Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default WAAAHHHHH!!!

Quite funny.. And quite ridiculous. Dems have been blowing this one for about 4 years now, as soon as dubya does something (not really sure what he said) they get their panties in a wad.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../09/018391.php
Quote:
Dueling Headlines

Rahm Emanuel, Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, excoriated President Bush for comparing Iraq's Parliament favorably to our Congress, while in Australia:

Quote:
It has long been the custom that members of Congress do not go overseas and criticize the president — that partisanship ends at the water’s edge. But reading today’s accounts of the President’s remarks in Australia, it is clear he has a different view.
Meanwhile, Dennis Kucinich is in the Middle East: "US Democratic hopeful Kucinich meets Assad, blasts Bush":

Kucinich, a strong anti-war opponent who trails far in the US presidential polls, also said he won't visit Iraq on his trip to the region because he considers the US military deployment there illegal.

"I feel the United States is engaging in an illegal occupation ... I don't want to bless that occupation with my presence," he said in an interview in Lebanon, after visiting Syria. "I will not do it."

Kucinich, who accused the Bush administration of policies that have destabilized the Mideast, met with Syrian President Bashar Assad during his visit to Damascus. He said Assad was receptive to his ideas of "strength through peace."

I'll bet Assad was receptive. Kucinich apparently didn't get the memo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

"It is a general error to suppose the loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for its welfare."
-Edmund Burke

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-07-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

And another... GULP indeed..
http://instapundit.com/archives2/009053.php

Quote:
MORE ON THE SURGE: "An independent commission created by Congress said Thursday that U.S. forces in Iraq could give a larger role to the Iraqi Army by early next year, if the Iraqi forces continued to improve. . . . Congressional Democrats expressed immediate skepticism, saying in a hearing that they feared the Bush administration would selectively use this, parts of other recent reports and much-awaited assessments due from senior U.S. officials in Baghdad next week - including a major congressional briefing Sept. 11 - as part of a campaign to press for still more patience."

So they set up an independent panel to dilute the impact of the Petraeus Report. Then when it reports something that doesn't fit the talking points, they express "immediate skepticism."

As Don Surber comments: "That loud gulp you heard is from the 49 Democratic senators, independent Bernie Sanders and Republican Chuck Hagel. Remember, the No. 3 House Democrat, James Clyburn of South Carolina, said in July that good news from Iraq is 'a real big problem for us.' . . . Sabotaging their own report does not help Democrats."
Haha...from the report

Quote:
And Senator Edward Kennedy, Democrat of Massachusetts, expressed the frustrations of many Americans trying to wade through a mounting list of official and unofficial reports on Iraq, and seemingly conflicting indicators about whether President George W. Bush's troop increase plan is in fact working, and whether sectarian violence in particular is actually declining.

"General," Kennedy said, "you must be able to understand the confusion of the American people."
We know who's confused here.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 09-07-2007 at 08:52 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Quite funny.. And quite ridiculous. Dems have been blowing this one for about 4 years now, as soon as dubya does something (not really sure what he said) they get their panties in a wad.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../09/018391.php

I had to get this one in, because it seemed to fit your crying theme Just joking around..Just wanted to mess with you...

WASHINGTON - Under that famously self-confident exterior is a president who weeps — a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

President Bush told the author of a new book on his presidency that "I try not to wear my worries on my sleeve" or show anything less than steadfastness in public, especially in a time of war.

"I fully understand that the enemy watches me, the Iraqis are watching me, the troops watch me, and the people watch me," he said. Yet, he said, "I do tears."

"I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president. I'll shed some tomorrow."

Bush granted journalist Robert Draper several extended interviews in late 2006 and early 2007, as well as unusual access to his aides, for the book "Dead Certain: The Presidency of George W. Bush," which went on sale Tuesday.

Draper's account of the bulk of Bush's presidency sheds light on a loyal and secretive inner circle that, at least privately, was not always on the same page. Draper tells of an April 2006 dinner at which Bush asked aides for a show of hands on whether his divisive defense secretary, Donald H. Rumsfeld, should be fired.

The vote: 7-4 to get rid of him, with Bush siding with those who wanted him kept on for the time being. Rumsfeld was replaced after the elections that fall switched control of the House and Senate to Democrats.

White House aides who wanted Rumsfeld out were privately dismayed when retired generals called publicly for his ouster, fearing that would steel Bush's resolve to keep his defense chief, the book says.

Bush, without addressing that meeting, suggested to the author that the ex-generals did get under his skin.

"My reaction was, 'No military guy is gonna tell a civilian how to react,'" he said.

Also in the book, Bush:

_Acknowledged that sectarian violence after the U.S. toppled Saddam Hussein was "something we didn't spend a lot of time planning for. We planned for what happens if Saddam and his people dug into Baghdad," and we figured the Iraqi leader was fomenting ethnic divisions that would ease when he was gone. The opposite happened.

_Said he wants to make money — "replenishing the ol' coffers" — after his presidency. He said he could make "ridiculous" money on the lecture circuit, citing the experience of his predecessor, Bill Clinton, as well as his own father.

_Recalled his drinking days and how faith gave him the discipline to stop.

"I wouldn't be president if I kept drinking. You get sloppy, can't make decisions, it clouds your reason, absolutely. I still remember the feeling of a hangover, even though I haven't had a drink in twenty years." He said he ate chocolate in the evenings after he swore off booze, because his body missed the sugar.

_Told of a false alarm the night of Sept. 11, 2001, when he and his wife, Laura, were in bed in the White House after the day's traumatic events and a Secret Service agent came to the bedroom and told them to get to the bunker. "They're coming," the agent said. "We're under attack." The couple hurried to the bunker, the president carrying a dog under one arm and a cat under the other, with his wife slipping on a bathrobe and fuzzy slippers, feeling blind without her contact lenses. The source of the alarm — a plane in closed airspace over the Potomac River — turned out to be an authorized flight.

Draper, a national correspondent for GQ magazine, is a former editor at Texas Monthly, where he profiled Bush when he was Texas governor.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote