Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Feb 3rd 08, 2 : 30 PM ET Mavs @ Detroit

Station ABC

Last edited by GermanDunk; 02-03-2008 at 09:57 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #2
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas Mavericks at Detroit Pistons preview

1:30 p.m. today (Ch. 8; ESPN-FM 103.3 FM, KFLC-AM 1270 in Spanish)
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com

Who's hot? Dirk Nowitzki

Coach Avery Johnson says to forget the numbers, that Nowitzki is having his best season ever, even topping the MVP campaign last season. Even if you don't throw out the numbers, it's hard to argue with Johnson of late. Nowitzki is averaging 27.3 points, 10.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.75 blocks in the last four games. He's 28-of-29 from the free throw line in that span. ... The Pistons have won four in a row. ... Richard Hamilton has averaged 20.5 points during the winning streak and had a team-best 18 in the first meeting against the Mavericks. He's shooting 58 percent from the field in the last eight games. ... Chauncey Billups has made 60 of his last 63 free throw attempts (95.2 percent).

Who's not? Rasheed Wallace

At the very least, he's a little chilly. He is coming off a 3-of-13 shooting night against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday. It should be noted that in two victories before that, he had 24 points on 10-of-18 shooting and 15 points on 7-of-8 shooting. ... Antonio McDyess is having a splendid season but has hit just 12 of 29 shots during the Pistons' winning streak. ... Jason Maxiell is 1-of-7 with four points in the last two games. He averages 8.2 points per game.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What the heck is up with the GDT? Is this a Pistons Fan trying to get mavs fans to miss the game?

Per my schedule, this game is at 1:30.

Ah...my german friend is making this ze german thread.

Okay...I'm cool.

Mavs 97-90! They put spot on the block.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-03-2008 at 09:51 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
What the heck is up with the GDT? Is this a Pistons Fan trying to get mavs fans to miss the game?

Okay...I'm cool.

Sorry dude - i messed it up - and postet the LAL times. I also corrected the stations but couldn´t edit the headlines

Last edited by GermanDunk; 02-03-2008 at 12:00 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #5
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Lets watch it!!!
Come on Mavs!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:

Okay...I'm cool.

Die bösen Deutschen!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #7
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Ja, hier kommt man mit den Anstoß/Tip-/Kick- offzeiten ganz schon an Schwimmen dran.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Whatever happened to Tayshaun Prince? He used to be a rising all-star like Josh Howard.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Die bösen Deutschen!

Ja wird unser schlechter Deutscher Esel einiger Kolben treten.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #10
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Quote:
Ja wird unser schlechter Deutscher Esel einiger Kolben treten.
Our bad German donkey of some pistons will kick

--> The english equivalent to your german sentence
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Starting at 11:30 here out west.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Can´t edit the headline
Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo
Our bad German donkey of some pistons will kick

--> The english equivalent to your german sentence
Funny...now you put that into the altavista translater and you get.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Our bad German donkey of some pistons will step.

So how do you say.

"Our bad german is going to kick some piston ass!"
Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

well, pistons remains... pistons
"Unser böse Deutsche wird den Pistons heute in den Arsch treten."

It's not 100% literal, but it gets across the point.

Babelfish's re-translation:
Our bad German will step the Pistons today into the ass.

which leads me to the conclusion: Babelfish sucks
Anyhooo, Our bad german is going to kick some piston ass today, Mavs win 101 -94

Last edited by Pongo; 02-03-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I thought I was going to have to miss the super bowl....

Go go, little mavericks!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are for real sports fans.

Watching the Patriot yawnfest? The superbowl will be as spicy as avocado on boiled celery.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #17
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

LoL

A nice conversation develops from my short German statement.

Nevertheless, here a statement of Sheed:
Quote:
Sheed On Mavs: 'They Don't Have Big Men'
February 3, 2008 - 10:36 am

Detroit Free Press - Heading into Sunday's battle with the Dallas Mavericks , Pistons' forward Rasheed Wallace didn't hold anything back.

"They don't have no real big men, actually. The only real big man I'd say is Damp (Eric Dampier) because he fits that classic big man mold. ... But they've got a lot of slashers on their team. It's a team full of slashers. I'm not saying they're not good, but, hey, in order to hold their slashing down, put their (butt) on the chop blocks," Wallace told the Detroit Free Press.

Link
Let´s kill ´em all.

GO MAVS!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 02-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

What a day! The mavs and the super bowl back to back. It's couch potato heaven. Only thing better would be the mavs, then the cowboys in the bowl ruining the pats perfect season. Oh well.

Anyone think I should do the over/under for U2? He must be praying hard at church for a mavs win.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I really really fn hate Bill Walton
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #20
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
I really really fn hate Bill Walton
I was glad Jon Barry shut him up with his comment. It's about flavor of the weeks and right now the flavor of the week is the Lakers. Last week it was the Hornets. A week ago it was probably the Mavs. Next week, it could be the Spurs. But sadly, the Mavs are just going to have to hear these conversations until late April.

Last edited by Stylistic; 02-03-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #21
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

It's comical how Walton changes his bit every month and sometimes b/w interviews.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

GO MAVS!!!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #23
Willstar

Willstar is on a distinguished road

lets talk more german!

Willstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #24
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willstar
lets talk more german!
Des is ned so eifach, wenns do d´zu noch hessisch is
Old 02-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

hell yeah damp, who said we have no big man
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #26
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

get it off this terrible camera angle.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #27
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

and dirk shows some D
Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #28
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, testing the three, thats fine...
Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #29
endrity
Platinum Member

sheed has bad feet
Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

this camera angle is unbearable
Old 02-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #31
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
Des is ned so eifach, wenns do d´zu noch hessisch is
Ei Gude wie?

Mer kenn auch gern Hessisch babbele.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #32
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

YES Terry, YES! More of that please.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #33
Willstar

stream?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

after losing to boston without kg, I really want this game
Old 02-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #35
Willstar

Quote:
Ei Gude wie?

Mer kenn auch gern Hessisch babbele.
ned hessisch bidde
hochdeutsch danke

Old 02-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #36
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

To see this Game online. Go to this Site: Link and click VJB 1. It will ask you to add some Software. Do it and watch! Nice Quality!

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #37
fluid.forty.one

Nice to see Damp that aggressive
Old 02-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #38
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Man, too bad no one told Damp that we don't have a big man.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #39
endrity
Platinum Member

Damp got some motivation today
Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #40
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ei Gude wie?
Naja, muß ja...

so wie die Mavericks...