Jason Kapono
Darius Songalia

Possible:

Mike Bibby
Joel Przybilla

Can't hurt to fill that open spot. Troy Murphy is linked with the Celtics although he officially hasn't made a decision yet. Ford and Bibby were mentioned by Followill earlier today to give Kidd additional rest before the playoffs while Songalia and Kapono could fill needs in the frontcourt.

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-24-2011 at 07:50 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'd bet Murphy and Kapono will go to Miami, Boston, LA, or Orlando. The others may be on the table for us.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I think Bibby is gonna ring chase with the Heat, I wouldn't be surprised if Kapono went to the Lakers or Celtics.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

TJ Ford or Bibby....any vet PG that can get Kidd some rest

Peja has made me eat crow so far....I am confident that he can hold down the starting SF position

Last edited by Mav Addict; 02-24-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Followill just brought up a good name to keep track of further down the road...

Sasha Pavlovic.

If you can't get a PG or C, why not?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm picking up someone else i'm probably going for a real shut down defensive guy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Bibby? For real? Haven't followed the hawks for a while but has he really been THAT bad?

EDIT:

Whoops, didn't realize he was with the Wizards now.

Last edited by jcm28; 02-24-2011 at 08:15 PM.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If I'm picking up someone else i'm probably going for a real shut down defensive guy.
That'd be Jeffries. At least of that group
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take Bibby any day. Not afraid to take a clutch shot. Experienced in the playoffs. If one of the PG's go down you have insurance.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
That'd be Jeffries. At least of that group
Looks like Jeffries is going to sign with the Knicks tomorrow.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

i heard this deron guy is unhappy and doesnt wanna play in NJ, maybe we have a shot
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

It should be "fun" to see Deron Williams and his state of mind on a losing team with Avery as his coach. Sounds like trouble in the making. Whether we have a chance or not to land him probably depends on what other teams would be willing to offer. I bet it would be a whole lot and thus difficult for us...

Last edited by dalger; 02-24-2011 at 09:32 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

I'll take Pryzbilla please
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
It should be "fun" to see Deron Williams and his state of mind on a losing team with Avery as his coach. Sounds like trouble in the making. Whether we have a chance or not to land him probably depends on what other teams would be willing to offer. I bet it would be a whole lot and thus difficult for us...
I can just hear it now...

Avery says to Deron..."play harder", "play like me"... Deron looks at the little squirt while thinking of Jerry Sloan and ..."what the heck is THIS?". I go from a guy who has forgotten more about basketball than this squirt...sheesh....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #15
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Avery says to Deron..."play harder", "play like me"... Deron looks at the little squirt while thinking of Jerry Sloan and ..."what the heck is THIS?". I go from a guy who has forgotten more about basketball than this squirt...sheesh....

^^^

Haha I was thinking bout this today. How Avery will try to tell Williams how to play like he tried with Kidd...when he is not even half the player they are/were. That wouldn't be a problem though if he didnt have such a huge ego and some serious issues, but its gonna be almost fun to watch. I bet hes gone next year
Old 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Man, it's a disaster waiting to happen haha.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #17
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Bibby knows JET and Peja... pick him up!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #18
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Bibby would be a great pick up.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

deron isn't even relevant anymore. the nets aren't contenders, and he'll be fishing during the playoffs this year. the nets have no chance of making any kind of run in the forseeable future.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #20
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Jeffries, Bibby, and Powe I like

Bibby is still under contract for next year I believe so I am not sure they buy him out
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:27 AM   #21
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love Joel, but we don't need him.

Murphy would be great to force Card out of any minutes, but he won't come here.

Bibby would be nice as well.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to imagine anyone of any real use coming here, as deep as this roster is.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #23
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if Bruce Bowen would come out of retirement and chase a ring with the Mavs?

Solid 2-3 defender who can hit the open 3. Much like Stevenson. To round out the team, I wouldn't mind them getting another player that can guard the Ginobili, Mamba, LBJ/DWade, Ray/Pierce types.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #24
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I still think we can use a Marion-lite (defensively capable, can run, points in paint) as I feel we only have one capable defender at the forward positions.

None of those guys fit the bill.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

yea..i would like to see a sf defender.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #26
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i hate bowen.he sucks.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #27
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.csnne.com/02/25/11/Leon-P...23&feedID=3352

Quote:
As the Celtics dealt away Kendrick Perkins and Semih Erden on the trade deadline, another big man became available on the free-agent market.

Former Celtic Leon Powe was waived by the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday, ending his two-year stint with the team. Powe appeared in just 34 games for the Cavs since signing with the team in 2009.

Now he is looking to help another organization win, just as he did with the Celtics in 2008. While Powe is exploring all of his options as a free agent, he would be open to returning to the C’s.

"I’ll be happy wherever I end up, but Boston is always holding a special place in my heart," Powe told CSNNE.com on Thursday evening. "The fans were so good to me, everybody up there was so nice, and it would be a great thing to return back to the Celtics if I could."

Powe, a 6-foot-8, 240-pound forward, is a player the Celtics may have interest in reaching out to as they fill out their roster, with two spots currently available.

The Celtics traded five players on Thursday and acquired Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic from the Oklahoma City Thunder. They also signed Chris Johnson (Dakota Wizards, NBA Development League) to a 10-day contract. The Celtics are still, however, without the injured Jermaine O’Neal and Shaquille O’Neal.

Powe believes he can be a contributor on any team looking to win it all.

"I love to play defense," he said. "I can get some scoring, rebounding, and some extra toughness. That’s my type of game. I think every team could use that, but we’ll see what happens from here on out."

In his three years with the C’s, he was known for his hustle, defensive-focus, and "do-whatever-it-takes-to-win" mentality. Even though Powe was part of a losing team this season, he has not lost his winning attitude. He stresses the importance of cherishing the moment and putting his best foot forward every game.

"I think I can help a team reach their goals and try to win a championship," he said. "I think that’d be a good fit for me because I don’t have to play 40, 45 minutes. If I needed to I could, but I don’t have to do that. I can come in, fill in some spots, and just be solid. I’m just looking for that opportunity to try to get that done."

As Powe awaits to see where the remainder of the season will take him, he is thankful for all of the encouragement and support he receives. He may have left Boston in 2009, but he is still very much on the minds of Celtics fans.

"They still support me and appreciate what I did back then, helping the team out, being a good sport, doing good community work, never complaining," he said. "I think they appreciate that and the hard work, and I really appreciate them too."
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #28
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Bibby would be good.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #29
j0Shi
Diamond Member

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...yssey=nav|head

Quote:
The inability to pull off the trade means the Pacers will finish the season with their current roster, with the likely exception of point guard T.J. Ford. The Pacers plan to start negotiating a buyout with Ford to give him a chance to sign with a playoff-contending team before Tuesday's deadline.

"I think I'm going to get an opportunity very soon," Ford said. "I knew coming into the season my time here was going to be short, and I felt this move was most likely to happen."

Portland, Miami and New York are expected to have interest in Ford. He said he will agree to a buyout only if he knows a team will sign him and he will be able to make up the money he would lose in a buyout.

"If not, I'll be a Pacer the rest of the season," Ford said.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #30
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

TJ is shit
Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #31
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Else one no need we.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I like Leon Powe, but that's about it. Barea is better than Bibby these days.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The feeling is Portland and Ford are a fit, especially since Portland lost out on Harris.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #34
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Unless Caron's chances of making it back for the playoffs are a lot better than I'm inclined to allow myself to believe, sign me up for Sasha.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Unless Caron's chances of making it back for the playoffs are a lot better than I'm inclined to allow myself to believe, sign me up for Sasha.
He made a great impression on the players, Carlisle clearly liked him as well. It makes sense to me. NOLA didn't retain him for a second 10-day so he's still available...

Carlisle was asked about Mike Bibby since he's a player that was traded to Washington and the Mavs are about to play Washington. Player of interest since he could be bought out, Rick said, "He's one of the best three-point shoots ever. He's a real crafty, veteran guy that's been a winner in this league. He will help (Washington)."
Old 02-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #36
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Marc J. Spears Wizards and new guard Mike Bibby are discussing a possible buyout, a source told Y! Sports. 2 hours ago
Old 02-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #37
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

If Bibby gets bought out he'd probably be the best player to end up on the market. Doesn't seem like a fit in Dallas, but I'd still sign him if he was interested, for no other reason than it would mean he wasn't in Miami, where he'd fit quite well, I'm sorry to say.

Sasha's not in the same class, but he's a fit offensively and he would give Dallas another wing defender with size off the bench, which they could use.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #38
JeffViggiano
Banned

i think bibby would go to miami or boston...not big D.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #39
mavs777
Diamond Member

I think Murphy is better than Bibby. Bibby is a great three point shooter right now but he isn't much else. But your point stands
Old 02-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #40
JeffViggiano
Banned

murphy is the best dirk-backup free,but he will goes to boston or miami like bibby.