Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I think Aminu fits much better with this team and I think he would be producing even better numbers with this team and RC. We should hvae kept him anyway if it was possible.

I wouldn't mind trading Parson for Aminu and if they have someone they want to get rid of....but I don't see them doing that.
Probably sound like a broken record but Mavs should make these 2 trades:

Trade 1: Parsons/Mejri for Noah/McDermott
Trade 2: Felton/Evans for Aminu

DWill/Barea
Matthews/Harris/Jenkins
Aminu/McDermott/Anderson
Dirk/Powell/CV
Zaza/Noah/McGee

We get tremendously better at defense and rebounding with plenty of offensive fire power.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-09-2016 at 04:38 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Probably sound like a broken record but Mavs should make these 2 trades:

Trade 1: Parsons/Mejri for Noah/McDermott
Trade 2: Felton/Evans for Aminu

DWill/Barea
Matthews/Harris/Jenkins
Aminu/McDermott/Anderson
Dirk/Powell/CV
Zaza/Noah/McGee

We get tremendously better at defense and rebounding with plenty of offensive fire power.
In this case, why not to trade Parsons for Durant? Unless you can actually make a good argument why Portland would ever consider taking in Felton and Evans, who is even 1 year older than Parsons, and give up Aminu who can still develop.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

We should have never give up on Aminu because he fits so well. I know the $$ was not there but man he would look good with this squad and get plenty of easy baskets with great D.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
In this case, why not to trade Parsons for Durant? Unless you can actually make a good argument why Portland would ever consider taking in Felton and Evans, who is even 1 year older than Parsons, and give up Aminu who can still develop.
I thought Aminu wasn't working out there and if that is the case they'd get two expiring contracts to move on from the commitment.
I don't see any huge upside in Aminu but if they want to develop then make it Felton/Anderson for Aminu.

With all do respect I tend to disagree that Aminu has anywhere near Durant potential

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-10-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
With all do respect I tend to disagree that Aminu has anywhere near Durant potential
I used Durant reference only to describe how realistic Felton/Evans for Aminu sounded. I don't think Anderson sweetens the deal much. I imagine they could be much more interested in Powell.

Quick search on Aminu not settling well in Portland netted for me this: http://hoopshabit.com/2015/12/22/por...t-fit-blazers/
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I used Durant reference only to describe how realistic Felton/Evans for Aminu sounded. I don't think Anderson sweetens the deal much. I imagine they could be much more interested in Powell.

Quick search on Aminu not settling well in Portland netted for me this: http://hoopshabit.com/2015/12/22/por...t-fit-blazers/
My bad then....Harp just mentioned he wasn't fitting in well when we played them last but maybe things have changed. I don't recall him doing much against us in that game though.