Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Why I'm voting democrat :)

This was sent to me from a good friend who happens to be Democrat.

Why I'm voting democrat

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four elitist liberals should rewrite the Constitution every few months to suit some fringe element that could never get their agenda past voters.

I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat.

I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America.
I'm voting Democrat because I really don't know what the philosophical differences between both parties really are but the Democrats promise me free stuff.

I'm voting Democrat because I think the government will do a better job of spending my money than I could.
I'm voting Democrat because illegal aliens are not criminals, are not sucking up tax payer resources through government aid, hospital services, education, or social services, but are just people trying to make a better life by coming to America illegally. We can't blame them for that, can we?

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq , I know the Islamic terrorists will stop trying to kill us because they'll think we're a good and decent country.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe people who can't tell us if it will rain in two or three days, can now tell us the polar ice caps will disappear in ten years if I don't start riding a bicycle, build a windmill or inflate my tires to proper levels.

I'm voting Democrat because it's alright to kill millions of babies as long as we keep violent, convicted murderers on death row alive.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe businesses in America should not be allowed to make profits. Businesses should just break even and give the rest to the government so politicians and bureaucrats can redistribute the money the way they think it should be redistributed.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe guns, and not the people misusing them, are the cause of crimes and killings.

I'm voting Democrat because when someone with a weapon threatens my family or me, I know the government can respond faster through a call to 911 than I can with a gun in my hand.

I'm voting Democrat because oil companies' 10% profits on a gallon of gas are obscene, but government taxes of 18% on the same gallon of gas are just fine.

I'm voting Democrat because now I can marry whatever I want, so I've decided to marry my horse.

I'm voting Democrat because I have a crappy zero skill job and need the union or my peers to do my thinking for me because I wasn't smart enough to get an education.

I'm voting Democrat because Obama and company are promising "change".
Nobody knows what the change will be but if a Democrat is promising change I must be
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I'm voting Democrat because oil companies' 10% profits on a gallon of gas are obscene, but government taxes of 18% on the same gallon of gas are just fine.
the whole list is great...but that one cracked me up. Truer words never spoken.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

I tried to tell you all that Dude and 92bDad are one and the same.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I tried to tell you all that Dude and 92bDad are one and the same.
thanks for the compliment.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't you have condensed it down to:

I'm voting Democrat because I have a college education.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
thanks for the compliment.
I wouldn't take that as a compliment even if I was the most hardcore republican ever.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

politics is stupid.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by mary; 10-26-2008 at 03:06 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

boy, you said it
Old 10-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I prefer the youtube versions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQJ9Xp0xxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPG25Wf0aa4

The 21st century ftw...
Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
politics is stupid.
Every four years I get reminded how true this is.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Once again...I'm voting for Democrat because I have a college education.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Chum didn't you claim a while back you voted Republican in most of the previous elections?

Just sayin'

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently he has spent the last 4 years in school?

So it is your belief that I don't chum? Or mine doesn't count because I didn't get liberalized?

I don't get that.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Chum didn't you claim a while back you voted Republican in most of the previous elections?

Just sayin'
Yes, I did. And I'm done with the Republicans right now. They are playing to the redneck uneducated voter, and that's not me.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Apparently he has spent the last 4 years in school?

So it is your belief that I don't chum? Or mine doesn't count because I didn't get liberalized?

I don't get that.
I'm not really sure what you are asking. I would guess that you are going to make a well educated vote, based on what I know about you.

It does still remain true, though, that the Republican party relies on uneducated people for their votes. Of course, it isn't going to be near enough in this election, and the Republicans will have to change their strategy going forward, but for now it is what it is. If you are dumb and backwards, you certainly vote Republican.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #16
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Yes, I did. And I'm done with the Republicans right now. They are playing to the redneck uneducated voter, and that's not me.
Identity politics is for the far left.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

I guess you wish.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you are asking. I would guess that you are going to make a well educated vote, based on what I know about you.

It does still remain true, though, that the Republican party relies on uneducated people for their votes. Of course, it isn't going to be near enough in this election, and the Republicans will have to change their strategy going forward, but for now it is what it is. If you are dumb and backwards, you certainly vote Republican.
What about all the inner city poor that are voting Democrat for the bigger hand out? I mean if you're going to generalize and stereotype let's do it equally for both sides.

I look forward to the next Republican favored election when you'll flip back to the right.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-26-2008 at 06:35 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

So dumb hicks vote republican...intelligent folks vote democrat...the resident bigot speaks.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
What about all the inner city poor that are voting Democrat for the bigger hand out?
I'm not entirely sure the so-called "inner-city poor" vote for Democrats because of the "bigger handout." Actually, I've yet to see any statistical data show "bigger handouts" to be a reason anyone votes for anybody.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
I'm not entirely sure the so-called "inner-city poor" vote for Democrats because of the "bigger handout." Actually, I've yet to see any statistical data show "bigger handouts" to be a reason anyone votes for anybody.
You are out of your mind if you don't think millions of people are voting for Obama because they're going to get a bigger tax break. Which for people barely (or not at all) paying income tax, that's a handout.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Why would obama be all over the airwaves with his tax cut to YOU if he didn't think it was enticing.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So dumb hicks vote republican...intelligent folks vote democrat...the resident bigot speaks.
so you're anti-generalizations? really?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #24
Burn this City

Quote:
You are out of your mind if you don't think millions of people are voting for Obama because they're going to get a bigger tax break. Which for people barely (or not at all) paying income tax, that's a handout.
I'm sure people are going to vote for Obama because they'd prefer a greater tax break, but that isn't what you said. You made the generalization that individuals from urban areas vote for Democrats because they want handouts. And all I was saying was that I've never seen any statistical evidence showing that trend.

I've seen data that shows a huge bloc of African-Americans and even a significant percentage of Latinos favoring Democrats since the civil rights movement of the 1960's and the separation of the Dixiecrats from the modern Democratic party, but that trend corresponds to both affluent and less affluent voters, so it doesn't really apply to your "inner-city" theory. It's more of a sign of racial identification, rather than class identification.

Last edited by Burn this City; 10-26-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Burn this City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
What about all the inner city poor that are voting Democrat for the bigger hand out? I mean if you're going to generalize and stereotype let's do it equally for both sides.

I look forward to the next Republican favored election when you'll flip back to the right.
What, is that a big voting bloc?

You know what's a big voting bloc? White people. That's a big voing bloc. White people like me.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
What, is that a big voting bloc?

You know what's a big voting bloc? White people. That's a big voing bloc. White people like me.
Inner city poor excludes white people?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #27
Burn this City

Quote:
I don't see many white people in South Central Los Angeles.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Yes, for the most part.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #29
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

why is it so black and white? why do the republicans says everything the democrats suggest is wrong and vice vera? Last I checked, both parties are americans who want to improve our country. Why don't people sit down and think, ok, this guy has good ideas on this, and this other guy has good ideas on that. Maybe then we could be a "united" states
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #30
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no matter how many times I click the Rep button it won't let me add more.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #31
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you are dumb and backwards, you certainly vote Republican.
I would like your permission to have this made into a T-Shirt
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #32
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right. How many educated voters do you think Obama and/or ACORN have registered for the first time.

You're off-base on this one. You are prejudiced against rednecks; I get that. But your premise is off-base.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Right. How many educated voters do you think Obama and/or ACORN have registered for the first time.

You're off-base on this one. You are prejudiced against rednecks; I get that. But your premise is off-base.
My premise? It's off base? My premise is that rednecks are generally uneducated, That's off base?

What, are you going to step in and show the earned degrees of all these rednecks?

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-26-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #34
Burn this City

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappasigma View Post
Last I checked, both parties are americans who want to improve our country. Why don't people sit down and think, ok, this guy has good ideas on this, and this other guy has good ideas on that. Maybe then we could be a "united" states
That would make too much sense. And since when have politicians wanted to improve our country?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #35
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My premise? It's off base? My premise is that rednecks are generally uneducated, That's off base?

What, are you going to step in and show the earned degrees of all these rednecks?
No, your premise that you have to be dumb to vote for a Republican.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
THERE YOU GO!!!! Good on you.

Although, I wouldn't have worded it so harshly. I would have said that if you are "uneducated," you vote for the Republican. Let's try to maintain some measure of grace and decorum.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:38 PM   #37
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the thing about rednecks..

A lot of people think that they tend to vote Republican because of the social conservative angle, and it's true that the Republican party has played that up for the last 20 years... but you know what?

Rednecks really don't like the government telling them what to do.

If you peeled away all of the social agendas of both sides and got down to the guiding principles of each party relative to what they do or don't want government to do, those rednecks are still voting Republican far and away.

Urban vs. rural is far more an issue of individualism vs. collectivism than it is a social conservative vs. social liberal issue, at the very heart of it. The social stuff is just the superficial layer that we all focus on because people get emotional about it and the media picks up on it.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #38
Burn this City

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
For argument's sake, after the past 8 years...well you know...

j/k
Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #39
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
THERE YOU GO!!!! Good on you.

Although, I wouldn't have worded it so harshly. I would have said that if you are "uneducated," you vote for the Republican. Let's try to maintain some measure of grace and decorum.
Actually, you did word it "so harshly". You said, "If you are dumb and backwards, you certainly vote Republican." That was lacking a measure of grace and decorum, I guess.

And factually, you are wrong about uneducated (or undereducated) people. According to the latest polling data from IBD/TIPP, 49% of people with only a high school education say they intend to vote for Obama, as opposed to 40% for McCain.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #40
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Here's the thing about rednecks..

A lot of people think that they tend to vote Republican because of the social conservative angle, and it's true that the Republican party has played that up for the last 20 years... but you know what?

Rednecks really don't like the government telling them what to do.

If you peeled away all of the social agendas of both sides and got down to the guiding principles of each party relative to what they do or don't want government to do, those rednecks are still voting Republican far and away.

Urban vs. rural is far more an issue of individualism vs. collectivism than it is a social conservative vs. social liberal issue, at the very heart of it. The social stuff is just the superficial layer that we all focus on because people get emotional about it and the media picks up on it.
Best post I've read in quite a while in this forum. Excellent analysis, and spot on.

Tags
fluffy banter, horrible thread