Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-29-2003, 07:22 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default congrats to QCar

I never thought he'd make it this far. But, he put together a nice pre-season. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Why? Because it's all about winning. And when it comes to QCar as a person, he actually seems to be a stand up guy.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default congrats to QCar

I thought he played well in a preseason game.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:55 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default congrats to QCar

Congrats to you, Quincy. You played well last night. Now, go out and make me eat crow. Prove that you are a real, live, NFL quarterback.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:02 AM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: congrats to QCar

I'll congratulate Queef for winning the starting job. But other than that, he hasn't accomplished anything to be worthy of congratulations. I enjoyed the blowout victory, but I'm not going to get overly excited, break out the champaign bottles, and pat everyone on the back just yet. I'll wait until we win one that counts.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:33 AM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats QCar. Hope your WR's help you more.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:07 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Default congrats to QCar

I just hope to congratulate him on taking Ginko biloba for mental acuity.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that he scored higher on the Wunderlic than Aikman Doc. Is that not true?

He doesn't have public speaking skills, but neither do I. But everytime I've heard him on an interview he seems pretty intelligent to me.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:26 PM   #8
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default congrats to QCar

If the line blocks for him and Hambrick can give him a running game Quincy will be productive.
If the line explodes like it did last year and if Hambrick gets to full of himself then Quincy will be running for his life and most of the blame will be laid at his feat. I hope he makes everybody eat crow.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 01:30 PM   #9
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default congrats to QCar

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I heard that he scored higher on the Wunderlic than Aikman Doc. Is that not true?

He doesn't have public speaking skills, but neither do I. But everytime I've heard him on an interview he seems pretty intelligent to me.
Troy scored a 29 according to this article by Rick Reilley. myurl

and I found a Yahoo group with a article by Jaque-Taylor which claims that Carter scored a 30. So yes, he scored higher. It's just too bad that he doesn't have Troy's big and accurate arm, which is the most important thing...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:10 PM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default congrats to QCar

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I never thought he'd make it this far. But, he put together a nice pre-season. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Why? Because it's all about winning. And when it comes to QCar as a person, he actually seems to be a stand up guy.
wow, murph actually complimenting qcar.

i believe the sky is falling. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:12 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default congrats to QCar

Quote:

I must say I never expected this post from you Murph.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:40 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default congrats to QCar

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
Quote:

Troy scored a 29 according to this article by Rick Reilley. myurl

and I found a Yahoo group with a article by Jaque-Taylor which claims that Carter scored a 30. So yes, he scored higher. It's just too bad that he doesn't have Troy's big and accurate arm, which is the most important thing...
I agree about the arm thing... I was rebutting Doc's statement:

Quote:
I just hope to congratulate him on taking Ginko biloba for mental acuity.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:44 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Default congrats to QCar

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Quote:
wow, murph actually complimenting qcar.

i believe the sky is falling. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2003, 04:48 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Default congrats to QCar

Quote:

If it looks like a dumb ass and sounds like a dumb ass.....it must be a dumb ass. Actually, I know about his score. The reason he gets beat up about being stupid is because Coslet openly stated that they had "dumbed down" the offense last year so that Qspare could grasp it. Then a week or so later he made some comment about Qtard not being able to grasp some of the plays. Coslet was a bonehead though so take it for what you will. FWIW, I think Coslet mind humped Qcrappy to the point where the poor guy didn't know what to think. Coslet was one of the main reasons that this team sucked last year.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:50 PM   #15
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

I am glad some will give Quincy the well deserved credit for playing well, hopefully the others who just wont admit they were wrong about him will change their tune after the season starts and he is producing at a high level.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default congrats to QCar

i hope he does produce at a high level..because he seems to be a good kid.

however,i don't think he has a future in the NFL as a starting QB. but if he proves me wrong, good for him...

but i still think he's closer to QStank than QStud
Old 08-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Default congrats to QCar

He might have scored a point higher on the wunderlick than troy...but troy scored about 30 points higher on the passing accuracy and arm strength test. hell, troy was even a more effective runner early in his career than QCar was if memory serves me correctly.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:12 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Default congrats to QCar

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
I am glad some will give Quincy the well deserved credit for playing well, hopefully the others who just wont admit they were wrong about him will change their tune after the season starts and he is producing at a high level.
Someones getting a lot of mileage out of one preseason. The same someone will disappear if/when Qsucks fails like most people think he will.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:56 AM   #19
QCarFan
Golden Member

Most people thought he wouldn't be around, so as of right now those same people are coping out with the both QBs suck stuff when in fact he did not suck in the preseason. So it doesn't surprise me at all, that alot are doubting him now. What else are they going to do, admit they were wrong about him? I surely doubt it, but murphy3 has atleast given him some credit and that's a start. I think he(murphy3) is a stand up guy, and will admit he is wrong if/when Quincy proves to the world that he is a good QB. I am not so sure about some of the others admitting they were wrong. They are yet to say they were wrong about him being on this team at this point in the season since some said he would be cut, 2nd string, etc etc. And being named the starter so I doubt they admit it in the future when he does prove he is a good QB. We shall see soon right....................

My 0.02
Old 08-30-2003, 10:08 AM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default congrats to QCar

I wish Quincy the best. I hope he does end up being our qb of the future which gives us less options to go with in the draft. Hopefully even if Quincy doesn't succeed we will still go the route of signing a free agent qb rather than draft one. Doug Johnson will be out there next season. I hope Quincy is the future of this franchise. HE has impressed me this preseason. Anyone know that he leads the league in I believe completions in the preseason? Not much of accomplishment but its a start. I think its no secret that if our o-line and running game is on than the the passing game is on. It all starts from the o-line however. I have no questions about Cason or Anderson or Martin. My question is on Hambrick. I hope he feels like playing this season. I just don't understand that you are given the opprotunity to be the star running back of America's team and your not taking the chance.

1996-2005
Old 08-30-2003, 12:18 PM   #21
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default congrats to QCar

I think Carter's lisp is what makes people think he is dumb. I hope he has a great year, even though I'm not as big a believer as I was last year. Hopefully, he plays well and suprises everyone.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 02:28 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Default congrats to QCar

If the Cowboys win, I don't care who the QB is. But we don't have a QB on the roster right now and that is the unfortunate reality. Qcraptacular would not be starting on any other NFL team in all likelihood. Why? Because he is not a good qb.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default congrats to QCar

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
If the Cowboys win, I don't care who the QB is. But we don't have a QB on the roster right now and that is the unfortunate reality. Qcraptacular would not be starting on any other NFL team in all likelihood. Why? Because he is not a good qb.

You never know Quincy might end up having a break out year. Iw ouldn't put omoney on it but maybe Parcells might bring the best out of Quincy Carter. I pray he does.

1996-2005
Old 08-30-2003, 03:47 PM   #24
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default congrats to QCar

he would start on the bears.

stewart is the only QB in the league worse than carter at the moment. but i think QC will end up having a breakout season this yr.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 03:55 AM   #25
QCarFan
Golden Member

I agree with The Crippler on the lisp thing, and aexchange about Carter having a breakout season.