Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-16-2002, 03:01 PM   #41
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

If someone offers Wang or Eddie more than the exception, I'll eat my own feces.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2002, 03:04 PM   #42
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Madape, I'm with you. Lewis or nothing. We don't need to sign people just to fill out the roster. Nellie hardly goes past 8 or 9 deep anyway. As for the 13-15 ir spots, who cares. We should just fill out the roster with cheap youth
Old 08-16-2002, 03:36 PM   #43
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

2001-2002

Marshal 14.8pts 7.6reb 1.7ast 1.6blk .86stl .519FG% .3103PT%

Lewis 16.8pts 7.0reb 1.7ast .56blk 1.46stl .468FG% .3893PT%

Not too much of a difference if you ask me.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:44 PM   #44
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

You haven't met either one of these players, and neither have I. Although I imagine the Nellie's have, and they don't seem to interested in Marshall. You'd have to think there was a reason for that.
Dallas seems to bring in only players with character. Apparently Marshall has a bad character, same with Keon. If there is any questions character wise why bring them in unless they are going to make a huge difference.
Lewis on the other hand, is said to be quiet and humble. A perfect fit to the Mavs, and he has talent to boot
Old 08-16-2002, 03:48 PM   #45
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

Well now we won't get to see either one of them here so get ready for Russell to play the 3.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:50 PM   #46
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If someone offers Wang or Eddie more than the exception, I'll eat my own feces.

LOL. I think I will start up an internet campaign to get the Clips or Warriors to offer Wang a penny over the exception. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:57 PM   #47
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

If we signed Lewis there would be no holes in our roster, Nellie. I know you think you're thinking mathematically, but you're not thinking logically. One player does not replace another player in a rotation; one player's MINUTES replace another player's minutes in a rotation, and minutes fluctuate depending on the skill of a player. If we signed Marshall, he'd be getting 20-25 minutes a game here at SF, and THEN we might have some holes- the rest of the small forward minutes would need to be filled by guys like Najera and Griffin, or else some member of your beloved Crap-Ass Crew might be needed. However, if we acquired Lewis, then he, Dirk, Finley, and Nash would all be taking up 35-40 minutes a game, while Raef, Bradley, and Esch would be splitting up almost all of the minutes at center. This leaves only some 25-30 minutes a game for Nick, Griffin, Najera, and our second-rate players. If anything, we would have serious problems finding minutes for all of our competent players. Having a 15-man roster is NOT a necessity- it is a luxury brought to you by our beloved owner Mark Cuban, and one we definitely would not need to enjoy if Rashard was brought aboard....
Old 08-16-2002, 04:59 PM   #48
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Whoops, that last post was actually written by Mavinator, and accidentally posted under his brother's ID... damn cookies... sorry folks...
Old 08-16-2002, 06:54 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:05 PM   #50
Red White and Blue

Red White and Blue is on a distinguished road

I agree with Nellie, I wonder what everyone will say when Lewis signs with the Sonics.
Red White and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote