Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Larkin ranked 9th on the team's board, according to Cuban.
In a vacuum where the Mavs weren't trying to shed salary for Dwight, I wonder how many of those 8 guys ahead of him were even available at #13?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #42
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I don't believe for a second that he was the 9th rated player on their board. Then again, the Mavs probably have the absolute worst scouting and developmental program in the NBA. Now I like the young kid and hope he gets to stay a Mav and develop but it is very suspicious that the press conference has been pushed back so far. I feel bad for the kid to get drafted by such a goofball organization. By all accounts he is a great kid and a hard worker who no matter his ceiling will give it all he has and be a great teammate.

From what I can tell he reminds me most of Damon Stoudemire. I think that if he can be 1/2 as good as Damon then the pick will be alright. Still think it was a bad pick, but whatever. Mavs do all of these goofy machinations every year in the draft and usually do exactly the wrong thing.

Despite all the internet geniuses I read every day I still don't have a clue as to what Cuban is really up to. At this point, I am inclined to think that he is either on drugs or he is positioning the team to sell while paying lip service to winning and stringing the fans along. Nobody, takes a championship level squad with players in their prime and strip it down like they did. It really appears that all he has done is slash salaries to recoup his losses.

I think the whole argument most people make on these boards defending them about positioning for free agents is extremely weak and extremely sketchy. The thought that an "elite" free agent would forgo the 5th year on his contract to play for a stripped down squad with no history of draft success and possibly the highest player turnover rate in the NBA is just incredible. And even if a free agent would do such a thing would you really want someone that stupid leading your team. Last guy I ever saw that turned down the money (LeBron doesn't count as his basketball salary is miniscule compared to his other income) was Juan Gonzalez and that didn't turn out well.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I don't believe for a second that he was the 9th rated player on their board. Then again, the Mavs probably have the absolute worst scouting and developmental program in the NBA. Now I like the young kid and hope he gets to stay a Mav and develop but it is very suspicious that the press conference has been pushed back so far. I feel bad for the kid to get drafted by such a goofball organization. By all accounts he is a great kid and a hard worker who no matter his ceiling will give it all he has and be a great teammate.

From what I can tell he reminds me most of Damon Stoudemire. I think that if he can be 1/2 as good as Damon then the pick will be alright. Still think it was a bad pick, but whatever. Mavs do all of these goofy machinations every year in the draft and usually do exactly the wrong thing.

Despite all the internet geniuses I read every day I still don't have a clue as to what Cuban is really up to. At this point, I am inclined to think that he is either on drugs or he is positioning the team to sell while paying lip service to winning and stringing the fans along. Nobody, takes a championship level squad with players in their prime and strip it down like they did. It really appears that all he has done is slash salaries to recoup his losses.

I think the whole argument most people make on these boards defending them about positioning for free agents is extremely weak and extremely sketchy. The thought that an "elite" free agent would forgo the 5th year on his contract to play for a stripped down squad with no history of draft success and possibly the highest player turnover rate in the NBA is just incredible. And even if a free agent would do such a thing would you really want someone that stupid leading your team. Last guy I ever saw that turned down the money (LeBron doesn't count as his basketball salary is miniscule compared to his other income) was Juan Gonzalez and that didn't turn out well.
Stopped after paragraph 2 a lot of stupid nonsense here
Old 06-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #44
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Stopped after paragraph 2 a lot of stupid nonsense here
I couldn't stop reading. It was like watching a slow motion train wreck; just couldn't look away.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I couldn't stop reading. It was like watching a slow motion train wreck; just couldn't look away.
You're precisely the guy he was talking about.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #46
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not a bad comparison at all.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
FTR, I don't think it's over for Dojo. I still think that if he develops his shot he can play in the NBA.

As for Cunningham, I'm pretty sure he will catch on, he has too much athleticism and good handles to not fit in somewhere. Maybe the pressure of performing for the team that drafts you played a role in their relative lack of success.
In other news if jj barea grows a foot he'd be a star.

Anyway, this actually points out one of the reasons I really like the Ledo pick. He's obviously got a high potential to amount to nothing or he wouldn't have been available in the 2nd round of a bad draft. That being said he's the first mags pick since devin without an absolutely glaring weakness. He's raw but he's got legitimate skills and nothing that another team can say ok we can attack _________.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #48
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Holy F@ck, your post reeks of entitlement. A "goofball organization"? For someone who in one breath decries a team's scouting department, and in another compares Shane Larkin to Damon effing Stoudamire.... wow. You might want to make sure that you have a full deck to play with before calling out a pro scouting department.

As far as your bizarre assertions regarding free agents, you can have LeBron, how about his teammates who did the same thing? How about Pierce, Garnett, and Allen taking a bit less so the Celtics could extend Rondo?

And what the f@ck does Juan Gonzalez have to do with NBA free agents?
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #49
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I also don't believe that Larkin was 9th on their board....unless their board was only made up of guys they thought they had a chance of getting in the middle of the first round, claiming Larkin is the 9th best talent seems asinine.

Having said that, much of GP's post is on a train firmly headed to Crazytown.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #50
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I also don't believe that Larkin was 9th on their board....unless their board was only made up of guys they thought they had a chance of getting in the middle of the first round, claiming Larkin is the 9th best talent seems asinine.

I disagree, I think he was 9th on the board because they were also thinking fit, guys like Cody Zeller, Steven Adams, Anthony Bennett, didn't make sense for seperate reasons (zeller isn't a good enough rebounder/shot blocker for the 4, bennett is strictly a 4, adams you can't stash and isn't ready to play)
Old 06-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #51
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

Given the importance of the pick and roll game in the Mavs' offense, the value Rick puts on shooters, Larkin's aptitude in both areas last year, the team's track record with shorter point guards, and the insensitivity of ranks to distributional skew, I don't find it particularly implausible that they had him 9th on their board. If you're the Mavs, why lie when it's so easy to convey an optimistic perspective on the truth?

As for Ledo, he is interesting. If he makes the team this year I see him getting an eye-opening (or back-breaking) dose of Rick's impatience for lapses in focused competitiveness. Looks to have an uncommonly high ceiling for a 2nd rounder, though.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #52
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I'm liking this pick the more I think about it. Guy has a great attitude and I'm sure he'll make an impact on the team eventually. You don't make it to be a top 20 pick in the nba draft at 5'10" without a never say die attitude. I hope we keep this guy.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #53
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Wow! Some of you guys have some serious reading comprehension problems.

1/2 as good as Damon Stoudemire and frankly he wasn't that great.

Cuban has definitively slashed payroll for 2 years now.

Cuban also has admitted to losing tons of money by racking up an extremely high payroll for years.

Mavs have done some extremely crazy crap for the last couple of years. From giving a 1st for Fernandez to then trading him before he ever played and gave up assets just to jettison him.

Then they drafted Cunningham and now moved down AND gave up a 2nd round pick to get rid of him.

Please, I am not the one who is crazy here. You guys are freaking hilarious with your crap.

Take Dwight Howard for example. To come to Dallas he'd have to give up a 5th year and 30 mil guaranteed + his endorsement opportunities would also shrivel as well. Good grief, do you guys really think that playing in Dallas is better than playing in Los Angeles?

You guys keep continually buying BS and ridicule anyone who comes on here and doesn't see eye to eye with your fairy dust rosy peaches and cream world view. Here is a clue for you guys. People invented LYING many thousands of years ago so they could get what they want and both Cuban and Donnie have a long history of lying through their teeth. Believe what you want but some of you should develop some critical thinking skills.

And quite frankly, none of you guys know Cuban or Nelson and don't know what their angle is and what their intentions are. Cuban certainly isn't going to tell you that he is cutting salary to recoup some of his losses now is he? When the big nut job signs elsewhere then what? LeBron in 2014 and everybody is crazy when they are skeptical?

Geez, you guys take this crap way to seriously. It is basketball for crying out loud. It means less than nothing except for entertainment. Quit getting so upset when people don't see things the way you see them. Frankly, I've been reading this board for many years and the trolls are not who you think they are.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #54
GP

Hell, if you guys want to see how crazy you appear on this board just check out the tags on some of the threads. Dallas-Mavs.com where internet bullies and internet tough guys hang out all day long to slap down any dissenting opinion and to ridicule people they don't even know. Maybe it is time for some of you folks to do some serious self evaluations and maybe get yourselves some productive past times or make some friends. Being vile on the internet to others just doesn't seem to be a very appealing lifestyle.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #55
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Hell, if you guys want to see how crazy you appear on this board just check out the tags on some of the threads. Dallas-Mavs.com where internet bullies and internet tough guys hang out all day long to slap down any dissenting opinion and to ridicule people they don't even know. Maybe it is time for some of you folks to do some serious self evaluations and maybe get yourselves some productive past times or make some friends. Being vile on the internet to others just doesn't seem to be a very appealing lifestyle.
Nice job GP. Are you more entitled to be an internet tough guy and bully or something?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #56
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:

How can we have one of the best overseas scouting programs in the NBA which has been said numerous times then? Please do us all a favor and off yourself.

Answer this question how many ACC games did you watch this year? How many Miami games did you watch? How many times did you see Larkin play? I'd guess none and I'm on the opposite end here. Larkin was an outstanding pick and he comes from a pedigree in Barry Larkin. The kid gets it, he's a winner and has no problem having the ball in his hands during crunch time. This is what you want out of your PG among other things.

Find a new team to root for loser no one has time for your bullshit. Literally didn't read anything after your first post, LMFAO, awful awful AIDS of a poster. Can we ban him? Guy typed like 30 paragraphs worth of posts and he's saying we're the ones taking it too seriously. Too good loser, too good!

Wait wait I want to know who you would have picked because you're clearly a top tier scout and NBA teams are just haters for not offering you a front office job. Am I right?

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 06-30-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #57
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Just saw this quote on today's db.com donuts, from Dirk before the draft:

"I can’t guarantee that we’ll keep the 13th pick, but I do like Shane Larkin,'' he said. "He’s a pretty gritty point guard and he looked like a great leader when I watched him lead Miami to the Sweet 16."

They go on to say that Rick was the one who really liked Shane, but still noteworthy that Dirk mentioned him specifically before the fact.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #58
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cuban also has admitted to losing tons of money by racking up an extremely high payroll for years.

Mavs have done some extremely crazy crap for the last couple of years. From giving a 1st for Fernandez to then trading him before he ever played and gave up assets just to jettison him.

Then they drafted Cunningham and now moved down AND gave up a 2nd round pick to get rid of him.

Please, I am not the one who is crazy here. You guys are freaking hilarious with your crap.

Take Dwight Howard for example. To come to Dallas he'd have to give up a 5th year and 30 mil guaranteed + his endorsement opportunities would also shrivel as well. Good grief, do you guys really think that playing in Dallas is better than playing in Los Angeles?

You guys keep continually buying BS and ridicule anyone who comes on here and doesn't see eye to eye with your fairy dust rosy peaches and cream world view. Here is a clue for you guys. People invented LYING many thousands of years ago so they could get what they want and both Cuban and Donnie have a long history of lying through their teeth. Believe what you want but some of you should develop some critical thinking skills.

And quite frankly, none of you guys know Cuban or Nelson and don't know what their angle is and what their intentions are. Cuban certainly isn't going to tell you that he is cutting salary to recoup some of his losses now is he? When the big nut job signs elsewhere then what? LeBron in 2014 and everybody is crazy when they are skeptical?

Geez, you guys take this crap way to seriously. It is basketball for crying out loud. It means less than nothing except for entertainment. Quit getting so upset when people don't see things the way you see them. Frankly, I've been reading this board for many years and the trolls are not who you think they are.
This is a terrific post.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice posting GP... The forum is a shell of it's former self for a reason..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"I can’t guarantee that we’ll keep the 13th pick, but I do like Shane Larkin,'' he said. "He’s a pretty gritty point guard and he looked like a great leader when I watched him lead Miami to the Sweet 16."

They go on to say that Rick was the one who really liked Shane, but still noteworthy that Dirk mentioned him specifically before the fact.
Oh yeah dude. Larkin has Carlisle written all over him. A warrior who fights through people telling him he can't do it. If Larkin was 3 inches taller, then he would have been drafted ahead of Burke.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #61
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Oh yeah dude. Larkin has Carlisle written all over him. A warrior who fights through people telling him he can't do it. If Larkin was 3 inches taller, then he would have been drafted ahead of Burke.
This reminds me of when Josh Howard said that if Barea was 6 inches taller, he'd be Josh Howard. To which Mike Fisher hilariously responded on his blog that if Barea was 6 inches taller, he wouldn't be Josh Howard, he'd be Dwyane Wade.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #62
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:

Wow GP people get on here to discuss possibilities and what could happen to their favorite sports team. Cuban is doing all he can to put us to the top.. go be a fan of a different team, this entire post is almost pointing towards a Cuban conspiracy. Of course we take basketball seriously.. were on a mavericks forum for god sake.. the casual fan doesn't look at forums. If you don't believe in your boss at work then don't work for him. If you don't believe in your teams owner then don't root for them.
marc9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #63
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc9211 View Post
Wow GP people get on here to discuss possibilities and what could happen to their favorite sports team. Cuban is doing all he can to put us to the top.. go be a fan of a different team, this entire post is almost pointing towards a Cuban conspiracy. Of course we take basketball seriously.. were on a mavericks forum for god sake.. the casual fan doesn't look at forums. If you don't believe in your boss at work then don't work for him. If you don't believe in your teams owner then don't root for them.
Or you know, we could talk Mavs without telling others to leave.

So many people here wanna be gatekeepers. You know he's been here 9 years longer than you have, right?

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #64
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Then he should know people like to talk about rumors and what could happen.. it's the funnest part of the off-season.
marc9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #65
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
This is a terrific post.
If racking up as many of THESE as possible denotes a terrific post, then yes, yes it was.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #66
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
If racking up as many of THESE as possible denotes a terrific post, then yes, yes it was.
Wow, a visual representation of every single conversation on the Internet, ever.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #67
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is from an ESPN insider article where they had the players do a mock draft where a player chooses for their team. Dirk took Larkin with the Mavs 13th pick, but did mention trading down.

"Last year we were able to trade down and get better value,"

He also mentioned Larkin on The Ticket about an hour before the draft.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #68
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Whoa, did somebody criticize the Mavs FO? Is that allowed here?
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #69
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoble View Post
There is nothing wrong with criticizing the Mavs FO if you do it rationally.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #70
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People criticize the Mavs' FO on here all the time. Folks who do it with rational thinking and measured commentary get along just fine. Folks who resort to exaggeration and emotionally-laden rhetoric get chastised. Been that way for seven years (if not longer), and it will continue to be that way, I'm quite sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
The forum is a shell of it's former self for a reason..
I suspect it's because you actually used to contribute something of value, back in the board's alleged glory days.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #71
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
People criticize the Mavs' FO on here all the time. Folks who do it with rational thinking and measured commentary get along just fine.
Cite examples, please.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #72
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Cite examples, please.
And if they're not yours, make sure that you cite where you got them from.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #73
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Cite examples, please.
I'm actually significantly more willing to let you pretend to dispute what I said than to waste time pulling examples. Feel free.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #74
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
And if they're not yours, make sure that you cite where you got them from.
And they should probably be notarized and accompanied by a personal letter of reference from your third grade math teacher.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #75
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hay! Sumbudy tole may sumbudy has a Fugg'n problem! Who?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #76
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
short answer: no.

long answer: never.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #77
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
And they should probably be notarized and accompanied by a personal letter of reference from your third grade math teacher.
That's gonna be a problem, frankly, because my third-grade math teacher is also my notary.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #78
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
That's gonna be a problem, frankly, because my third-grade math teacher is also my notary.
Then we will definitely need a stool sample. And you have to visit OUR DOCTOR due to recent problems with counterfeiting.

Last edited by ribosoma; 07-02-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #79
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then we will definitely need a stool sample.
Any of his posts will qualify.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #80
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Any of his posts will qualify.

Tags
larkin oden #2, murphygettintittiesready, reality check time, uh-oh