Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-25-2003, 10:11 AM   #41
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Quincy Carter is the Starter

Did anyone actually hear the press conference? Parcells kept saying that Carter is "the best QB right now", we're going to let him "start for the first part of the season". He in no way gave the job to Carter for the whole season. In fact, I think it's his plan to continue to evaluate Carter's ability to be a decent NFL quarterback, while at the same time evaluating whether Hutchinson can be a franchise QB. I fear it's going to be like 2002 all over again, in that every time Carter screws up (which we all know he will), the whole town will be screaming for Hutch... ESPECIALLY if Hutch starts to develop the way his talent dictates that he should. I think the comments made by Parcells indicate that he thinks much more highly of Hutchinson's upside than he does Carter. He spoke of Hutch in terms of a prospect - letting him develop in AAA before throwing him into the big leagues. Whereas he really didn't anything really nice to say about Carter - cuch as his criticism of Carter's running ability. Next year, I predict that Carter will not be on this team. We will bring a veteran in to be the full time starter for 2004, or another draft a blue chip rookie to compete witch Chad for the distinction of franchise QB of the future, or both. A lot of it depends on Quincy's performance, which we all know won't be good enough to garner real consideration for the starter of 2004. But even more will depend on Hutch's development. If he proves himself to be a dud of a prospect, it's time to draft a new guy. If he proves to have some upside, we'll pick up a veteran. If he comes on like a bull, forget about it, he'll start next year. But regardless, he's no where close to being able to lead this team right now. Only time will tell if he'll ever be able to do it. But the fact that he's still on this team, that he was picked up in the first place, indicates that the Cowboys have zero confidence that Quincy can be the franchise QB of the future.

But we'll ride this roller coaster one last time. I just hope and pray that this is the last year of the Quincy Carter Era.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2003, 10:27 AM   #42
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Quincy Carter is the Starter

I heard the press conference on Saturday; did you hear the press conference on Sunday? Parcells was trying to bolster his statements about Q-Car. Near as I can tell, Parcells looked at the film and determined Hutch wasn't ready. He went to mini-camp and started leaning towards Q from day 1.

But generally, your thoughts are right Ape. But I am confident that if there is a QB worth taking when they draft next year, that QB will be taken.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
I for one am happy that Carter will start. I hope he starts all 16 games. If he does then the Boys have an OUTSTANDING chance for the #1 pick in next year's draft.
MFFL, my friend, you are a man who sees the big picture.

The thing I'm happiest about is that Bill Parcells didn't acquire a mediocre QB or RB this offseason that would have prevented him from pursuing the No. 1 pick. Genius.

Momma Parcells didn't raise no fool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:33 PM   #44
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Parcell's saying "The best qb now" when referring to Carter is to just throw the fans and the media off. He has done this all offseason long and I believe i'm actually starting to catch on to it. Everyone thinks that evertime Parcell's says something or makes a comment there is always something behind it. I'm starting ot think that maybe there isn't. Maybe he is just stating what he really feels to the media.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:37 PM   #45
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
I for one am happy that Carter will start. I hope he starts all 16 games. If he does then the Boys have an OUTSTANDING chance for the #1 pick in next year's draft.
MFFL, my friend, you are a man who sees the big picture.

The thing I'm happiest about is that Bill Parcells didn't acquire a mediocre QB or RB this offseason that would have prevented him from pursuing the No. 1 pick. Genius.

KG, you think Parcells would actually not get a mediocre qb just so that we can get the number 1 pick? With our D there is no way we should end up with the number 1 pick. I expect a running back or a lineman to be drafted. A qb should be picked up in free agency. To all of those season ticket holders and to every Cowboy fan in america I don't think Parcells would rig a season just to secure a number 1 pick. I think Parcells does want to win. Win every game this season. Thats not going to happen because of the offense but I think its a win-win situation for Bill.

1996-2005
Old 08-25-2003, 07:06 PM   #46
Drbio
Banned

As long as Hutchisuck and Qspare are our QB's we are in the running for a high draft pick.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:36 PM   #47
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
As long as Hutchisuck and Qspare are our QB's we are in the running for a high draft pick.

I said we wouldn't have the number 1 pick. We are going to have a top 10 maybe even top 5 pick.

1996-2005
Old 08-25-2003, 08:56 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

If you revise that to 1-5 I might agree. No way we play well enough behind either spare ass QB, our no-talent running backs, this offensive line and the inevitable injuries that occur over the season to get enough wins to keep us out of the top 5 picks.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:59 PM   #49
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
If you revise that to 1-5 I might agree. No way we play well enough behind either spare ass QB, our no-talent running backs, this offensive line and the inevitable injuries that occur over the season to get enough wins to keep us out of the top 5 picks.

Parcells says he thinks the o-line will be fine. Hambrick says he is going to wait till the regular season to showcase what he has. I really don't know what to expect because if they can't have a effective running game in preseason I don't understand how they will have one in the regular season. You could argue that since it is preseason we aren't really showcasing anything but just trying to find roster fillers. I expect a much better offense in regular season but I don't expect to put up even 14 a game. If we could put that up as a average I think we may end up alright if the D learns how to pash rush a bit more. Glover can't do it all.

1996-2005
Old 08-26-2003, 05:13 AM   #50
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

Some of you are in for a rude awakening when it comes to Quincy Carter, wait and see!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:35 AM   #51
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

FFM, I just don't see the Cowboys winning more than 5 games. That should put us in the running for a top 5 pick.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:50 PM   #52
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Some of you are in for a rude awakening when it comes to Quincy Carter, wait and see!
I agree. He is going to suck much harder than most of us think. Was that what you meant? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 04:55 PM   #53
QCarFan
Golden Member

Nope, I meant he was going to playa lot better than some of you think.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:45 PM   #54
Drbio
Banned

Naw...you had it right the first time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 12:00 AM   #55
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

i see Dallas getting between the 8th and 10th pick, and drafting an impact Defensive lineman. It's what they are clearly missing, and what could turn this defense into a great unit.
and he'll pick a RB with the 2nd, if there's quality, and mabe even a QB (if there's a huge sleeper). BUT, i expect the next draft to be lineman heavy, on both sides of the ball.

BUT if Manning slips to DAllas at 8 or 10, scrap this, and take him,at least that's what i'd do.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:46 AM   #56
QCarFan
Golden Member

This team does not need a QB, after Quincy lead this team to new heights you guys will see. He is the QB of the future for the Dallas Cowboys and will prove it next season.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:57 AM   #57
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
This team desperately needs a QB, after Quincy Farter lead this team to new low you guys will see. He is the Ex-QB of the future for the Dallas Cowboys and will prove it in the next 2-3 games.
Interesting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 07:34 PM   #58
QCarFan
Golden Member

Knock Knock.....Who's There?

QUINCY CARTER

He is proving it game after game, this is the guy!
Old 08-28-2003, 07:48 PM   #59
Drbio
Banned

Man...someone is going to fall awfully damn hard.....and over a spare that couldn't be the third string qb on most NFL teams. I hope you have a ncie soft spot to fall onto.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:59 PM   #60
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I agree

So why not use the Draft pick on a REAL QB like...................Eli Manning. Hell, he has HOF'mer QB written all over him. Its even in his family genes. What more could you ask for.

But It would be cool for QCar to be an answer at QB too. So then, if the Boys did get a high draft pick, they could use it on the best player in the draft, Kellen Winslow II TE Miami. Put him together with the high flyin recievin' corps and you have the new greatest show on turf.

Ahhh........but that's a pipe dream. Cowboys still need a QB to run the show.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:08 PM   #61
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Knock Knock.....Who's There?

QUINCY CARTER

He is proving it game after game, this is the guy!
Lets not go crazy here. He passed for 239 yards but over 100 yards of it came from two apathetic plays by the Raider defense.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:10 PM   #62
Drbio
Banned

in a preseason game........

Qtard has a long way to go to reach respectibility.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:12 PM   #63
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: NYCdog
Quote:
I agree

So why not use the Draft pick on a REAL QB like...................Eli Manning. Hell, he has HOF'mer QB written all over him. Its even in his family genes. What more could you ask for.

But It would be cool for QCar to be an answer at QB too. So then, if the Boys did get a high draft pick, they could use it on the best player in the draft, Kellen Winslow II TE Miami. Put him together with the high flyin recievin' corps and you have the new greatest show on turf.

Ahhh........but that's a pipe dream. Cowboys still need a QB to run the show.

manning has imploded the last couple of seasons right when he was poised to be the next great nfl QB. now he survives more on reputation than actual production. i've seen some games where he throws 3 or 4 int's into triple coverage and it just makes me scratch my head.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:22 PM   #64
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
i've seen some games where he throws 3 or 4 int's into triple coverage and it just makes me scratch my head.
Reminds me of Qcraptacular last season and hopefully not this year.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:29 PM   #65
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

btw i was talking about peyton but i digress.

i dont think carter will be anything spectacular this season, but then again i think parcells will play carter close to the vest and allow him to develop. he'll keep it to short out or quick hitch and go's as well as mixing in occasional deep bombs while staying away from the crossing patterns and deep crosses that carter has trouble throwing.

i think qbs now are so much more a product of their system that sometimes when there skills don't improve, they tend to get by on reputation. manning has been nothing special these past 2 seasons, and frankly i dont think carter is as bad as people think he is.

lets all wait until at least game 3 or 4 to doom the carter experiment a failure. im interested to see how he'll do when the defenses play closer to the line and take away the short dump offs he enjoys.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:58 AM   #66
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lets all wait until at least game 3 or 4 to doom the carter experiment a failure. im interested to see how he'll do when the defenses play closer to the line and take away the short dump offs he enjoys.
This is a fair point.

Also, you make a good point about Parcells. He will do everything within his power to protect Quincy.