Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #41
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: U2 Vertigo

3rd leg tour dates announced. Dallas and Houston will be graced with the presence of the little Irish band some are fond of. The dates are below:

October 28 - Houston, Texas - Toyota Center
October 29 - Dallas, Texas - American Airlines Center

General sale begins, according to u2.com, at the "end of this week". If you are a U2.com member who DID NOT use your special code to purchase tickets in the first presale you will be able to use your code to purchase tickets for any of the 33 dates announced on Wednesday and Thursday. The entire schedule for the third leg is below:

12th September Toronto - Air Canada Centre
14th September Toronto - Air Canada Centre
20th September Chicago - United Center
21st September Chicago - United Center
23rd September Minneapolis - Target Center
25th September Milwaukee - Bradley Center

03rd October Boston - Fleet Center
04th October Boston - Fleet Center
07th October New York - Madison Square Garden
08th October New York - Madison Square Garden
10th October New York - Madison Square Garden
16th October Philadelphia - Wachovia Center
17th October Philadelphia - Wachovia Center
19th October Washington - DC MCI Center
20th October Washington - DC MCI Center
22nd October Pittsburgh - Mellon Arena
24th October Detroit - Palace of Auburn Hills
28th October Houston - Toyota Center
29th October Dallas - American Airlines Arena

01st November Los Angeles - Staples Center
02nd November Los Angeles - Staples Center
13th November Miami - American Airlines Arena
16th November Tampa - St. Pete Times Forum
18th November Atlanta - Philips Arena
25th November Ottawa - Corel Centre
26th November Montreal - Bell Centre

07th December Hartford - Civic Center
09th December Buffalo - HSBC Arena
10th December Cleveland - Gund Arena
14th December St. Louis - Savvis Center
15th December Omaha - Qwest Center
17th December Salt Lake City - Delta Center
19th December Portland - Rose Garden

None of the supporting acts have been announced (for the third leg). Kings of Leon will be opening in the first leg (North America), however I would like for them to bring over 2 of the supporting acts from the European leg of this tour for the 3rd leg. Those acts being Franz Ferdinand and The Killers. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #42
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

U2 - any guess as to ticket prices? anything as cheap as $50?

Old 03-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #43
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:U2 Vertigo

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
U2 - any guess as to ticket prices? anything as cheap as $50?
General Admission - the best ticket available because it is standing room only in front and around the stage - will be 45 + Ticketcrappers added on robbery.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Update: General sales for both Houston and Dallas are this Saturday morning, 10AM. That's March 12th for those wanting a calendar date.

If you get GA's you can hang out with me in line all day on the 29th. Doesn't that sound like fun? We can make fun of sike and practice cutting people down like Drbio. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #45
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I am going October 7th and November 22nd at MSG!

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #46
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Dear u2,

How was the concert Saturday night?

Best regards,

Cali

P.S. I just spoke with a guy in my office and he said it was fantastic........ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #47
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

How was it? Well, it was really incredible. I waited in the GA line all day with my wife and met some really cool people. I live in my own little world so it's hard to imagine anyone being as big of a fan as I am (although I know those people exist... but until you see them it's just a rumor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ). But being around so many people that share in my fascination with this little band from Dublin was really fun.

Then the concert happened. Every time I see them (I say every time, I think the closest I ever got to being dissapointed was the PopMart tour) they impress. But Saturday night was really just an experience. If you haven't gone to a show in the past you need to at least once. Give them one shot and I will be shocked if you aren't hooked.

The first time I saw them was at the Bronco Bowl in 83. And although Bono wasn't climbing up the stage set and jumping everywhere like he was back then, he still has an incredible knack for exciting a crowd. The actions are the only thing that has changed. The feelings inside are exactly the same.

And this was the first time that I got to hear live the song performed that inspired my internet identity. And instead of Luciano Pavarotti singing the Tenor portion, Bono did and he sounded incredible. Although that was not the highlight of the evening. It was a concert full of highlights. The Ocean, Out of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky and ending the concert with 40 (something that I was used to happening back in the day. When I took my wife to her first U2 concert in 92 I prepared her for the end by playing 40 over and over and letting her know that when she hears that the show is over, but for her to keep on singing until she couldn't sing anymore. Then they didn't play it, and hadn't in a concert I attended until Saturday night. So she was well prepared, she had lots of years of practice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ).

I was a happy man. Still am.

There are rumors that the band might tour the US in the Summer of 06 on a Stadium tour (ala Zoo TV Outside Broadcast of 92). I really hope that is the case because after a show I always wonder if that's the last one. And if it isn't, well that just makes it that much better.