Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #1
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default Van Excel

Just heard

Van Exel & 2nd round pick to LA Clippers for Melvin Ely & Keyon Dooling! Doesn't look like he's coming back to Dallas afterall.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2004, 01:39 PM   #2
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Van Exel

I do not believe that at all.

Edited - for bad tone with lack of personal courtesy. (Sorry.)
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:54 PM   #3
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default RE:Van Exel

People in Sportsline message boards are starting to report this....makes sense for both teams.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 02:01 PM   #4
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

I don't buy it for a minute. IMO, no such trade has happened, or will happen, contrary to what they said.

And "sportsline message boards" are not a reliable source for breaking trade news. Good grief.

EDITED - for lack of courtesy on my part. (Sorry.)
Old 01-27-2004, 02:19 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

.................................................. .......and I just dont give a crap.............................................. ................................

Quote:
"sportsline message boards" are not a reliable source for breaking trade news.
good point....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

But NVE wasnt coming to Dallas anyhow, regardless of whether GS wants to trade him or not. His salary wont fit here - plus, he is hurt this year a lot (he isnt the same NVE we remember anymore)
Old 01-27-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

LMAO

Golden State trades: PG Nick Van Exel (13.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 5.9 apg in 34.1 minutes)
Golden State receives: PF Melvin Ely (4.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.7 minutes)
PG Keyon Dooling (4.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 15.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -4.9 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and -3.3 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: PF Melvin Ely (4.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.7 minutes)
PG Keyon Dooling (4.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 15.3 minutes)
L.A. Clippers receives: PG Nick Van Exel (13.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 5.9 apg in 30 games)
Change in team outlook: +4.9 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and +3.3 apg.

TRADE DECLINED

Dooling and Ely dont even come up to 1/3 of NVEs contract....this had to be the most ignorant post EVER
Old 01-27-2004, 02:41 PM   #8
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Realgm.coms salary ratios have them listed as this

NVE 39.6

Keyon Dooling 7.6, Melvin Ely 5.4...no way this deal can get done without sending Brand or Maggette to GS....no one else on LA is over 8.3
Old 01-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #9
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Actually RealGM doesnt have the whole story - they show LAC over the cap, which is far off. Nevertheless, there would have to be a 3rd player go to GS in the deal (not Brtand or Maggette), and the whole thing doesnt make sense for LA anyhow. Since when do they acquire overpaid aging players like NVE? Never.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #10
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Actually RealGM doesnt have the whole story - they show LAC over the cap, which is far off. Nevertheless, there would have to be a 3rd player go to GS in the deal (not Brand or Maggette), and the whole thing doesnt make sense for LA anyhow. Since when do they acquire overpaid aging players like NVE? Never.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:42 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bcrav4
Just heard

Van Exel & 2nd round pick to LA Clippers for Melvin Ely & Keyon Dooling! Doesn't look like he's coming back to Dallas afterall.

kaboom
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:58 PM   #12
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

People complain about Peter Vescey speculating on trades and then believe what people at the "Sportsline message boards" are saying.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hitman
People complain about Peter Vescey speculating on trades and then believe what people at the "Sportsline message boards" are saying.
Aren't the "Sportsline message boards" where Vescey gets his "inside" information?
Old 01-31-2004, 06:25 AM   #14
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I like van Exel. We share the same birthday, actually, Nov. 27. Same as Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix, by the way. You see the similarities? At times brilliant, innovative, ahead of the time, but in the end self-destructive not lasting very long. So, what's the point? I don't think he can repeat what he did last year and therefore it would make no sense to have him back. He got what he asked for. "Get me out of Denver". He could be on a good team with carmelo by now, but is stuck in golden state instead. He just couldn't go through the pain of losing. Sometimes it pays off to keep on playing without complaining too much. It worked for Finley... Of course players get traded if they like it or not.

I think we need a better backup for Nash, since his way of playing tends to wear him down and he needs more rest to be fresh when the playoffs come. Nick did a great job last year, but give best and delk some more minutes and have walker pass more than shoot then there will no problems at the point position. now that the mavs finally seem to have found each other, a return of van exel would cause too much of a disruption.

sorry, nick, no rings in this lifetime...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote