Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any lawyers read the forum?

Obviously I want free legal advice....send me a PM if you get a chance. It is "business" related.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, I work for a small company (accounting department manager). well, we "produce" a product. The parts that we produce are created from molds that my company has made from parts purchased by another manufacturer. So, we created a mold from someone elses part.

Anyone know the legal ramifications? First off, I am not sure whether or not the other company has exclusive rights to the parts. I literally have no idea. I could call them and ask, but I do not want to do anything that would go against any documents that I might have signed upon my initial employment. If the parts turn out to be counterfeit, does anyone know who is liable? I really don't know who to ask to find out the answer. Our "CEO" is not trustworthy in my opinion. He has stated that we are ok producing the parts since the original manufacturer declared bankruptcy. But, the owner of the company in which isn't the most ethical.

Any advice as to where I can find out information?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I am not an attorney, & This is not legal advice:

A couple (Wednesday?) nights a month the Dallas Bar has a free legal hotline. You call and tell them what kind of attorney you need to speak with, & then you hold until one is available to give you a generic answer.

I had a friend who felt she had to say "this is not legal advice" when people had a general question for her, so your first post saying you wanted legal advice might have spooked a few (?).

Seems like you would already know that though. You leaving an electronic trail in case CEO tries to take you down with him? Are we going to be called as your character witnesses? lol