Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-03-2001, 10:02 PM   #1
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Great win for the mavericks. We difinitely needed this one. The refs sucked as usual. We couldnt get a call to save our lives. The real gripe with this game is our rebounding. We really need to do more concentrating on the rebounding end of the games. Dirk got 13 rebounds so he did his job. Finley was big down the stretch. Great great win.
We will make the playoffs, I have no doubt.
Hakeem killed us. Vernon Maxwell is going to be a great pickup for us guys. He is a great defensive player. His scoring will come. Its his first game in 2 months.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2001, 10:22 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

This was a big game and a HUGE win for the Mavs tonight. Finley and Dirk took over in the 4th. Dirk hitting a couple big 3's and grabbing some big rebounds, not to mention the 5 blocks. Finley grabbing some big rebounds, hitting a big shot with a minute left, and hitting 4 free throws down the stretch, not to mention his 3 blocks. Nash hitting the final 2 free throws to seal the game. Howard had another good game, scoring 19, grabbing 3rbs and nabbing 3stls. And this all came from not playing most of the 4th quarter.

What was with Hakeem having his way with us? That's awful. Thank goodness he missed some big free throws at the right time, at least.
Old 03-03-2001, 10:25 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to weigh in on Maxwell. He really is an underrated defensive player. His scoring will come in a few games, he did pretty decent for tonight, imo.

22 minutes 5pts (2-7, 1-2), 2rbs, 2as, 1stl, 1to.

Old 03-03-2001, 10:28 PM   #4
dallmav

Our team is much better after the trade and pickup of Maxwell. Bradley sucked tonight. He didnt do anything. I cant wait for Booth to get healthy, I do believe he will be our starting center. He plays some pretty decent ball.
Old 03-03-2001, 10:29 PM   #5
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

That game ruled! I was jumping around when Dirk hit those three's late...Oh, this is completely off topic, but too funny to not have spread around...
You need sound...

"All your bases are belong to us."
Old 03-03-2001, 10:46 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Bradley did suck. He couldn't block Moochie Norris's layup attempt. That was pitiful. Can't wait for Booth to get back either. And I agree, Booth will have Bradley's starting job in no time.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 11:00 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley had no business being on the floor tonight. He's totally useless against the Rockets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 11:12 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If you guys wanna be pissed off even more at the Rockets, then look no further then this ClutchCity recap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2001, 11:23 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

LOL, that's some funny sh!t DJ. Sounds like they don't like being the worst team in Texas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-03-2001, 11:42 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

DJ, had no idea that you were at the game. That's awesome man, must of been a high with the win. Except for those damn Rocket fans bothering you. At least you got the last laugh though. I wish I lived in Dallas, I would be at all the games, let them just try and kick me out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Im going to go see them play the Warriors on April 16th. (I think it's the 2nd to last game). Im bummed because we should know by then if we're playoff bound. If so, then guys like Dirk, Fin and Nash won't play so they can have some rest. But, I want to see Najera, Buckner, Booth and Maxwell, etc...Should be a good one, I love seeing them play. I think I'll just have to take a trip next year to Dallas and see one there, maybe meet some of you
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2001, 12:51 AM   #11
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

I was at the game, in the Game Face section...my friends and I spelt out MAX!- I was the M [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. My friends think that Maxwell saw us, cause he looked up at them and smiled during the 4th quarter...I didn't see him do this though, and we were unsucessful in our attempts during halftime to get his attention.

Finley and Howard really dominated down the stretch. Where was Howard though? He was removed with 9 mins left by Nellie cause he had 5 fouls, but I would have thought that he would have been put back in with around 3 minutes left.

Also on the Reunion scoreboard, it showed one player on either team had a 50% fg and 54% free throw percentage. I thought it was a mistake on the board, but I wasn't sure. I think it was Bradley, but I can't remember...But he's shooting 77.1% for freethrows, according to ESPN...
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 12:53 AM   #12
dallmav

I like how it says the rockets should have won the game. the refs tried to give those dumb shits the game. And nash as pansyass. Sounds like a bunch of soreass losers to me. We kicked their ass even with the refs against us again. Screw the Rockets. The third basketball team in texas. Im crying in my beer for those babies.
Old 03-04-2001, 01:43 AM   #13
djb
Administrator

Nellie has been pulling Howard late in the fourth since he hasn't fully adjusted to the team's style of play yet, especially late in the game. The players have been doing such a fantastic job finishing games this season, there's no point in messing with a good thing I guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2001, 01:50 AM   #14
djb
Administrator

ClutchCity is a fantastic site, but the fans there are such die-hard homers it's not even funny. I REALLY hope Webber doesn't end up in Houston next year! With the way they're playing, it'll be sweet if they barely missed the playoff and thus end up with a horrible draft pick.
Old 03-04-2001, 02:44 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

That site IS really good. Just out of curiosity, is that similar to what your site will be like when it launches?

Old 03-04-2001, 02:53 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

In some aspects, yes. I like the way they organized their stats history and plan on using a similar layout. However, I'm not too fond of their graphics/layout. I'm heavily into graphic design (going for a masters in new media design in the Fall/Spring) so I'm picky as hell when it comes to the aesthetics and visuals.
Old 03-04-2001, 03:47 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

I read through some more posts over at ClutchCity, trying to find some more objective fan recaps, and here's something I found:

I also have a new sense of pride in the city of houston after visiting dallas. Man that city is terrible, the radio guys are lame, the nightlife is lame, the fans are lame, EVERYTHING'S LAME! I used to dislike Houston, but after seeing Dallas I could spend the rest of my life here.
Old 03-04-2001, 03:51 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

I'm not here to knock all Rocket fans, so here's what I thought was a fair and mostly un-biased review. Of course of all the Mavs/Rockets threads there, this was one had perhaps the fewest replies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Views from a Dallas-dweller on the game
Old 03-04-2001, 04:09 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

BTW, big_pth that clip was awesome! I've been seeing a lot of "All your base are belong to us" threads on other boards recently and didn't quite understand wtf it meant [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2001, 09:42 PM   #20
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

It is completely off the wall and insane and funny as hell. I love the poorly translated Japanese video game footage...It reminds me of my childhood on the orginal Nintendo...I had to share it with somebody...

All your base are belong to us.
Old 03-05-2001, 10:53 AM   #21
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Even after visiting that site... Im dumbfounded as to what that all means... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:59 AM   #22
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Bradley is useless against every one except the like of Golden State
Old 03-05-2001, 11:01 AM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Giostar, are you talking about that "All your base are belong to us" thing? I have no clue what that is either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] .

Old 03-05-2001, 11:16 AM   #24
big_pth
Diamond Member

The point of "All your base are belong to us" is that it makes no point. It's just freakin weird. Plus, someone spent the time to go through all those pictures and put "All your base are blong to us " on them. That and the poorly translated video game just send me roflmao everytime. It's just silly...
Old 03-05-2001, 11:18 AM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

uummmmmmm.....ok [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-05-2001, 03:38 PM   #26
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

The site has a cool beat... I'll give you that.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:40 PM   #27
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2001, 05:19 PM   #28
big_pth
Diamond Member

And remember, for great justice, remove every zig...