Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default U.S. to Target Iranian Arms Entering Iraq

U.S. to Target Iranian Arms Entering Iraq

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1189...rst_element_hs

BARDA, Iraq -- The Pentagon is preparing to build its first base for U.S. forces near the Iraqi-Iranian border, in a major new effort to curb the flow of advanced Iranian weaponry to Shiite militants across Iraq.

The push also includes construction of fortified checkpoints on the major highways leading from the Iranian border to Baghdad and the installation of X-ray machines and explosives-detecting sensors at the only formal border crossing between Iran and Iraq.

The measures come as the U.S. high command in Iraq has begun to recalibrate the overall American mission in the country to focus less on

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, i know this makes tensions even more with Iran but if we are going to stay and police this country then we must see where these arms are comming from and try to stop them from comming in. Many people have asked from day 1, why hasn't the borders been closed down more and checked. I know that is hard to do but it must be done if we stay. I know this can be viewed two way's, like when are we getting into it with Iran and it also can mean we can help curb these arms comming in and keep the violence down. I think this is a good thing we are doing, or atleast trying to curb the arms from comming in.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links