Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-01-2018, 07:06 AM   #161
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Bamba -- one of these guys is going to be the next Fultz... I didn't include MPJ because he's already a known risk, but at least one of the guys I just mentioned is going to be a flat-out bust. That's just how it works.

Had had DSJ ranked over Fultz leading up to the draft, glad things turned out the way they did!
Man I definitely did not. Like most, Fultz was my #1 player. I’m sure we would’ve taken him at 1 had we had that pick. The writing was on the wall with the Celtics trading down to 3 though. They have been excellent at both asset management and drafting. If they didn’t want him it should’ve been a red flag. Major props to Danny Ainge who in my eyes is the best GM in the game.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #162
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Major props to Danny Ainge who in my eyes is the best GM in the game.
Much as I dislike Ainge, he is killing it as a GM for sure. Also have to give serious props to Brad Stevens. His coaching ability to draw high quality play from his entire team is amazing. He's lost his 2 franchise players and still is winning in the playoffs. It sucks because I really don't want to be a Celtics fan but they are making it hard right now.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #163
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Bamba -- one of these guys is going to be the next Fultz... I didn't include MPJ because he's already a known risk, but at least one of the guys I just mentioned is going to be a flat-out bust. That's just how it works.

Had had DSJ ranked over Fultz leading up to the draft, glad things turned out the way they did!
Look at this interview when he is asked about his mystery injury. He completely avoids the question....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eLXObuP00E

The kid is shell shocked, but I think a large part of it has to do with how good the sixers are and the expectations of being the number 1 pick. He has plenty of time to get it together. Whether he has the BBIQ or not is yet to be determined.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #164
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Melo is a total POS... always has been. If I’m the Thunder I tell him if he doesn’t want to come off the bench he needs to decline his option. Grow a pair and stop catering to these fucking scrubs just because they still got a little swag from back when they didn’t suck (which quite honestly I don’t know when that was for Melo).
Back to Melo...

Watch this, i died

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/9...22537635201024
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #165
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

"Melo only cares about jab step long twos." ROFLMAO !
Old 05-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #166
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't think the league will stay healthy if they keep on with the star treatment. Lebron clearly deserved a technical foul dribbling the ball like a madman.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:39 PM   #167
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Playoff Raps stupid as usual
Old 05-01-2018, 09:40 PM   #168
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I really don't think the league will stay healthy if they keep on with the star treatment. Lebron clearly deserved a technical foul dribbling the ball like a madman.
Because the fans love the stars and their crap. Just look at the ratings, even for the borderline retarded allstar game.

Dont blame the league, blame all the people who keep on watching this crap and paying for this crap.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #169
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

lol Raptors. Another year. Same result.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #170
sefant77
Guru

Last edited by sefant77; 05-01-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:46 PM   #171
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I tend to believe the team with the best player generally wins come playoff time.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #172
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
While the Raptors star player DeRozan gets completely clocked in the jaw with a flying elbow ... common foul. It would have been an ejection if that had been Lebron.

Quote:
The Raptors really look like this too. At some point, their main guy has to step up and lead the team just like Dirk has done. DeRozan was missing shots and passing the ball at the end of the game last night, playing like he was scared. The only guy truly fighting was Valanciunas but he couldn't get the ball to go down despite repeated offensive rebounds and putbacks.

I was predicting a Raptors / Sixers ECF, but looks like both teams have mental hurdles to overcome. The chances of the Cavs reaching the Finals are really high yet again even with a new team halfway through the season and an offense that consists of Lebron.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #173
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Derozan had like 3 points or something ridiculous in the 2nd half. Constantly chokes in the playoffs. What a joke.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #174
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Derozan had like 3 points or something ridiculous in the 2nd half. Constantly chokes in the playoffs. What a joke.
I once thought he had superstar potential, but he comes up short of that when you need him most.

Cavs also match up pretty well against them and have the best player in the series.

Also, I dunno if it's just me, but Jonas looks big and slow out there. It's the flip side for people who cry for Bamba to add weight.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:20 PM   #175
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Pains me to say this but Dwayne Casey is a terrible coach. He is so slow to make adjustments. Masai should've canned him when he had the chance. He left two bigs out on the court for like 5 minutes too long after Cleveland went small. Let the Cavs shooters find a rhythm. I was screaming at him to adjust. Burning timeouts at weird times. Had 5-10 Lowrey inbound on the 5 second call..

Also, Ibaka is toast. he plays like he's about 55 years old out there. His only surviving skill is to space the floor. The Raptors could really use another small ball 4 that can shoot and defend (CJ Miles doesnt quite count). PJ Tucker or DeMare Carroll.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #176
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, I dunno if it's just me, but Jonas looks big and slow out there. It's the flip side for people who cry for Bamba to add weight.
He had a pretty efficient 20/20 game and was basically the only guy the Cavaliers had no hope of guarding. Maybe a limited player in some matchups, but I thought he was the best player on the floor yesterday. Absolutely murdered Kevin Love all night long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Pains me to say this but Dwayne Casey is a terrible coach. He is so slow to make adjustments. Masai should've canned him when he had the chance. He left two bigs out on the court for like 5 minutes too long after Cleveland went small. Let the Cavs shooters find a rhythm. I was screaming at him to adjust. Burning timeouts at weird times. Had 5-10 Lowrey inbound on the 5 second call..
The Raptors should have won that game. They outplayed the Cavs for at least the first 3 1/2 quarters, and late in the game they missed about 10 bunnies right at the rim. I love Dwayne Casey, even if he might not be the coach that can lead the Raptors to a title.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #177
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Harden begging for calls flopping and getting them. Dude is nothing without his crutch. Such a lowlife cheater.

Last edited by mac222b; 05-02-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #178
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Harden begging for calls flopping and getting them. Dude is nothing without his crutch. Such a lowlife cheater.
Yeah, refs are definitely letting the defender be a little more physical on him.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #179
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic game of free throws this has turned into. SO RIVETING.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:51 PM   #180
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Dude this made me LOL. Only thing that’s missing is Sarah Mclachlan singing in the background.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #181
mac222b
Diamond Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/jazz-fan-ca...154315439.html
Old 05-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #182
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol get out his face. Sounds like a whiny internet kid.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #183
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
the NBA has to fine his ass...you cant attack a fan just because he calls you a flopper
Old 05-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #184
mac222b
Diamond Member

Does anyone think the Jazz have a decent chance? Their homecrowd should be cooking. Would love to see the looks on the faces of Cliff Troll and Flop and Dantoni if they go down 2-1
Old 05-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #185
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
the NBA has to fine his ass...you cant attack a fan just because he calls you a flopper
Absolutely. He didn't even lean over the rails or shove the phone in his face. Harden reached over to him to knock it and why? Because he's super thin skinned and insecure as fuck.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #186
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

NBA is just a comedy show with how they protect their stars. I'm still waiting for a decent crowd to really take over a game or series and then see how the NBA would react. This is what "home court advantage" looks when real fans are involved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbd0YgDdR4E
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #187
BPo001
Diamond Member

Raptors must have nightmares about Lebron. Dude is torching them again.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #188
BPo001
Diamond Member

David Fizdale new coach for NYK.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...cks-head-coach
Old 05-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #189
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Raptors must have nightmares about Lebron. Dude is torching them again.
i would give him as 34y old a super max deal without blinking (too bad we cant)...

Dude is spending over a million/year in taking care of this body. He has a cryo chamber built in his house...

Last edited by sefant77; 05-03-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #190
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Toronto is going to have to think long and hard about firing Casey if they lose in 4 or 5. The big dilemma, of course, is who do you replace him with. Still, you can't have the success they've had and lose out like this without heads rolling.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #191
sefant77
Guru

Old 05-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #192
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Great show by LeBron... and same old Raptors... lol

Game had a crucial all-time bad call at the end of the first half though against Lowry. He clearly had position against LeBron, but got whistled for a blocking foul. That was hilariously wrong, especially because it seemed the ref thought about it for a second and still got it wrong. Now in a blowout, hard to reason that it would have mattered. But if the Raps get that call, and end the half on a run instead of the Cavs. Who knows...

Refs missing this shit or intentionally handing it to LeBron is just insanely annoying and shouldn't go unnoticed in league's office.

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-03-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #193
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Toronto is going to have to think long and hard about firing Casey if they lose in 4 or 5. The big dilemma, of course, is who do you replace him with. Still, you can't have the success they've had and lose out like this without heads rolling.
I feel they lose in 4 or 5 they have to blow it up. Im sure Derozen is untouchable, but I wonder what the asking price would be?
Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #194
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Gotta love the C's. Well coached, high character team. And Sixers apparently don't know what timeouts are good for.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:58 PM   #195
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Gotta love the C's. Well coached, high character team. And Sixers apparently don't know what timeouts are good for.
Without Hayward and Irving...thats crazy.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #196
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #197
sefant77
Guru

Omg "LeBronto" is awesome...The Raps are never going to lose this name

Last edited by sefant77; 05-03-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:05 PM   #198
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Without Hayward and Irving...thats crazy.
Kinda excited to see how good they can be with those 2 back. I think they could at least challenge GS/Houston in the finals in the future.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #199
BPo001
Diamond Member

Another DNP for Fultz. Tatum scores 21. Maybe Tatum should have been #1 overall? Dr. J thinks so.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...tum-no-1-draft
Old 05-04-2018, 12:34 AM   #200
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Casey is so bad. Raps were rolling and then he left CJ Miles on an island alone with Kevin Love who straight abused him repeatedly. They didn’t go to Valenciunas down low. He stuck with worthless Ibaka way too long. They could easily be up 2-0 and have the better team. Casey is a baddddd coach