Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-30-2003, 02:07 AM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default VINSANITY is back..

good to see him back..fully healthy and 39 points on 50% shooting

i still feel they need to get a little more help for him..it would've been great if they resigned voshon lenard
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2003, 02:13 AM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: VINSANITY is back..

Vince has taken a lot of heat, but he's a scoring machine when healthy. That's way I can't understand why people here get upset when they see Vince ranked over Finley. When Vince is healthy, it's not even close and Finley's really good.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:23 AM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:VINSANITY is back..

Yeah, that dude's something else.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:33 AM   #4
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

No matter how much people rag about his lack of heart, his subpar training, his ability to lead and willingness to win (myself included) We shouldn't forget that Vinsanity when he wants to be, is a phenomenal basketball player and one of the league's elite.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:41 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Is 39 points on 30 shots that impressive?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:48 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..it's good... is it extremely impressive?

Personally, when judging whether or not it's a great game from a scoring & shooting standpoint, I like to see a player average at least a point per attempt + a point for every FT attempt.... VC was close

but yeah, it was definitely a good game for VC
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:20 AM   #7
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

It's only one game... but it's good start. Toronto is a sleeper in the EC this year.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:26 AM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

If he attacks the basket he can be an elite guard if not hes mike finley.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:35 PM   #9
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Vince is an amazing talent that has been hurt most of last year and has also lost some focus. I hope he truly is back it will only add to the most exciting year in the NBA that I can remember.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:44 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Is 39 points on 30 shots that impressive?
right there with ya MFF! if you take freakin thirty shots...you better score 39......but he did, so he had a good game..a good game in which he took thirty shots WOW! any other player in the league does this and we screw him as a hog...its good to be vince....yeah, I know he does not have anyone else with him.......I still can't stand him though....is that ok..do I own him an apology?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:48 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

vince had a good game

39 points on 30 attempts isn't great but it's definitely good.

at least it's not 31 points on 29 shots like your average AI game
Old 10-30-2003, 04:56 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
vince had a good game

39 points on 30 attempts isn't great but it's definitely good.

at least it's not 31 points on 29 shots like your average AI game
Murph, this is only half of a good point: you are correct that is was a good game all things considered...not great...but good....but when AI does that thing that stupid fans love so much....31 on 29 that is not good...that is crap...lucky for AI only the both of us know it...or so it seems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-30-2003, 05:09 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Some interesting #'s on points per attempt. (just went and looked up a few of the top scorers in the game..this is career numbers).

Shaq - 1.452 points per shot
Dirk - 1.355 pps
Duncan - 1.339 pps
Kobe - 1.279 pps
TMac - 1.236 pps
VCarter - 1.205 pps
Garnett - 1.197 pps
AI - 1.184 pps
CWebb - 1.180 pps
Old 10-30-2003, 05:26 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Some interesting #'s on points per attempt. (just went and looked up a few of the top scorers in the game..this is career numbers).

Shaq - 1.452 points per shot
Dirk - 1.355 pps
Duncan - 1.339 pps
Kobe - 1.279 pps
TMac - 1.236 pps
VCarter - 1.205 pps
Garnett - 1.197 pps
AI - 1.184 pps
CWebb - 1.180 pps
good to see Dirk so high...surprised to see carter so close to Kobe and TMac...

great stats Murph....very insightful

Old 10-30-2003, 05:31 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Vince Carter has always been one of the better shooting 2 guards..

...i'll post some more stats later..adjust FG%..that kinda thing
Old 10-30-2003, 05:37 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Vince Carter has always been one of the better shooting 2 guards..

...i'll post some more stats later..adjust FG%..that kinda thing
good I'll want to see them....I never have really believed the hype...but he is still all "O".

Old 10-30-2003, 06:17 PM   #17
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to see vince playing well again. He was one of my favorite players when he was in college...Who couldn't like Jamison and Carter at UNC? so im glad hes back on top of his game and hopefully he can stay injury free.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:02 PM   #18
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

The thing about Vince is that he is easily the most athletic two guard in the air currently playing the game, if not ever. Can you recall any other player doing reverse 360s? His hangtime is just sick. And, I've never seen better dunks in any dunk contest than Vince can throw down...he puts everyday NBA players to shame. I hope he is back for good...the East will be a better conference with a healthy Vince.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:11 PM   #19
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Epitome22
No matter how much people rag about his lack of heart, his subpar training, his ability to lead and willingness to win (myself included) We shouldn't forget that Vinsanity when he wants to be, is a phenomenal basketball player and one of the league's elite.
Dominique Wilkins was a great basketball player too but he never got over the hump of making his teammates better. Vince is a premium player but not a team player.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:50 AM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: Epitome22
Dominique Wilkins was a great basketball player too but he never got over the hump of making his teammates better. Vince is a premium player but not a team player.
that is for certain Max....Vince seems to be a individual Star..you just kind of get the feeling that he would rather score 30 a game for his career and never win anything to speak of...than score 20 a game on a Champ!...just a feeling I get from watching him.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:01 AM   #21
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

As he gets older he will learn to sacrifice some of his numbers for the chance to win a championship. That is the typical life cycle of an NBA star, but like Wilkins example, most never get to realize that despite their unselfishness.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:08 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
As he gets older he will learn to sacrifice some of his numbers for the chance to win a championship. That is the typical life cycle of an NBA star, but like Wilkins example, most never get to realize that despite their unselfishness.
or he'll remain the selfish player he has always been...

either way.....he could go either way....

Old 10-31-2003, 10:12 AM   #23
kingrex
Platinum Member

He hasn't shown signs of changing at all. He may have mad skills, but until he changes his unselfishness it may never happen for him.