Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-15-2002, 07:31 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Here's Quincy's and Hutchinson's stats through 7 games each.

.........COMP..ATT..YDS..Com%..yds/att..TD..TD%..INT..FUMBLES..QB RATING
QUINCY...125...221..1465..56.6...6.6........7..... 3.2.....8.....3..............72.3.....
HUTCH....100...203..1238..49.3...6.1........6..... 3.0.....6......7..............66.1.....

Their stats are very similar, with Quincy leading the team to 3-4, and Hutch leading the team to 2-5. Dallas averaged 10.7 offensive points per game with Quincy, and 13.1 with Hutch.

This being said, isn't a bad sign that the QB Coslet wanted to play, the same one who took the place of the one they blammed for the offense sucking, has almost exactly the same stats, if not worse. How exactly do you know how good these QB's are with Coslet calling the plays? I know the O-line has sucked, but a lot of teams have lines that aren't great, but they don't suck it up like this. Let's hope Jerry cleans house this off-season. Campo, Coslet, Avezzano.......Let's make it a clean sweep. Along with a few of the scrubs who continue to get to wear the STAR on their helmet.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:05 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Campo, Coslet, and the rest of them need to go. We need a change. This game today was pathetic.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 08:23 PM   #3
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

CHorrible sucks, this guy wouldnt start on a high school team of mines. carters numbers are better than csucks, this guy is garbage
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 08:40 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

The sad part about it is Carter had no effective running game and Hutch did and Hutch's number still suck. I like Campo I am not sure if he is a good coach but as a person he seems like a nice guy to have. I am not sure if he can coach this squad though and I honestly don't think he should die from a heart attack because of this team. Hell bring JJ back atleast he will be the first coach since himself that we have that has actually had experience as a head coach in the NFL. This season was a fucking waste we didn't evaluate shit. We had a injured line how can u evaluate the running game or the qb or the recievers? Well I guess we know our o line sucks. Anyone know if Cuban likes NFL? Maybe he can bring some hope.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:09 AM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Dale Hansen's new mantra says it best: "I am not sure that Campo can coach this team. I'd like to see the Cowboy's get a new coach. But in the end, it doesn't matter who coaches this team."
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 04:19 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The coaches who interest me the most that might be available during the offseason are Norv Turner and Mike Holgrem. Both would be their own offensive coordinator so Coslet would be gone. The major problem with Turner is that the Boys would have YET ANOTHER offensive system to learn.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 01:16 AM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Cowlishaw Article

For those of you in favor of making the QB change, Cowlishaw has done a little comparison of the two after 7 games. Sometimes looks good isn't what always gets the job done. I was at the Mavs game tonight at Indiana watching Reggie and just thinking at what a marvelous career he has had. The guy has a pretty akward shooting form. However, he is going to go down as one of the best shooters of all time. Despite the fact that he had a below average handle, he will go down as one the really good guards of all time (no he won't be in anyone's top 10, but he is certainly pretty darn good). But my point is, that maybe didn't give Quincy much of a chance because we didn't think he looked right. He probably wasn't ever going to be as good to his sport as Reggie was in basketball, but that doesn't mean Quincy couldn't succeed.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:43 PM   #8
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

good read
Old 12-18-2002, 03:10 PM   #9
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

Good read & after seven games of comparison, here's my opinion for what it's worth:

Quincy may throw ugly duckling passes, but I'd rather have him at crunch time than Hutch, who just seems to get crunched all the time...
Old 12-18-2002, 08:25 PM   #10
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Chutch has the worst completion percentage in the league. Wasn't he suppose to be more accurate than Quincy? Chutch looks like a spare compared to QCar.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:35 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Chutch has the worst completion percentage in the league. Wasn't he suppose to be more accurate than Quincy? Chutch looks like a spare compared to QCar. >>

No if I understand correctly Cowboys expected him to score over 20 points a game for them lol. Good read by the way it seems that the guys in the NFL have good things to say about Quincy other then the Cowboys what a suprise.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 12:11 AM   #12
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Another thing coslet and campo are standing up for chutch by saying he has a bad o line, but quincy had a worse o line and he didnt defend him. If quincy would have stayed the starter the cowboys probably would be 8-8 and competing for a playoff spot.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 01:24 AM   #13
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

cpathetic is a spare #1mavsfan
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Ahh...mediocrity. And the 'Boys coulda been contenders.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 06:24 PM   #15
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

When Donkeys Fly !

Another lay down yesterday...totally pathetic front office, coach and many players. Pretty sad to see Emmitt humiliated. Friends who were at the game told me everyone was screaming for him to get the ball down in the red Zone...

And you wonder why Dallas is crazy for the Mavs and Stars.
I'll start paying attention the minute that Jerry is gone.