Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2002, 06:47 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone here think that many of the moves that have been made might have a little something to do with donnie nelson?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2002, 06:49 PM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Not really
Old 06-26-2002, 06:49 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

me neither.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 06:52 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

they've already picked up one of donnie's guys
Old 06-26-2002, 06:54 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

there is a ton of trade talk involving the Knicks right now.....some of it involves Denver.
Old 06-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

7:20 PM: Chad Ford of ESPNews reports that the Denver/Knicks trade could be a 3-way with Cleveland. Cle sends Andre Miller and Tyrone Hill to the Knicks. The Knicks send Camby, Ward & #7 to Denver. Denver sends McDyess to Cleveland.

If this happens the Dallas trade is off because they will use Thomas as a Center.
Old 06-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Knicks took Hilario!!!!! WHOA!

That has to be a trade....
Old 06-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Nickoloz Tskitishvili

Little nellie was/is really high on this guy. Norm had reported that Little Nellie and Kiki had worked him out a couple of times..
Old 06-26-2002, 06:59 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

reports are Andre Miller to the Clipps...uhoh, i don't want him in the west
Old 06-26-2002, 07:01 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

I think Miller is heading to NY murph....couple of sources reporting that one now....realgm, espn
Old 06-26-2002, 07:02 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

haha..well, cnnsi reporting him going to the clippers
Old 06-26-2002, 07:02 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

also mentioned by norm
Old 06-26-2002, 07:04 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

2-2....who the hell knows on draft day you know?
Old 06-26-2002, 07:06 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

i have a feeling there's going to be a sh*tload of moves made during and after the trade.

and i'm not going out on much of a limb here
Old 06-26-2002, 07:07 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

i'm getting draft day tired head...it would be much more exciting if i thought the mavs were going to make a move
Old 06-26-2002, 07:10 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

If Hilario goes t oDenver as expected via trade, I might have to revisit my stance on whether or not little Nellie is staying in Dallas.
Old 06-26-2002, 07:15 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

well, it's rumored to be one of three guys.. hilario, thomas or camby
Old 06-26-2002, 07:19 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

why would denver be stupid enough to not DEMAND Hilario?
Old 06-26-2002, 07:21 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

doc, it might have been dependant upon the draft pick....if hilario was drafted, he might be the guy moved..and he was, so, ..we'll see
Old 06-26-2002, 08:48 PM   #20
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

<< does anyone here think that many of the moves that have been made might have a little something to do with donnie nelson? >>

Denver took the top two players that Donnie hyped yesterday.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:56 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

and now that Denver has them both, I think little Nellie takes that interview a whole lot more seriously.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

doc, i thought that you didn't think the moves had anything to do with donnie?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 09:01 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

at the time murph, the moves were different.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 09:07 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

they had made their first draft pick and the trade seemed to be a done deal..

too late to backtrack doc...don't pull a mavskiki
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 09:11 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

there was no indication of Hilario actually going to Denver after Denvers first pick.

as for...nevermind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 09:14 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

there wasn't?..sure there was...
and they had already picked up Nickoloz Tskitishvili

Old 06-26-2002, 09:17 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

they had Nik alright but Hilario hadn't been picked yet.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:19 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

no, they didn't have them yet..but the deal was already in place
Old 06-26-2002, 09:20 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

but...i can see how you would be confused... seeing as how you're getting a bit up in age [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 09:23 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

hahaha......whippersnapper
Old 06-27-2002, 08:40 AM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I think Little Whistle really could be on the way to Colorado...

Old 06-27-2002, 08:45 AM   #32
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< I think Little Whistle really could be on the way to Colorado... >>

Hopefully not.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 08:49 AM   #33
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with you there.

I want him here for the expertise he brings to the table in player acquisition. I also want him here as the heir apparent when Nellie decides to hang it up.

Old 06-27-2002, 10:03 AM   #34
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I definitely think Donnie is on his way out. I don't know if any of you watched the news coverage around 1030p right after we picked but they were interviewing Donnie and brought up Denver. Donnie seemed to have a glow in his eyes I thought when it was brought up. Kiki has definitely made the move intriguing for little whistle.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:04 AM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Denver went in one night from a crappy team to a very nice team. Kiki deserves mega-props for those moves. He abused Leyden.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:11 AM   #36
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Denver went in one night from a crappy team to a very nice team. Kiki deserves mega-props for those moves. He abused Leyden. >>

Very much so. Denver was bar none the biggest winner in the draft last night.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:12 AM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

houston was a pretty good winner..regardless of whether or not ming turns into anything anytime soon
Old 06-27-2002, 10:18 AM   #38
Nellie
Golden Member

<< houston was a pretty good winner..regardless of whether or not ming turns into anything anytime soon >>

I agree with that.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:03 AM   #39
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Denver went in one night from a crappy team to a very nice team. Kiki deserves mega-props for those moves. He abused Leyden. >>

I agree as long as the 'very nice' is seen as potential. Denver isn't going to terrify anyone next year--but give Skita and Nene a year or two to develop and Denver is right back in the playoff hunt.

Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #40
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Denver isn't going to terrify anyone next year--but give Skita and Nene a year or two to develop and Denver is right back in the playoff hunt. >>

Agreed and should have been clarified more clearly by myself regarding my &quot;big winner&quot; comment.