Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default Who's excited about the Cowboys this year?

With the start of the season just 2 weeks away, and with the Preseason camp winding down.. who's excited about this upcoming season?

Me, personally, am somewhat excited to see what the coaching of Parcells can do for this team. I know everyone keeps talking about how a Parcells coached team usually takes 2 - 3 years to become good.. but I think with Quincey Carter having the offense built to the way Quincey plays, and not having Quincey having to adjust to the offense, will make this team alot better than alot of people think this year.

I dont think this team is playoff bounds , mostly because of the schedule the Cowboys got, but i think they'll win alot more games than these sports analysts say . GOO COWBOYS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

please excuse my Cowboys homerism in this post
Old 08-27-2003, 10:31 PM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Not interested. I just sold ALL my season tickets. I had 4 seats- 9th row - 40 yard line behind the Cowboys bench...but I just can't get interested.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:42 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Who's excited about the Cowboys this year?

I can't stand the thought of Qcraptacular bumbling his way through another year of simplified offenses all while looking incompetent. When he loses his starting job, and he will, I can't stand the thought of Chadspare coming in and fumbling away every other possession.

Ass. It's what they both suck.
---kg_veteran
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Fair weather fan. Football is still king even if this team has ?marks all over this team. Finally the cowboys have a real coach and not a puppet thats what you should be excited about. The arc wasn't built in one day this year will be a feeling out process who can play and who can't. This team will be better but it might not reflect in its record we have the second toughest schedule in the league , but in a league where st. louis goes from 3-13 to 13-3 anything is possible.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
With the start of the season just 2 weeks away, and with the Preseason camp winding down.. who's excited about this upcoming season?

Me, personally, am somewhat excited to see what the coaching of Parcells can do for this team. I know everyone keeps talking about how a Parcells coached team usually takes 2 - 3 years to become good.. but I think with Quincey Carter having the offense built to the way Quincey plays, and not having Quincey having to adjust to the offense, will make this team alot better than alot of people think this year.

I dont think this team is playoff bounds , mostly because of the schedule the Cowboys got, but i think they'll win alot more games than these sports analysts say . GOO COWBOYS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

please excuse my Cowboys homerism in this post

I'm excited. I want to see what Bill is really about. I want to see how this team responds after a loss under Parcells. I think he is going to make every player on this team alot better and that includes Quincy. I expect Quincy to really flourish under Bill. Not to become a stud or anything but actually look like he knows how to play football. He is going to carry Antonio Bryant and Roy WIlliams into stardom.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am excited as always. Although our offense it still gonna suck, I can't wait to see those hard hits by Darren Woodson and Roy Williams. This would be the first time I would be watching Bill on the sidelines for the cowboys and can't wait to see him scream at players.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:58 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll watch every game I'm sure, but it's hard to get excited about the craptacular product that we appear to have. Maybe Bill will surprise us. I'll be watching to see the defense more than anything.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:43 AM   #8
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

Quincy will lead this team to new heights, wait and see. Cant wait for the first game, I will be there! I am definitely excited, and Carter will make some regret the day they ever doubted him.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:00 AM   #9
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I am not excited, but I will watch every cowboy game as I am addicted to NFL football. It does not matter if the games suck, I will watch every game, like I did every pre-season game.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I voted no b/c I believe they WILL suck & they will suck HARD. But I'm still going to watch b/c I am blindly faithful & I am kind of excited to see what Parcells can do. Cannot say I'm looking forward to watching the Spare Twins bumble around at QB though.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #11
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited because I can watch them on my new high definition TV.

I doubt that we win 5 games however.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:27 PM   #12
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

their cheerleaders are pretty hot