Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #1001
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I was at the game 7 Sacto win. That was amazing. But, this was a much better game.

I'm not willing to say which game was the best one ever (whether it was getting to WCF's a few years ago or back in the late 80's). But, this one could be it simply because the Mavs are finally legitimately good enough to win a title in my opinion.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #1002
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Chum - I'd argue with MFFL that this was indeed the best Mavericks game ever. I mean ever. And I have seen basically all of them. I cannot remember a game like this including the ones you mentioned (which were all great).
As of now, the '88 game still has the nod. It gave us a chance to play in the NBA Finals, as opposed to the conference finals, and it was against a far, far, far, far, far better team than this Sppurs squad. This game probably buried the Spurs, though, and if that results in our first Finals berth--as I expect it will--than it becomes the biggest win of all time. But there are still five wins between now and then. And goodness, if the Spurs get froggy, there will still be a bigger win yet in this series.

I doubt it, though. I expect the Mavs to win one of the next two, unceremoniously.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #1003
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved the 88 game, but I still contend this game was the best. We shattered all of the mental funks that have ever infested the Mavs. In one sweet ass kicking, we broke all of the mental chains that have held us down and we stuck a barrel of black powder under our butts to make ready for the shot to the championship.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #1004
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I was at the game 7 Sacto win. That was amazing. But, this was a much better game.

I'm not willing to say which game was the best one ever (whether it was getting to WCF's a few years ago or back in the late 80's). But, this one could be it simply because the Mavs are finally legitimately good enough to win a title in my opinion.
You make a fine argument, and I am tempted to thusly label this as the biggest win in franchise history. But I am also inclined to discount the level of competition. We'll see.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #1005
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

That one was almost too stressful...

And I can't remember ever hearing the AAC that loud (from TV) in the first half, guess a record crowd will do that.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #1006
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dirk and Terry in the post game presser....they are hilarious.

Terry sits down and the mike is off center. Dirk reaches over and straightens it. Terry calls him the decoy and thanks him for the assist. LOL!

Last edited by Drbio; 05-16-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #1007
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Biggest play of the game: 38 seconds left, Spurs up 108-107, and Brent Barry can't connect on an inbounds pass to Finley.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:12 AM   #1008
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

HOW 'BOUT THEM MAVS!!! Greatest game I've ever seen in person anyway.

So were we loud enough tonight ya'll??!!!

Damn I thought Mike was going to kill us, damn near did kill me.

Go MAVS...Close this bugger out.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #1009
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

dirk is the most efficient player in the league now!!!he is as good as it gets...he scores 27-28points on 9-12 shots...i'm proud of the way jt,harris,stack and warrior dirk played tonight....lets close it out wednesday.

go mavs
Old 05-16-2006, 01:14 AM   #1010
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wow.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:21 AM   #1011
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

GLORIOUS GLORIOUS GLORIES TO THE MAVERICKS!

To Dirk, the Best 7'er in the Game!
To JET the clutchiest clutch clutch point guard in the game!
To our 12-foul Center!
To StackAttack, the 6th Man of the Real Season!
To Devin Harris, America's answer to the French and Tony Parker!
To Avery Johnson with the best 100 gameish head coaching start ever!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #1012
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So what size stones is dirk carrying around to hit those two fts to tie it?

Must be really heavy heaving those things up and down stairs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #1013
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Dirk and Jet are just great all around classy guys, both on and off the court. I'm proud to be rooting for them, and this awesome team. It's truly an honor to watch these great guys play.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:39 AM   #1014
dude1394
Guru

So did anyone see the ladies flashing in the stands? At least I think that's what they were doing, they had a firm talking to but were let back to their seats.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:14 AM   #1015
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully we get KVH back for the next game to spell Dirk some rest, jeez the dude's beaten up. And it's time for the Killer to be back:

Killer being part of the guys
Old 05-16-2006, 02:45 AM   #1016
demosthenes247

demosthenes247 is on a distinguished road

haha "Although the Spurs won 64 games and the Mavericks 63, because they were in the same division, the Mavericks dropped to the fourth slot, setting up the second-round meeting." -http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/16/sports/basketball/16notebook.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

nice to see the ny times is so accurate:
demosthenes247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:23 AM   #1017
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Hopefully we get KVH back for the next game to spell Dirk some rest, jeez the dude's beaten up. And it's time for the Killer to be back:

Killer being part of the guys
I feel bad for the guy. He's putting his hand up for a high five and not getting any love

*tear* I know how that feels....22 years of counseling......I know, I know..........
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:33 AM   #1018
demosthenes247

demosthenes247 is on a distinguished road

why parker missed those two fts:
demosthenes247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:35 AM   #1019
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

That kid with the cut-out of TP's girl's head made him miss.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:46 AM   #1020
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

my friend saw that and I completely missed.

Are there people making up highlight videos? I want a copy of that Diop block in OT against Duncan among other stellar moments I want to relive over and over
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #1021
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

please see my second sig...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #1022
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
my friend saw that and I completely missed.

Are there people making up highlight videos? I want a copy of that Diop block in OT against Duncan among other stellar moments I want to relive over and over
I found something that doesn't deal with the playoffs, but with Dirk. It's a trailer for a mix that is - according to the one who published it - gonna be 40+ minutes long!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMq94...arch=Mavericks

Some nice quotes at the beginning of the clip, which will be in my sig in a few minutes...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #1023
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Here's a random video of Howard breaking Ginobilli's henckles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sic3...arch=Mavericks

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 05-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #1024
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
I believe. In Avery I trust. Stick a fork in the Spurs, for they are done.

Mavs by 5.
Not a bad prediction if I do say so myself! I could not be more proud to be a Mavs fan right now. Not only have we outplayed the Spurs, but I think we have truly outclassed them. This team has matured so much since Avery took over. The best thing that could have ever happened to them! I remember early in the season if a team made a run like the Spurs have done the past two games, the Mavs would get nervous and blow any chance of winning the game. Not now. They are a true joy to watch. I'm more in love than ever with Terry. He's lucky I'm married or else he'd probably have to take out a restraining order.

Can't wait for game 5! Thank God we don't have to wait 3 or 4 days. Tomorrow night we could very well knock out the giant that we knew would be our biggest obstacle this year on the road to a championship. Greatness.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #1025
Arne
Golden Member

Did someone get that LBJ quote? "We don't listen to anybody, we don't listen to Charles Barkley, offcourse. Never....ever."

Old 05-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #1026
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

We still have no answers for Duncan. If the Spurs can secure some offensive rebounds the series can be different now. I don't see the Spurs to roll over and die in game 5 and I doubt many posters here will think that way. If there's ever a best time to end the series, it'll be game 5.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #1027
nowitzki_5mffl41

nowitzki_5mffl41 will become famous soon enough

Hey Arne that was nice vedio.

Tony Parker's ft vedio was funny. lol
nowitzki_5mffl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #1028
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
We still have no answers for Duncan. If the Spurs can secure some offensive rebounds the series can be different now. I don't see the Spurs to roll over and die in game 5 and I doubt many posters here will think that way. If there's ever a best time to end the series, it'll be game 5.
The Mavs play and the adjustments the Spurs have to make have a lot to do with the Spurs not getting a whole lot of offenseive rebounds.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #1029
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard to get offensive rebounds when you only have 1 rebounder on the court. Wow what an effing fantabulous game.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote