Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future
Default Hill's pick likely by end of week

Hill's pick likely by end of week
Paul Coro

The Arizona Republic
Jul. 3, 2007 10:23 PM

And now the Suns wait.

After hearing Phoenix's recruiting pitch Tuesday, free agent Grant Hill is expected to make his choice known by the end of the week.

Hill passed on tours and in-home visits and settled for phone calls with his suitors. Phoenix General Manager Steve Kerrgot the last word of the interested teams.

Hill also is considering Detroit, San Antonio, Miami and a surprise - Dallas. Hill was born and lived a portion of his boyhood in Dallas, where his father, Calvin, played six years for the NFL's Cowboys.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is a longtime Hill fan, and his team was hoping to get point guard help. Hill is a wing player but can run an offense, which is part of the attraction for Phoenix to have another facilitator besides Steve Nashand Boris Diaw.

Many in the league consider Phoenix the favorite, but Detroit is a strong possibility because of Hill's friendship with ex-teammate and Pistons President Joe Dumars.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...unsnb0704.html

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

If he's healthy, Hill can run the offense or provide minutes at the 2 and 3, and can defend both those positions as well. I like the idea of giving him a shot, limiting his minutes early on to ensure his health come playoff time--provided he's not looking for us to break any banks.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I definitely agree with bobatundi. I think Hill would be able to provide good help for the Mavs. If we land him, great. If not, I know the Mavs will add a big piece this offseason so.. we'll just wait and see. For now..

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

hill and stack off the bench would be tremendous!
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL
hill and stack off the bench would be tremendous!
Or maybe Terry and Stack off the bench with Hill starting at SF and Howard starting at SG. That'd be some nice height on the perimeter to wield against teams that are big at SG and SF like HOU with McGrady and Battier, and Hill is a pretty good ball-handler and maybe on occasion he could bring the ball up and assume point-forward duties.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I like his basketball IQ, leadership and character qualities.

do it.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote