Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need some help from people who have been to games at the AAC

I have never been to a game at the AAC and i finally am out of college(translate have a job and can afford to waste money on my favorite team) What i need to know is where is the best seating relative to value? I can spend pretty much anywhere from 10 bucks to 70 or so per ticket. Know thats not gonna get amazing seats or anything but hoping it will be at least semi decent. Im going to the raptors/mavs on 11/20. Anyone else going to that particular game and if so where will you be seated?

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-02-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I myself prefer quantity to quality, and usually choose seats as cheap as I can in order to go to more games. There aren't a lot of "bad seats" in that place really. Sitting in the lower bowl every once in a while is nice, but ultimately I think the game is what dictates how good of a time I have.

As I'm sure people are tired of hearing about, I have season tickets to Stars games @ the AAC, and I sit in 314. I have several mavs games purchased for after the xmas break, and they're scattered around....314, 318, 324, to name a few.

I saw a Stars game on monday from section 324, row C, which is that skinny patch of seats that's the lowest you can get while in the upper bowl. The difference between those 60 dollar seats, and the 30 dollar seats right above them, was definitely not worth twice the price.

Have fun. It's my favorite place to be.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-02-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

thats the kind of info i wanted to know. Was there much difference between the closer part of the upper bowl and the further back part of the upper bowl. Ie i could buy 2 tickets for $14 total in 329(i prefer the center to the baseline) or i could go to about $25 bucks total for a slightly better seat. I was also told there are alot of empty seats in the lower bowl and you can move down after the first quarter.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

324 row N. $17 a piece. Worth it? Also how much is parking?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

N is pretty far back, just FYI. If you're the kind of person who never goes, you may want to get a little closer. After you go a lot, you stop caring, but I could see you being disappointed with that if you don't go a lot and are expecting a kick ass experience.

Parking can be $10, or $15 if you get there late and need to find a lot desperately. I saw a $20 lot once, but not too many of those.There's also a $5 lot down the street under Woodall Rogers frwy, but it's not worth it. It takes 40 minutes to get out of that damned lot.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

im planning on going to at least 10 games this year so this is partially a learning experience but i need my girlfriend to have fun so she'll come back. On second thought im thinking 310 row L. Aisle seat. That says its dead center and id prefer an aisle seat as well as being in the middle. Its 19.99 a piece. Anyone sat in that area?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

310 Row L is nice. That's over underneath the press box, and I much prefer that side of the arena to the other side (the 320's). Also, you can't under estimate the value of the aisle seat. Especially if you're a beer drinker like me.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-02-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
310 Row L is nice. That's over underneath the press box, and I much prefer that side of the arena to the other side (the 320's). Also, you can't under estimate the value of the isle seat. Especially if you're a beer drinker like me.
yeah thats kinda what i was thinking. one other thing i noticed is that baseline seats that are closer are cheap. IE you can get in 310 row A(which im assuming is the front row) of the baseline seats for $15. Im thinking id prefer the side but curious if anyone has been there.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-02-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

i have officially purchased my first tickets to a mavs game at the AAC(i went to some games at reunion when i was little)
Old 11-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

i dunno, i usually seat in section 108 row L. Its okay, but 106-107 would have been better.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote