Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #81
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
All those years of Curry laughing, dancing and mocking like an idiot and then recruiting Durant...im enjoying their trainwreck. Again.
Well Durant was the best player on the team. In no scenario would I pick Curry over Durant if I had to choose between the two.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2020, 10:13 PM   #82
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

It's early in the season but here's what I've noticed.

Blake can still ball. Obviously health is a concern but I think if he's on a good team he would really be productive.

Curry fits in so good with Philly. They just seem to have the right pieces around where his defense isn't much of a concern and his offense really spaces the floor well for Embiid to post up freely and Simmons to drive.

OKC despite always trying gut their roster just seem to play hard no matter what and I think they are still going to be a very competitive team.

Atlanta IMA was the team that really improved the most via FA additions. They are a fun team to watch play.

San Antonio despite the league going to more three's continue to play to the strength of their players. I like that Pop's doesn't force his guys to play outside of their strengths and if healthy baring any trades i think the Spurs are going to return to the playoffs.

Chicago seems like they are destined to hit the reset button again. Two guys that I really like off that Bulls teams who i think would be awesome in Dallas is Lavine and Markenen.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #83
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Chriss breaks his leg

Warriors are cursed
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #84
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Oubre looks soooooooooooooo bad.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Knicks trashing the Bucks. Everyone is hitting.

Interestingly DSJ is totally inactive.

I honestly think the Knicks opt-out this summer. I'm not sure he even gets another contract.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kelly Oubre is now 1-33 on any shot that isn’t a dunk
Old 12-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #87
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dinwiddie partially tore his ACL. Will be out for a while
Old 12-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #88
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Knicks trashing the Bucks. Everyone is hitting.

Interestingly DSJ is totally inactive.

I honestly think the Knicks opt-out this summer. I'm not sure he even gets another contract.
Man what happened to him? He’s got talent to play in the league, but damn he’s been awful. I imagine someone signs him to another contract.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:00 PM   #89
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Man what happened to him? He’s got talent to play in the league, but damn he’s been awful. I imagine someone signs him to another contract.
Teams can easily ruin players for little reason. Sixers nearly ruined Fultz's career before he blossomed on Orlando. Smith just needs a fresh start.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Morant going out in a wheelchair with an ankle injury. Damn.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #91
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...881968640?s=21
Old 12-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #92
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Ankle sprain...thank god. Even if it is a bad one, at least no achilles.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:20 PM   #93
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Gonna go ahead an call it......Wood is the best free agent pick up this season and it makes me sick Rockets got him. I still don't understand Pistons logic......sign Grant and Plumlee for the same money as Wood.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:30 PM   #94
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

LeVert with 28 pts 11 ast and 5 stl while KD and Kyrie sit. What a luxury sixth man to have, but they just lost Dinwiddie for the season. They also have two legit centers, and a head coach for an assistant. Poor Knicks.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #95
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
LeVert with 28 pts 11 ast and 5 stl while KD and Kyrie sit. What a luxury sixth man to have, but they just lost Dinwiddie for the season. They also have two legit centers, and a head coach for an assistant. Poor Knicks.
Nets are so damn deep. Luwawa went off for 21 plus tonight. He had a few good games in the bubble too.

So the rumored deals for Harden were always Dinwiddie and Levert. I think the deal could still get done with Levert. I really like Levert's game. He's the perfect player to have as a 6th man. He can fill right in when you sit your starters....
Old 12-29-2020, 03:46 AM   #96
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

There's only 4 undefeated teams left and they're all in the Eastern Conference and not teams you would expect: Orlando, CLEVELAND, Atlanta, Indiana.
ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:08 AM   #97
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Nets are so damn deep. Luwawa went off for 21 plus tonight. He had a few good games in the bubble too.

So the rumored deals for Harden were always Dinwiddie and Levert. I think the deal could still get done with Levert. I really like Levert's game. He's the perfect player to have as a 6th man. He can fill right in when you sit your starters....
Yep. TLC is a legit bench guy. Jeff Green, Shamet. They didn't even play Kurucs, Johnson, or Brown.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:23 AM   #98
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Shoot, if I’m Houston I ask for Levert, Allen, Harris, Dinwiddie and Prince with a couple picks for good measure.

Last edited by mac222b; 12-29-2020 at 05:32 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #99
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://streamable.com/jdl1ky
Old 12-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #100
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
You know, the Harlem Globetrotters are highly entertaining.

I know that may be what purests don't want, but I think average fans eat that stuff up. I mean, it is fun and funny to watch.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #101
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampsAgainShoon View Post
There's only 4 undefeated teams left and they're all in the Eastern Conference and not teams you would expect: Orlando, CLEVELAND, Atlanta, Indiana.
This season is insane. There are some decent teams in there to be sure. Indiana is always a playoff team. Hawks are too and Cleveland is going to surprise people with their homegrown talent.

Still, it's weird to have Mavs with a losing record and Orlando undefeated.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:26 PM   #102
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

So uhhhh...am I the only one who didn't know Justin Jackson AND Isiah Roby both played for the Thunder? Both got the starts tonight.....Roby looks damn good thus far.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #103
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Roby has 9 points and 2 rebounds in his start. Wow.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-29-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #104
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Theo Maledon has also looked good too. But remember, the Thunder can afford to play these guys.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #105
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Shoot, if I’m Houston I ask for Levert, Allen, Harris, Dinwiddie and Prince with a couple picks for good measure.
If they could get that....that would be a steal.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #106
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Westbrook triple doubles in his first four games

No one has done that since Oscar Robertson

He’s also 0-4
Old 12-29-2020, 10:36 PM   #107
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

19/7/2 for Roby. Shit.

Old 12-30-2020, 12:27 AM   #108
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
19/7/2 for Roby. Shit.
We basically traded him for WCS right? RC wouldn’t play him anyway.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #109
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
19/7/2 for Roby. Shit.
Don’t get the shit part

He was end of the bench for us. May never have played and just had one decent game in a loss.

OKC was desperate. They started him and gave him major minutes next to SGA. Don’t think that would have happened here. Also who knows if he’ll ever have another good game.

I wish him well. Seemed like a good kid. I love the stories of guys who aren’t expected to do anything, get one chance, and explode in one game. It has that Yogi Ferrell feeling.

Anyway, I’m thrilled we have WCS right now.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-30-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #110
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
19/7/2 for Roby. Shit.
He looked damn good too.........
Old 12-30-2020, 04:11 PM   #111
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Don’t get the shit part

He was end of the bench for us. May never have played and just had one decent game in a loss.

OKC was desperate. They started him and gave him major minutes next to SGA. Don’t think that would have happened here. Also who knows if he’ll ever have another good game.

I wish him well. Seemed like a good kid. I love the stories of guys who aren’t expected to do anything, get one chance, and explode in one game. It has that Yogi Ferrell feeling.

Anyway, I’m thrilled we have WCS right now.
I think that's the issue though....why can't a guy like Roby get play here? I honestly can't see much of a difference between Roby, Kleber, WCS and Powell in regards to how good they are.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:23 PM   #112
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that's the issue though....why can't a guy like Roby get play here? I honestly can't see much of a difference between Roby, Kleber, WCS and Powell in regards to how good they are.
Carlisle is just weird with his rotations and always has been. He loves some guys and not others, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it. I firmly believe that he will keep starting Powell until Powell is no longer a Maverick, even though Powell might be the worst player on the team, and even though Porzingis is way better as a 5 than a 4. I really hope I'm wrong about that, but that is what I'm expecting.

I will also go to my grave believing that we would have beaten the Spurs in 2010 if Rick played Beaubois instead of Barea.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:31 PM   #113
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Carlisle is just weird with his rotations and always has been. He loves some guys and not others, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it. I firmly believe that he will keep starting Powell until Powell is no longer a Maverick, even though Powell might be the worst player on the team, and even though Porzingis is way better as a 5 than a 4. I really hope I'm wrong about that, but that is what I'm expecting.

I will also go to my grave believing that we would have beaten the Spurs in 2010 if Rick played Beaubois instead of Barea.
I have a long standing belief which I’ve vocalised here many times that part of our issue here is the “triangulation” of the MBT. Which results in trades like the one for Rondo which Rick seemed never to be on board with. Cuban is great in some ways but him being such an active owner I’m sure can at times be an impediment. Not drafting Giannis is a great example where are know he overruled Donnie (and it was dumb!)

I think Jae Crowder is a good example of Rick’s blind spot or limitation. If he had been given a bigger role, which in hindsight he was ready for, we may not have made that trade. Or at least flipped Jae for something better later. We also gave them like the 18 pick and Wright. Roby may or may not turn out to be another gaffe, too soon to tell. The takeaway is I hope all our rookies get a good look at some point before we ship them off unceremoniously.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #114
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Was there another way to clear a roster spot? I can’t remember who we had pre-bubble. Likely no one wanted Justin Jackson. Courtney Lee still had value for his contract and on court to some extent.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:53 PM   #115
mac222b
Diamond Member

I had a look back and Broekoff was the other guy we could have dumped. They must not have thought much of Roby.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:53 PM   #116
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

I agree on all of the above. I don't see the purpose in Powell and it disturbs me that a basketball mind like Carlisle does. Is it salary that keeps getting him play on the court?
Old 12-30-2020, 07:54 PM   #117
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Was there another way to clear a roster spot? I can’t remember who we had pre-bubble. Likely no one wanted Justin Jackson. Courtney Lee still had value for his contract and on court to some extent.
Ouch was Roby just a "throw-in"?

And btw, I don't want to make it sound like Roby is the next coming. My issue isn't necessarily with Roby just the approach this team takes when it comes to valuing young players....because there's going to come a point where we have no choice but to build this team with guys on deals like Roby.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 12-30-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #118
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ouch was Roby just a "throw-in"?

And btw, I don't want to make it sound like Roby is the next coming. My issue isn't necessarily with Roby just the approach this team takes when it comes to valuing young players....because there's going to come a point where we have no choice but to build this team with guys on deals like Roby.
We traded Roby to OKC for cash and Justin Patton who we waived to make roster room for WCS. I think we gave GSW a crappy 2nd for him. We eventually waived Bro so we could pick up Burke for the bubble. I was just wondering if we could have dumped Bro instead of Roby? Just waived him. Maybe Cuban is more concerned about cash than we know?

Last edited by mac222b; 12-30-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:25 PM   #119
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bane is so solid. That one is gonna linger.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #120
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

No way Heat make the finals again. East finally has some talent