Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #81
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

"HWSNBN" sure stunk up the joint in the 4th.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #82
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

0-5 from down town tonight. ouch.

I think JJ is like one of those girls who will punch you twice for every time she kisses you.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #83
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Why aren't there comparable threads for guys like Haywood and Butler who are supposed to be starting-caliber players and making much more money than a mere $1.8 million per year? If Butler was even close to being the guy we hoped he could be or Marion had any offensive game to count on left in him, JJB wouldn't be on the court in crunch time. Carlisle put JJB in a bad position and even Kidd willingly handed him the ball when it mattered the most instead of taking care of things on his own, which isn't exactly a smart thing to do. Barea is our 8th guy for a reason. Today, he was asked to be more than he actually is.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #84
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what's up with Barea's three point stroke this year, but he can't hit one to save his life right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:20 PM   #85
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know what's up with Barea's three point stroke this year, but he can't hit one to save his life right now.
I think he doesn't have his legs since he has to play that grueling Pat Riley style defense when he is out there.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #86
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have liked to have seen jjb get into the game earlier in the third. They desperately needed someone who would dribble drive in that quarter. Jkiddo was like a duck in a barrell out there against that pressing defense.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #87
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I'm not even mad at JJ, he played hard last night. His glaring flaw was not being able to hit a 3. But I think he tried his hardest on defense. I was pissed at him bricking 3's in crunch time, but then I thought, who's fault is that he's there during crunch-time? If you want to blame someone for last night's loss blame Butler for sucking as usual, blame Marion missing an uncontested layup at the end of the first, blame Haywood for playing like a sissy. We really need Roddy back soon.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #88
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
blame Butler for sucking as usual
***^THIS^***
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #89
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I would have liked to have seen jjb get into the game earlier in the third. They desperately needed someone who would dribble drive in that quarter. Jkiddo was like a duck in a barrell out there against that pressing defense.
IMO this has been the single biggest systemic problem with our team for years and years, even well before J-Kidd. We very frequently shut down on offense when a team with athletic players aggressively extends their defense out beyond the three point line and double teams Dirk wherever he goes. Denver 2009, NO 2008, GS 2007....you could go on and on. The Spurs beat us last year with a slightly different defensive strategy (i.e., simply mug Dirk wherever he goes, while otherwise playing fairly conservative defense), but other than that we haven't had a playoff exit since Miami that wasn't predicated substantially on us failing to respond to that type of defense.

We have the personnel now that this shouldn't be a pervasive issue anymore, so it's frustrating to see it still happen fairly regularly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-18-2010 at 11:46 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #90
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Just continue to run him out there to get abused defensively, and contribute on occasion offensively. Have him dominate the friggin' ball for 18 seconds and force up a shot by himself or another teammate.

Where Marbury? Hell, where's Steve Kerr?

I can't take this guy anymore.. play Dojo for crying out loud... just get him off the court.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 AM   #91
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care how bad Roddy would play the point, just give him all minutes of Barea.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:33 AM   #92
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I dont care how bad Roddy would play the point, just give him all minutes of Barea.
exactly

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #93
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The New Orleans Hornets and Toronto Raptors are in serious discussions on a five-player trade that would send Peja Stojakovic and Jerryd Bayless to the Raptors for Jarrett Jack, David Andersen and Marcus Banks, a source told ESPN.com Saturday.
J.Jack would be awesome.

I would send Barea+Stevenson+Ajinca and hell, even throw Jones or a 1st inside too.

Kidd/Jack
Roddy/Terry/Jack
Old 11-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #94
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
IMO this has been the single biggest systemic problem with our team for years and years, even well before J-Kidd. We very frequently shut down on offense when a team with athletic players aggressively extends their defense out beyond the three point line and double teams Dirk wherever he goes. Denver 2009, NO 2008, GS 2007....you could go on and on. The Spurs beat us last year with a slightly different defensive strategy (i.e., simply mug Dirk wherever he goes, while otherwise playing fairly conservative defense), but other than that we haven't had a playoff exit since Miami that wasn't predicated substantially on us failing to respond to that type of defense.

We have the personnel now that this shouldn't be a pervasive issue anymore, so it's frustrating to see it still happen fairly regularly.
Obviously I agree...Getting Jkiddo was an attempt to alleviate that somewhat I expect and it does. But even Jkiddo cannot and should not be expected to bring the ball up against pressure defense all by himself.

Also in that sequence....why in hell aren't the mavs pushing the ball right back at them with passing! You can hardly ever beat an aggressive pressing defense with the dribble but the mavs being the vets that they are should certainly have been able to sit down and talk about what to do about bellinei smothering jkiddo up the floor.

To his credit Carlisle called two timeouts in that quarter but he didn't make any adjustment that helped the team out.

By my reading Jkiddo had 4 bad passes in that third quarter! Horrible and missed everything he shot it also appears. Terrible point guard play...But I still contend he was being asked to do something that is really tough and didn't have to.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #95
sefant77
Guru

6-40 in the last 5 games

5-35 on 3s this season

I changed allready from being angry to pure laughing
Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #96
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
6-40 in the last 5 games

5-35 on 3s this season

10-4 anyway.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
6-40 in the last 5 games

5-35 on 3s this season

The poor guy has really lost some shooting touch from the perimeter, that's for sure. Let's hope it's just a short-term slump. But at the same time, as good as he has been on defense and in ballhandling, if he were ripping threes at a 40% clip, it would almost be unfair.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #98
sefant77
Guru

He is a career 34% shooter from outside. He shouldnt take 2.5 attempts a game. And for sure not during a 12% slump.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #99
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=455978807734
Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #100
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Supreme acting skills.

Someone give that man an Oscar.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #101
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Uploaded it on YT!

Last edited by Dirkules41; 11-26-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #102
sefant77
Guru

Even in a 49sec comercial he has a turnover...
Old 11-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #103
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
The poor guy has really lost some shooting touch from the perimeter, that's for sure. Let's hope it's just a short-term slump. But at the same time, as good as he has been on defense and in ballhandling, if he were ripping threes at a 40% clip, it would almost be unfair.
I'd settle for him "ripping" shots from anywhere at a 40% clip.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #104
sefant77
Guru

bump

i still cant believe he took that three....
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #105
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

JJB is shooting 37% from the field, and 14% from three. For a guy playing 20 MPG that just is not acceptable. I imagine for players who get at least 20 MPG, he has the worst eFG% in the NBA.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #106
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Poor JJB. I really like the guy, but man is he mired in funk with his shot. I'm not upset with the minutes he's been getting recently, because Rick seems to have been dialing back his time at SG. Dallas is finding ways to win while keeping Kidd's minutes under control because of the PT that JJB's getting, and that's all to the good in my mind.

None of that's to say that I'm not finding myself hoping against hope that Booby will have picked up enough team-running maturity watching on the sidelines the past few months that he'll be able to win the backup PG spot after he gets back.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:06 AM   #107
dude1394
Guru

I don't think booby has a chance at running the team...as with everything booby, "I hope I'm wrong"...but I don't think so. JJB's shot needs to come around, it's a long season.

I like what jjb brings to the team...I'd like it a heck of a lot more if he weren't shooting so poorly. For any that want him off the team for his shooting, should really say the same about haywood. they are both helping the team as what, 8th, 9th, men? They've both got a lot of upside imo...
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #108
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't think booby has a chance at running the team...as with everything booby, "I hope I'm wrong"...but I don't think so. JJB's shot needs to come around, it's a long season.
It's definitely well short of a sure bet; conventional wisdom would seem to suggest that in order for him to get up to speed as a PG he needed to spend time playing the position, in practice at least. But I allow myself to hope because I've no doubt that his basic skill set is up to it. And lets be honest. If he could even do an adequate job 'running the team' as the backup pg for 15 mpg, while at the same time showing that his scoring flurries last season weren't a mirage, that would be a significant boon. I daresay you'd start to see more of these fast starts turn into 48-minute beat-downs.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #109
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think JJB's shooting touch is going to come around before the playoffs. It's perhaps like a fine wine this year that needs to age a bit more. He is doing well enough with the dribble penetration and passing but *when* his shot comes around it will do wonders for spacing the floor for that second unit. Everyone will benefit from it. It will happen and before the playoffs start! You can't keep a good man down. Especially a really short one...get it cuz he's already..yea

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #110
sefant77
Guru

Again, a career 33.1% 3p shooter who has a horrible 19.5% season going on thinks he should take a three with 20sec left on the shotclock because earlier he hit a deep desperation three...
Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #111
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The difference though is I guarantee you that Spolsta (or Riley) will not play Joel Anthony significant minutes in the playoffs. The same with Boston and Quis. The same with Orlando and Gortat. Blake will because they brought him in to do it.

But Barea will perhaps play major minutes in the playoffs.
Since Anthony is the best option the Heat have when facing athletic bigs, and is who the Heat use against Pau, Howard and Ama're, you would be wrong.

Juwan Howard is probably the Heat's Barea, but he doesn't have Napoleon Complex and is just old.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #112
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
Since Anthony is the best option the Heat have when facing athletic bigs, and is who the Heat use against Pau, Howard and Ama're, you would be wrong.

Juwan Howard is probably the Heat's Barea, but he doesn't have Napoleon Complex and is just old.
Howard is old enough to recite his tales from Napoleon's invasion of Russia
Old 01-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #113
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Zorsetacrorn: Although I think the forth point you make does have some merit most of the things you mention in your post are either not well thought out or totally wrong. I also think you might want to learn how to structure your sentences better. You don't really communicate that well.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #114
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Howard is old enough to recite his tales from Napoleon's invasion of Russia

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #115
Bayliss

Quote:
Howard is old enough to recite his tales from Napoleon's invasion of Russia.
Howard is only a month older than Kidd.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #116
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Ouch...That is going to leave a mark... As dirk says, he's only 58..
Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #117
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Way to kill a joke...buzzkill
Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #118
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
And Howard knows his limitations. He is doing exactly what the Heat wanted from him. Mentor the young guys, set a good example and play when call on. He isn't going to be the reason you win but he isn't going to cost you one either.

It's amazing how many bigs in the NBA can't set a screen or box out properly.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wilmtalkwithapsych!