Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all
Default Peja says he will opt out of deal

Peja says he will opt out of deal

Stojakovic, acquired in Artest trade, likely to become free agent after this season

By Mike Wells
mike.wells@indystar.com

CHICAGO -- Indiana Pacers forward Peja Stojakovic said Tuesday that he'll probably opt out of the final year of his contract and become a free agent this summer.

"I have the option to do it, so that's something I'm probably going to do," he said before the game at Chicago.

Stojakovic, acquired from Sacramento for Ron Artest on Jan. 25, is scheduled to make $8.2 million next season. Pacers president Larry Bird said in January that the team wants to keep Stojakovic beyond this season.

"I've been after this kid for two years and I don't want him to be here for two weeks. . . . Hopefully he'll be in a Pacer uniform for a long time to come," Bird said during the news conference to introduce Stojakovic.

Stojakovic is averaging 19.0 points and making 39 percent of his 3-pointers in 31 games with the Pacers.

Stojakovic said he's interested in remaining with the Pacers.

"I said from the beginning that the Pacers are a great organization," he said. "(CEO) Donnie (Walsh) and Larry are great people. I believe this team has the potential."

(...)
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote