Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tracy McGrady claims 5% of NBA is gay

Tracy McGrady claims 5% of NBA is gay

September 12, 2003 -- THE Orlando Magic's Tracy McGrady claims 5 percent of NBA players are gay. While he doesn't include himself in that group, he's witnessed gay behavior, he tells Stuff magazine. Almost as upsetting to him, team management didn't consult him before signing power forward Juwan Howard. "I didn't have a clue about it, which I think is crazy, because I should know all the moves they make if I'm the key guy for this team. I'm thinking I should have been the first to know," says McGrady.

NY Post Link
Old 09-13-2003, 04:17 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I read this I think yesterday or the day before. T-Mac should just keep his mouth shut. These last couple of months he has said some very idiotic things that makes you question does this guy even think before he talks. I will never get off of him thinking the Pistons series was over with after 5 games.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:20 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I guess T-Mac thinks Juwan is gay and doesn't want him in the locker room.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #4
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

This brings up a good question...which NBA players make up the 5 percent?
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
I guess T-Mac thinks Juwan is gay and doesn't want him in the locker room.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol

We know he's not gay. Let's not forget the herpes lawsuit. That was from a woman.

He did put his foot in his mouth in the Pistons series. Then he was laughing on the bench when they lost. Unbelievable talent, but he still has some maturing to do.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:33 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Tracy McGrady claims 5% of NBA is gay

Mc Grady should shut the hell up and play ball. He probably is doing this to get attention since all the attention was on kobe.

He is a great talent and actually a good person from what I hear. So, its better he does not tarnish his image to get attention.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:41 PM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I want to know important things, like what % of NBA players had acne as teenagers?
What % of the NBA wets the bed?
What % of NBA players own a Dixie Chicks record?
What % of NBA players pick their nose?
What % of NBA players pick other peoples noses?
How many players in the NBA have eaten icecream directly out of the icecream tub, and what % do
it on a regular basis.
What % of the NBA smokes crack?

Tracy..i'm waiting.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

There wasn't enough information there to judge under the context. I looked in the Stuff magazine for the complete story but I only found Stuff girls. *yummy*
Old 09-13-2003, 07:06 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to orlandosentinal.com. There's more information on both quotes.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:12 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

When T-Mac talks, people listen

By Brian Schmitz | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted September 13, 2003

Orlando Magic guard Tracy McGrady is learning that just about any controversial issue a superstar addresses can end up in bold, sometimes bawdy, headlines.

McGrady recently told a "laddie" magazine for its November issue that he believes "5 percent" of NBA players are gay and added he had witnessed incidents of homosexual behavior.

Also in the interview, McGrady criticized Magic management for not involving him in the signing of free-agent forward Juwan Howard.

McGrady made his comments to Stuff magazine writer Bill Schulz, whose questions were far more raucous than McGrady's answers.

In a question-and-answer interview at McGrady's Isleworth mansion in July, Schulz asked McGrady, "Here's a pertinent question: How many homosexuals are currently playing in the NBA?"

"I think about 5 percent," McGrady said.

Schulz then said, " Wow. That's a huge amount for such a macho profession. Have you observed any specific incidents that allow you to make that statement?"

"Yeah," McGrady said.

Schulz went on to another subject when McGrady would not expand his answer. However, he did not include himself among the 5 percent.

McGrady could not be reached Friday for comment on the article. Magic General Manager John Gabriel would not comment.

Gabriel, however, did address McGrady's comments to the magazine about being kept out of the loop when the Magic signed Howard.

McGrady told Stuff, "To tell you the truth, I didn't know it until it hit the news. I didn't have a clue about it, which I think is crazy, because I should know all the moves they make if I'm the key guy for this team.

"You should involve me in everything. I'm finding out from friends that we signed Juwan Howard, and I'm thinking I should have been one of the first to know. I'm really happy to have him on the team, though. He's going to contribute offensively and defensively. And he brings veteran leadership."

Said Gabriel, "I think we [the team and McGrady] had a grasp on the situation.

"I know we share the same goals of winning more each year," Gabriel said. "Our goal is his goal: To put the best team on the floor, and in particular, take as much pressure off him as we can. We did that with the signing of Howard."

Schulz said by phone from New York on Friday that McGrady made his comments to Stuff the day after the Magic signed Howard.

Schulz also asked McGrady about Kobe Bryant's sexual-assault case (McGrady did not want to comment), about smoking marijuana ("I don't smoke. . . . I know guys who smoke and then still go out and drop 30 points") and if he ever slept with an older woman (he nodded, writes Schulz).

Schulz then asked him another question laced with sexual innuendoes that McGrady basically dismissed.

Schulz said his Q & A with McGrady appears in November's issue, but a few excerpts from the interview appeared in a gossip column in Friday's New York Post. The Orlando Sentinel acquired an advance of the entire interview.

Schulz said the tenor of his magazine's interviews are designed to be jaunty, daring and funny. "That's pretty much par for the course. We get a lot of stuff out of them by asking funny, dorky questions. It ain't Newsweek," Schulz said.

"I tried to have fun with it. The guy [McGrady] was expressionless after I asked him something or he was two seconds away from hitting me. I couldn't tell.

"I'm hoping Tracy takes it with a sense of humor."

McGrady took heat earlier this summer for his comments about Bryant's case. His broad-based, innocuous quote, "If you're married, stick with your wife," was widely misconstrued as McGrady criticizing Bryant's lifestyle. McGrady, who made the comments in Orlando, went on a national ESPN radio show to clarify his comments.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:30 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Well, it seems he was trapped into the classic interview from a tricking writer.

The 5% was only to make a point. He can't know but he thinks there are some. Nothing relevant since it could be 5 or 10 or more in other activities.

And that point was not related with the Juwan Howard thing. Also here he only complains about not to have been informed -which wasn't a good position for a professional athlete, I agree- but he doesn't or didn't underestimate Juwan's signing.

He should mention who smoke and drop 30 points, though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Thanks, Evil and 2000.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:15 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
He should mention who smoke and drop 30 points, though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
My guess is that he plays for Portland.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:20 PM   #13
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Meh, no big deal, who really cares. Though, the idiot that asked the question should be shot; unless you're a gay magazine or something, for crying out loud don't ask such a stupid question.

Actually, if there's one person I think is gay its Vlade Diflop. Something about him...
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:19 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Does McGrady claim 5% of the NBA players as friends?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:02 AM   #15
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

What did canseco claimed fifty percent of major leaguers were on steroids, anyway he doesn't know. Im sure their are some but hell if I know.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:12 AM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
My guess is that one plays for Philly, and that there might be another one playing for the Kings.

My hope is that there isn't such a player on the Mavericks. But one never knows, do one.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 03:46 AM   #17
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
My guess is that one plays for Philly, and that there might be another one playing for the Kings.

My hope is that there isn't such a player on the Mavericks. But one never knows, do one.
Something tells me Beth Orten and smoke go together
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:09 PM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

personally i dont give a damn what the sexual orientation of a player is if he can get you 20 pts and 10 rebounds every night.

who cares if they are into chicks or into some or such stuff...

the only way it would bother me is if 5% of the league or any player was a member of nambla.

north american man boy loving association.

or if he was r. kelly.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:13 PM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

5% is only about a dozen guys, anyway. It's probably true or damn close.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:00 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

nambla?

un-freaking-believable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:01 AM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<u>REALLY?!</u>

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I sure hope Sturm and Drang doesn't catch wind of this.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:42 AM   #23
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
personally i dont give a damn what the sexual orientation of a player is if he can get you 20 pts and 10 rebounds every night.

who cares if they are into chicks or into some or such stuff...

the only way it would bother me is if 5% of the league or any player was a member of nambla.

north american man boy loving association.

Yeah, that NAMBLA's a lot worse than the National Association of Marlon Brando Look-Alikes... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]