Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-14-2003, 01:46 PM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default Hutchinson will not play the Houston game

Bill Parcells let it be known today in his daily news conference that Carter and Romo would get most of the plays on Fridays game. Carter to play with the starters and Romo with the second team.

I wonder if this means anything?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Hutchinson will not play the Houston game

I think he wants to know whether to cut Quincy or Romo. Only one of them should make this team.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 02:37 PM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

impossible.

as pathetic as both qc and hutch looked last week, it doesnt make any sense for the tuna to sit hutch out when the most important thing he needs are reps IF he was going to be the starter.

start the death toll for hutch. his days as a cowboys starter are numbered.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 02:39 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Some reporter was on 103.3 last week, I don't know who, saying she was convinced that Pracells was going to bring in a vet backup right before the season started and cut both Stoerner and Romo. I think it is a possibility, but I doubt it.

I think it just means that Hutch gets the bulk of the snaps in the third preseason game. And that this really will go through the third preseason game, not the first two as originally planned.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 03:01 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
impossible.

as pathetic as both qc and hutch looked last week, it doesnt make any sense for the tuna to sit hutch out when the most important thing he needs are reps IF he was going to be the starter.

start the death toll for hutch. his days as a cowboys starter are numbered.
From the online Ticket Ticker:
BILL PARCELLS SAYS PRACTICE ISN'T WHERE YOU JUDGE A QUARTERBACK...
MIDAS AND TROPHY NISSAN... AND HE ALSO SAYS THAT FOR THE COWBOYS/TEXANS GAME TOMORROW, YOU'LL SEE QUINCY CARTER AND TONY ROMO, BUT CHAD HUTCHINSON MAY NOT PLAY. PARCELLS SAYS IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING-- YOU HEARD HIM ON SPORTS RADIO 1310 THE TICKET.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-14-2003, 03:55 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Randy Galloway has it in his head that this means either Romo or Carter gets cut and Hutch is already the starter and Ray Lucas is the veteran qb. I'd be damned if I watch a guy that has Hutch starting 16 games for us. I think Galloway is a idiot but I think all this does is mean two things. Like Aexchange said, I think all this means is that Hutch is gone. I don't get it though. How can it mean that either QC and Romo are fighting for the 3rd spot? What has Hutch proved? I mean what has he seen in Hutch for him to say he isn't going to play the Houston game? I hope he found some team dumb enough to take him for a 7th rounder.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 04:00 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

hutchinson is deader than fried chicken.

book it.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
hutchinson is deader than fried chicken.

book it.

I hope your right. I just got a feeling Bill is just going to do something like keep Hutch and sign Ray Lucas. I hate both ideas.

1996-2005
Old 08-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

When I first saw this, I thought the same thing FFM. Carter gone Lucas in Romo third. What a trainwreck.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 04:42 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

There is no question that Carter is the worst QB on this team right now. That includes Stoener and Romo. In fact, I'd wager that when we cut him, his NFL career is over. No one will pick him up, ever. In my opinion, he'll have trouble beating out guys for an arena league job. He is absolutely, the worst quarterback I have ever seen through a football professionally. His career was over about six games into the 2002 NFL season. Somehow, the Cowboys have once again defied all football logic and have given ANOTHER chance with Parcell now at the helm. And what has Carter done? Somehow, he's managed to look WORSE than he ever has in his pathetic two year career. I know! If I didn't see it myself, I wouldn't believe it! There is no question that Romo should get the nod over Carter for the #3 spot. An invalid should get the nod over Carter for the #3 spot.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Point 1: Neither is very good now.

Point 2: Neither will be very good in the future.

2003 Cowboys with Carter starting will 6-10.
2003 Cowboys with Hutch starting will 6-10.

Who cares?

I say you pick the guy that makes it easier to cut both their asses at the end of the year. From what I understand that is Carter.

Old 08-14-2003, 06:18 PM   #12
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Finally some good news at the QB.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:32 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Point 1: Neither is very good now.

Point 2: Neither will be very good in the future.

2003 Cowboys with Carter starting will 6-10.
2003 Cowboys with Hutch starting will 6-10.

Who cares?

I say you pick the guy that makes it easier to cut both their asses at the end of the year. From what I understand that is Carter.

I don't see us going 6-10. If we do thats great. I was hoping for a 5-11 season again with these qbs because there is no way we can even when 5 games without putting the ball in the endzone.

1996-2005
Old 08-14-2003, 06:34 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
There is no question that Carter is the worst QB on this team right now. That includes Stoener and Romo. In fact, I'd wager that when we cut him, his NFL career is over. No one will pick him up, ever. In my opinion, he'll have trouble beating out guys for an arena league job. He is absolutely, the worst quarterback I have ever seen through a football professionally. His career was over about six games into the 2002 NFL season. Somehow, the Cowboys have once again defied all football logic and have given ANOTHER chance with Parcell now at the helm. And what has Carter done? Somehow, he's managed to look WORSE than he ever has in his pathetic two year career. I know! If I didn't see it myself, I wouldn't believe it! There is no question that Romo should get the nod over Carter for the #3 spot. An invalid should get the nod over Carter for the #3 spot.

Carter led us to 3-3 last season. Hutch didn't even do that much so what in the hell makes you think Carter is the worst qb on this team? Hutch makes qb mistakes that should be made in pee wee league. Carter just can't throw the damn ball with accuracy. Hutch should be cut before anyone else on this team. Let Romo or Carter start and go and get yoru top 5 pick and draft either a lineman or a qb.

1996-2005
Old 08-14-2003, 11:37 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

ffm, madape is just playing it up.

everybody has their favorite player fairly or unfairly. thats the life of a fan.

the way i look at it is like this.

6 months ago or whenever parcells was hired, they said quincy was on the way out the door and he should pack his bags.

3 months ago they said he would be cut before mini camps even began.

2 months ago critics said qcar would just be training camp competition and wouldn't even have a chance of starting.

1 month ago people were saying hutch would win the job easily.

now people are saying, the reason hutch ISNT going to play is because its qcar's last chance? this coming from a guy who fumbled the ball, got yelled at by parcells the other day for fumbling a snap, and continues to lack any amount of tangible pocket presence.

our o-line is in complete shambles, yet all the complete tools like mickey spagranola want to annoint chad as the man to lead us to the superbowl. they spin every incomplete as a fault of the recievers, yet when qcar cant make a play because the o-line cant block 3rd stringers, they spin it as he isnt able to move the ball.

parcells is no idiot. if you dont have a good o-line you need a mobile QB. who is the only mobile QB we have on the roster?

carter.

if you were a coach implementing a new offensive system, the last thing you want to do is retard the progress of a player by not giving him any snaps in live action. especially if you arent splitting the snaps evenly now in camp. the majority of the snaps are going to carter. they even said today hutch was getting 3rd string snaps.

the writing is on the wall motherhutchers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

everybody has their favorite player fairly or unfairly. thats the life of a fan.

6 months ago or whenever parcells was hired, they said quincy was on the way out the door and he should pack his bags.

2 months ago critics said qcar would just be training camp competition and wouldn't even have a chance of starting.

now people are saying, the reason hutch ISNT going to play is because its qcar's last chance? this coming from a guy who fumbled the ball, got yelled at by parcells the other day for fumbling a snap, and continues to lack any amount of tangible pocket presence.

our o-line is in complete shambles, yet all the complete tools like mickey spagranola want to annoint chad as the man to lead us to the superbowl. they spin every incomplete as a fault of the recievers, yet when qcar cant make a play because the o-line cant block 3rd stringers, they spin it as he isnt able to move the ball.

parcells is no idiot. if you dont have a good o-line you need a mobile QB. who is the only mobile QB we have on the roster?

carter.

if you were a coach implementing a new offensive system, the last thing you want to do is retard the progress of a player by not giving him any snaps in live action. especially if you arent splitting the snaps evenly now in camp. the majority of the snaps are going to carter. they even said today hutch was getting 3rd string snaps.

the writing is on the wall motherhutchers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This is what I don't get that puzzles me. How can you say that Hutch might not play game 3? This is supposendly the game you name your starter. After seeing last week how can you say that unless he is seeing something in practice from Hutch. Hutch's spirals don't even look tight anymore.But I agree with you about the o-line. I don't get how you can criticize or look at your running backs and quarterbacks when first off you don't have anyone to block for either of them.I hope Parcells knows what he is doing and just cuts Hutch and get his 4 mill off the cap.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 12:01 AM   #17
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

this is from DallasCowboys.com
Nick Eatman

Even though Parcells warned against reading too much into his decision to likely not play Hutchinson, the possibilities of just what he might be thinking are endless.

Is this now Carter's job to lose, Parcells giving him one, strong look in this game to show he can be the starting quarterback for this team? Is this the end for Hutchinson?

Or does Hutchinson have the upper hand, but Parcells wants to make sure Carter gets an equal opportunity to stay in the race?

Or maybe, is this Parcells just testing Hutchinson to see how the second-year quarterback reacts to what would appear to be adversity?

which scenario do ya'll most suspect?

the belief that chad has already won, and this is Quincy's shot to prove he shouldn't be cut, bothers me. Chad hasn't shown anything, so i can't believe Bill would have already chosen.

IMO i think he just wants to see Romo against better competition, and doesn't know if he should even bother playing Hutch against 4th stringers. I think this is Quincy's game to win or lose the battle. if he plays good, he is the starter. If he plays bad, then Chad will get next week to prove he's the starter.

also i've heard the stradegy that bill might like Q #1, Romo #2 because they are both agile, and could both run the same playbook with little change. Hutch on the other hand would have to adjust a little more. But who the hell knows?

I do know one thing. If this wasn't Parcells making the decisions, the media would be tearing him apart.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:07 AM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Hutch had a opprotunity last week to go in with the first team and he didn't take advantage. I just don't get what Parcells sees in him that makes him think he doesn't deserve reps.

I'm hoping its the first scenario but I think possibly this is Hutch's job. I guess Bill just wants Hutch to get the wind knocked out of him 16 times this season.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 01:15 PM   #19
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

FWIW, Hutch was splitting reps with the scout team yesterday with Stoerner. Not good news for him.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:39 PM   #20
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:

carter.

just thought i'd bump this post and say neener neener neener.

however, i feel about as validated as having a one night stand and waking up next to a fat chick. in other words, i don't take much satisfaction out of it.

Old 08-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #21
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

lol, good one