Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #121
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
If he at all lives up to his career averages, I can't see a reason that the Mavs wouldn't want to keep him long term. (3+ years).

Kaman is a legit second tier center in this league....which in itself is a rare jewel.

I agree that health will be the biggest concern...I just can't see chemistry being at worst anything other than really good.

We're about to see something we've never seen in Dirk's career as a Mav: What his game looks like with an actual back to the basket post scorer. I'm really looking forward to the first few times Dirk catches the ball at the high post and then kicks it to Kaman on the block.
Things are going to change, at least they should. You'll have to respect what a Mavs center can do in the halfcourt setting. You're also going to have to respect a point guard who will actually be looking to go attack the basket and is actually proficient at doing it
Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #122
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Things are going to change, at least they should. You'll have to respect what a Mavs center can do in the halfcourt setting. You're also going to have to respect a point guard who will actually be looking to go attack the basket and is actually proficient at doing it
There are only 2 scenarios I envision that Kaman doesn't become a long lasting pillar for the Mavs: 1. Health Issues. 2. They use him as trade asset to acquire a player they consider a real "star". Both of these scenarios I see as VERY possible, but other than that, Kaman is a high level "actual" Center.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #123
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

anyone knows hows Kamans pick and roll defense? because imo that was one of the most important skills Chandler brought to the table

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #124
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, you have to make a decision about whether or not you want to sign a guy to a long term deal at his age... Right now, I'd say "probably", but I suppose let's wait and see how well he holds up throughout the season. He hasn't done alot of "holding up" as of late.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #125
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
...Right now, I'd say "probably", but I suppose let's wait and see how well he holds up throughout the season. He hasn't done alot of "holding up" as of late.
True that. The dude MUST get and stay healthy.

Like BG mentioned earlier, the Mavs training staff has a pretty good rep, so maybe they can be difference makers for Kaman.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #126
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

They won't need Kaman once Dwight Howard is on the Mavs.

js

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #127
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a fan of Dwight Howard at all. I suppose it'll be ok if he's signed by the Mavs... or traded for.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #128
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Kaman will be on the other side of this for a change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLxOz...e_gdata_player
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #129
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not a fan of Dwight Howard at all. I suppose it'll be ok if he's signed by the Mavs... or traded for.
I am unabashedly a fan of the best center in the league (by far), if he plays for the Mavs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #130
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Of course, you have to make a decision about whether or not you want to sign a guy to a long term deal at his age... Right now, I'd say "probably", but I suppose let's wait and see how well he holds up throughout the season. He hasn't done alot of "holding up" as of late.
This always depends on the guy IMO. Some guys will just hold up and play at a high level into their late 30s while others hit 30 and they're done.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #131
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Kaman will be on the other side of this for a change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLxOz...e_gdata_player
boooooo ! such a bad defender !
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #132
sike
The Preacha

Anywhere to hear the Kaman interview with ESPN 103.3?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #133
SchumiWDC

SchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to all

Quote:
Here you go mate:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/dallas/play

Starts at 9:16
SchumiWDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #134
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It was mostly "filler" involving Texas gun laws and his experience playing with Dirk in Germany (kinda) - I touched on the only really important bit back in post #110...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Kaman talking about how he gave Cuban a bit of a discount (in years) to get on the Mavs - hoping to turn it around this season (keep healthy) to earn a bigger/longer contract next season... Feels like he has another 4-5 years of playing at a high level.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-12-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #135
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hell, with the lack of functional shooting guards on the team, if the Mavs can land Brand, they could always start:

C - Kaman
PF - Brand
SF - Dirk
SG - Marion
PG - Collison

Tall lineup..

Terrible spacing, and we would get killed on defense.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #136
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

A center took more money per year and a shorter contract to be in Dallas?

Bazinga!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #137
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Terrible spacing, and we would get killed on defense.
The indicated that I was joking...
Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #138
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
The indicated that I was joking...
Sorry, didn't catch it.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #139
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chris Kaman eager to pair up again with Dirk

Chris Kaman wanted a multiyear deal. He was on the verge of getting one until the Indiana Pacers matched Portland's max offer for emerging big man Roy Hibbert. Then it was on to Plan B and a showdown between the center-starved Trail Blazers and the Dallas Mavericks.

"The last three days I’ve been going back and forth between Portland and Dallas and I know (Portland general manager) Neil Olshey up there pretty well," Kaman said Thursday morning when he joined Chuck Cooperstein and Tim MacMahon on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM. "The offers were both very close, so it was just kind of a call where I felt a little more comfortable and I really like Dallas the city. The organization does a great job taking care of their players and their people and I’m excited for the chance to see what I can do there."

It didn't hurt that Kaman and Dirk Nowitzki have become good friends. Nowitzki convinced Kaman, a Michigan native whose grandparents are German, to join him on the German national team that competed in the 2008 Olympics. Now, they become teammates in Dallas with Kaman instantly becoming the most accomplished low-post scorer Dirk has ever played with.

Kaman, who averaged 13.1 points and 7.7 points in 47 games with the New Orleans Hornets last season and career bests of 18.5 and 9.3 as an All-Star in 2009-10, agreed to come aboard on a one-year deal for $8 million. His addition now has the Mavs prepared to use the amnesty clause on Brendan Haywood, which would wipe his $8.3 million salary off the books next season.

The once stringy-haired Kaman who now prefers a close trim said he thinks he and Nowitzki will complement each other well.

"He’s more outside first and then inside second and I think the team has always spaced the floor and kind of stretched it a little because there’s probably been a little bit of lack of scoring inside," Kaman said. "I’m excited to see what coach (Rick) Carlisle has to put up in there. I know in the past he’s had teams with good post players. I know he’s a good coach, I know he knows what he’s doing and I’m just excited to see what happens next with the team. It’s a different team than they’ve had the last few years just with no Jason Kidd, no Jason Terry, so it will be interesting to see how it goes."

Kaman, 30, said ultimately he and the Mavs got a fair deal. Dallas desperately wants to limit contracts to one year to keep cap space free for next summer and Kaman gets a nice salary even though he will earn $6 million less than last season. Still, he has a chance to put up big numbers and cash in next summer, either with Dallas or elsewhere.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...gain-with-dirk

Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #140
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #141
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I already like Kaman a little bit more now. Who doesn't love the gun laws here in Texas?!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #142
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Kaman/Brand could add a lot of solid minutes. Not top notch, but solid.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #143
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
Kaman/Brand could add a lot of solid minutes. Not top notch, but solid.
Not top notch you say? I wonder how many front courts would be more solid than Dirk/Kaman/Brand?

Old 07-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #144
Underdog

Quote:
Kaman sees a future in Dallas, hoping for more than one-year stay with Mavs

Chris Kaman signed his one-year, $8 million contract Friday, shortly after he began the process of looking for a house in Dallas.

One-year contracts are not what most NBA players want. And while the six zeroes at the end of Kaman’s salary make it hard not to like, he admitted Friday evening that he had aspirations for a longer-term deal.

But he also knew what reality was.

“Obviously, one year isn’t the most perfect situation for me,” Kaman said. “I would have liked more [years], obviously. But that’s not what was on the table. And I know why. And I respect the reason why. Hopefully, I’ll show I’m a valuable piece for this team.”

Kaman, keen to the fact that the Mavericks are retooling the roster while also staying primed for free-agent stars next summer, may have a future as a general manager with that sort of thinking.

The 7-foot center signed his contract shortly before 5 p.m. He will bring the style of game that won’t look familiar to a lot of Maverick fans, coach Rick Carlisle said.

Dirk Nowitzki has teamed with just about every kind of player there is, but by signing Kaman, the Mavericks will give Nowitzki something he’s never had. Kaman is a true center who can step out for a 16-foot jump shot. And the bonus is that he can actually make it.

“He’s a terrific low-post scorer,” Carlisle said. “He’s a very good mid-range shooter for a 7-footer. I don’t think we’ve ever had a center here that could step out and shoot the 18-foot shot consistently that’s been the caliber of player that Chris Kaman is. Sometimes, Dirk’s the tallest guy on the floor for us, but he’s always the four [power forward] in our system. He’s never been able to play with a five man [center] who shoots it like that.”

Kaman, 30, has a history with Nowitzki. They played together on the German national team that qualified for the 2008 Olympics. Kaman said he was leaning on Nowitzki throughout the process of negotiating with Mark Cuban and the Mavericks.

“Yeah, I was texting him,” Kaman said. “I don’t want to tell you everything I was texting him. In the beginning, it was a hard-ball game between Mark and my agent. It didn’t start the way I wanted, and I’m telling Dirk, ‘Hey, talk to Mark because I really want to be here.’ And he’s with his fiancée right now [overseas], so I didn’t want to mess him up. But we worked a deal out a pretty good deal that’s fair for both sides.”

Kaman had offers from a few other teams. He visited Indiana, and he waited for three days before the Pacers matched the offer that Portland had given center Roy Hibbert. Portland, too, showed interest, but Kaman, who has a brother went to school in Dallas and a cousin who lives in Flower Mound, thought this is the best situation for him.

The Mavericks put Kaman through a routine physical Friday, and they have been convinced that he is healthy. Various injuries forced him to miss 50 games two seasons ago and 51 in 2008-09. Last season, he played 47 of 66 games.

“I feel good,” Kaman said. “I took some time and rested my body.”
Looks like Chris Kaman signed here for the same reasons that we thought Deron would have - Dirk and family...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-14-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #145
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

That's a really interesting story. The NBA needs more like Chris Kaman. Thanks to Dirk for helping make this successful.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #146
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Kaman wants to be here and he is better than Haywood.

Brand wants to be here (unlike Odom) and will give us effort (unlike Odom's vagina)

Collison isn't 40.

Unless there's some bad chemistry, how can you not feel confident that we are a better team going into next year?

Re-sign Delonte and we are a sick defensive team.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #147
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Dirk ~21ppg 6reb
Kaman ~12ppg 7reb
Brand ~11ppg 6reb
Marion ~10ppg 6reb
Collison ~11ppg 5a 3reb
West ~9ppg
Carter ~9ppg
Roddy ~9ppg

Last edited by markus1234; 07-14-2012 at 10:18 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #148
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Brand wants to be here (unlike Odom) and will give us effort (unlike Odom's vagina)
As a woman and an athlete, it irks me that men use "vagina" in a derogatory way. I don't want to get up on a soapbox and derail this thread, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could be a little more considerate and find a term that equally disparages both genders. If you want evidence that "vagina" doesn't mean wussy, incapable, or weak-willed, I'd be happy to kick your ass any time.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #149
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
As a woman and an athlete, it irks me that men use "vagina" in a derogatory way. I don't want to get up on a soapbox and derail this thread, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could be a little more considerate and find a term that equally disparages both genders. If you want evidence that "vagina" doesn't mean wussy, incapable, or weak-willed, I'd be happy to kick your ass any time.
Maybe he was referring to Klhoe? (sorry, I thought I could put out a fire with gasoline...)

But getting back to the point - Lamar Odom definitely brought a big bag of nothing to the backup PF position last season - Elton Brand is going to be a breath of fresh air in that regard.

EDIT: I didn't want to derail the thread either, but screw it... I, too, find it odd that "vagina" is used as another word for "weakness" when most men would beg for a swift death if we had to endure the pain of child birth.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-14-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #150
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm sorry to offend you. I refer to people that are still crying about Tyson Chandler being gone as "Tyson Chandler Salad Tossers", so I may offend people that are turned off by that as well. I'm an equal-opportunity offender.

I guess gay people get mad when people say "that's gay", even though it bugs me that gay people stole the word from "happy people".

Seriously though, I'm sorry if that offends you. I'm just not shocked by much. I was running sound at a night club last night and I heard some woman call it a Sausage Fest. Even though I have a sausage, it didn't offend me.

I will try to be more considerate though.

Back on topic

Kaman does not have a vagina (he seriously doesn't) and I think he will be better offensively than I am at offending forum members (which is a good thing).

All in good fun? Seriously though iella, I will be more considerate.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-14-2012 at 12:42 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #151
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
I'm sorry to offend you. I refer to people that are still crying about Tyson Chandler being gone as "Tyson Chandler Salad Tossers", so I may offend people that are turned off by that as well. I'm an equal-opportunity offender.

I guess gay people get mad when people say "that's gay", even though it bugs me that gay people stole the word from "happy people".

Seriously though, I'm sorry if that offends you. I'm just not shocked by much. I was running sound at a night club last night and I heard some woman call it a Sausage Fest. Even though I have a sausage, it didn't offend me.

I will try to be more considerate though.

Back on topic

Kaman does not have a vagina (he seriously doesn't) and I think he will be better offensively than I am at offending forum members (which is a good thing).

All in good fun? Seriously though iella, I will be more considerate.
No worries man, I'm not angry and I won't hold it against you or anything. I know I've certainly used a fair share of words that offend other people, and you're not the first (nor the last) on this board that I've seen use the word in that manner. I just wanted to point it out, encourage us all to think about the words we use and how they affect other people, and now we can all move on.

I'm excited to have a center that can catch the ball.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #152
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At least you don't have pieces of it routinely sliced off for no good reason, so I wouldn't complain.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #153
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when we all get along.

classic middle child that I am!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #154
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not much different than prick or dick is it? Personally I like the p word.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #155
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm excited to have a center that can catch the ball.
Could you find another word for ball, as a married man, I miss mine.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #156
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Could you find another word for ball, as a married man, I miss mine.
Rep

Old 07-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #157
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #158
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rich.

Quote:
Quote:

The point is, anybody can be offended by anything if they have an agenda to be offended. Sure, we can treat some insults as being better or worse than others, but someone walking around with a huge group-identity chip on their shoulder (because they're white, or black, or straight, or gay, or liberal, or conservative, or atheist, or religious, or any other part of their identity that they've been taught gives them privileges to take special offense and accuse others of persecution) is going to take offense at pretty much anything you say.

The solution: if you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all. Alternatively, grow a pair and don't try to give out what you can't take yourself.
Just don't say vajayjay.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #159
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
At least you don't have pieces of it routinely sliced off for no good reason, so I wouldn't complain.
You need to read the news more. In many regions of the world they do slice pieces of female genital for stupid reasons.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #160
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit that there is no way I could have predicted the way this thread has gone. From Kaman to gender-specific insults to genital mutilation. New members are probably sucking their thumbs, in the fetal position, while hiding under their bed after reading this thread... only at D-M.com
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
haywood>kaman=loltarded, hulkamania, jefftakeshaywooddeep, kaman debunked, love guns, skip bayliss = underdog