Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #281
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If Dirk has to play completely perfect basketball for an entire quarter just so we can win a close game, that's not on Dirk.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-06-2011 at 11:48 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 AM   #282
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If Dirk has to play completely perfect basketball for an entire quarter just so we can win a close game, that's not on Dirk.
Exactly. The whole team has to come out for game 4, there is no margin for error anymore. I believe in them, we have to bounce back, we simply have to.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 06-07-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #283
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

I have a strong feeling that dirk and terry are going to come out angry. I can really see us taking a 10+ point lead in the first qtr. I don't think wade will be as aggressive tonight.

Is haywood at 100% go for tonight?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #284
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz View Post
I have a strong feeling that dirk and terry are going to come out angry. I can really see us taking a 10+ point lead in the first qtr. I don't think wade will be as aggressive tonight.

Is haywood at 100% go for tonight?
I hope it's not just Terry and Dirk, I hope Peja and JJB show up as well.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #285
HEAT WAVE
Banned

HEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these parts

jet should shut up! lol. lok what happened to boozer for talking crap about bosh. 2 30 pt games. and their defense is real defense. its not a good idea to piss of wade or lbj either. jet should bite his tongue. sounds almost like kobe when the mavs were up 3-0.
HEAT WAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #286
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I am still intrigued if Carlisle will be able to shy away from using Stevenson at some point. If the team needs that feel good experience then start him for 3-4 minutes in each the first and third quarter. Not more. It's not working. Hasn't been all postseason and now it really starts to hurt the team.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #287
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

problem is terry isn't working either.
http://www.nba.com/statscube/player-...,2548;season=p
he is not slowing wade down and terry is shooting 28% (13%(!!!) from three) against wade and getting out rebounded by wade 10 to 1 @36 minutes.
why not give brewer a shot for a while (and if just to see if its working)?
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #288
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but the team still performs A LOT better with Terry replacing Stevenson. We are talking about a 40-point swing in favor of the Mavs over the three games (Starters: -7, Closers: +33). That's not even close. And defensively the closing unit outperforms the starting unit as well.

I very much agree about using Brewer at this point though. He should get all of Pejas minutes and should be used at the 2 over Barea as well.

Add an underestimated point: Force Spoelstra to make adjustements. He has the easiest coaching job so far and I think he might struggle if challenged.

Last edited by j0Shi; 06-07-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #289
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Probably that he's entitled to make ONE mistake when he's scored the team's last 12 points.

And for the record, that turnover isn't even 100% on him. Marion cut when Dirk thought he was going to stay there for the pass. It would have made more sense for Marion to have stayed and caught it out of the double (because the angle was easier for the pass) and THEN taken the open lane to the cup (exact same thing happened in the Game 2 comeback, and Marion scored). Obviously not saying the play is completely on Matrix, because Dirk should have made sure he was still there before passing, but it's not like that was all on Dirk anyway.
Wow, You didn't say it was completely on Marion pfft...thats a start. Look it was pretty much all on Dirk. You don't spin into a double team and blindly throw the ball out. He has done this turnover many times before, double comes and he launches it across the court in almost a panic. Just saying that yea JET didn't knock that wide open shot down, but at least a shot went up before the possession changed. You can't make critical errors under a minute with a game that close, regardless who you are or what you've done to that point. Clearly we forgive Dirk because he has to do and does everything but theres nothing wrong with calling this one like it is.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #290
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Stevenson wasn't a problem the lasts game. Coming out in the third and Giving up an 8-0 run was a huge problem. Lots of early turnovers. The Mavs also have to put up more resistance on the perimeter, so many of our perimeter guys are just getting blown by. Ty can't cover for them and stay in the game.

I'd like to see us get it to Ty a little bit more as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #291
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wow, You didn't say it was completely on Marion pfft...thats a start. Look it was pretty much all on Dirk. You don't spin into a double team and blindly throw the ball out. He has done this turnover many times before, double comes and he launches it across the court in almost a panic. Just saying that yea JET didn't knock that wide open shot down, but at least a shot went up before the possession changed. You can't make critical errors under a minute with a game that close, regardless who you are or what you've done to that point. Clearly we forgive Dirk because he has to do and does everything but theres nothing wrong with calling this one like it is.
Actually, yeah, there is something wrong with it. When one player is constantly the one guy that you lean on in the pressure situations game after game after game, it kinda looks a little off to complain about anything that he does that's not perfect in crunch time when he's succeeding at such a ridiculous rate. It comes off as petty and uneducated.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #292
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It looked like a mis-communication to me, dirk threw it out to where shawn was, Shawn was expecting a shot... Crap happens, it's not like he dribbled it off his foot.

Dirk took responsibility, all of this discussion is junk.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #293
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It looked like a mis-communication to me, dirk threw it out to where shawn was, Shawn was expecting a shot... Crap happens, it's not like he dribbled it off his foot.

Dirk took responsibility, all of this discussion is junk.
Exactly - it wasn't the breakdown of one man, but the entire team...

Everyone else needs to do a much better job of playing the entire 48 so Dirk doesn't have to constantly bail them out with a last-second prayer.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #294
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the more pressure you place on one person..the more likely it is that eventually he won't play like the best player in the world. And that is what we're seeing in this series.. We're seeing two players that are playing at a level above everyone else on the planet.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #295
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Actually, yeah, there is something wrong with it. When one player is constantly the one guy that you lean on in the pressure situations game after game after game, it kinda looks a little off to complain about anything that he does that's not perfect in crunch time when he's succeeding at such a ridiculous rate. It comes off as petty and uneducated.
No it doesn't. It's just stating a fact. It would be one thing if some one said, "Boy that Dirk can't handle the pressure or can't produce in the clutch." Then it could come off as "petty and uneducated" BUT.. Thats not the case. It also would be another thing if it were a troll that came in here and blasted Dirk. I don't have a problem at all with defending Dirk in general because he without question carries this team. The fact still remains that he threw the ball away at a very crucial time, that time. I get upset when anyone else does it, so does Dirk. I'm sure he understands how this works.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #296
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
No it doesn't. It's just stating a fact. It would be one thing if some one said, "Boy that Dirk can't handle the pressure or can't produce in the clutch." Then it could come off as "petty and uneducated" BUT.. Thats not the case. It also would be another thing if it were a troll that came in here and blasted Dirk. I don't have a problem at all with defending Dirk in general because he without question carries this team. The fact still remains that he threw the ball away at a very crucial time, that time. I get upset when anyone else does it, so does Dirk. I'm sure he understands how this works.
Turnovers in the Clutch:

James - 4
Wade - 4
Durant - 5
Rose - 4
Westbrook - 7

Dirk ... 1

Yes. That was his very first Turnover in the Clutch this postseason. It eventually had to happen. We didn't lose the game because Dirk threw the ball away or because he missed the last shot. It's because no one besides Dirk stepped up.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #297
Cousins15

Cousins15 has a spectacular aura aboutCousins15 has a spectacular aura about

the mavs had game 3 in the bag. the turn overs were horrendous. nobody seemed to want the ball except dirk. i feel bad for dirk because they were swarming him and denying him the ball. my boy peja, that dude needs to grow a pair. he's pulling the same act he was in sac. shrinking under pressure. ugh

Last edited by Cousins15; 06-07-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Cousins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #298
j0Shi
Diamond Member

I think it's more that Miami's defense doesn't suit Peja very well. He is just too slow for them. I'd be very surprised if Carlisle kept the rotation in the first quarter. That wouldn't be too smart.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #299
Cousins15

i'm not a mavs fan but just an observer. i really want them to win this year. however, they are sorely lacking a legit #2 scoring option that commands double teams. dallas has alot of complementary players. miami, ugh has 3 legit scoring options.

Last edited by Cousins15; 06-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #300
Cousins15

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I think it's more that Miami's defense doesn't suit Peja very well. He is just too slow for them. I'd be very surprised if Carlisle kept the rotation in the first quarter. That wouldn't be too smart.
i agree with your take. i hope haywood is able to play because mahinmi is atrocious. tyson cannot play as aggressive knowing theres nobody to protect the paint if he gets into foul trouble.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #301
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
You're looking a bit trollish to me.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #302
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Turnovers in the Clutch:

James - 4
Wade - 4
Durant - 5
Rose - 4
Westbrook - 7

Dirk ... 1

Yes. That was his very first Turnover in the Clutch this postseason. It eventually had to happen. We didn't lose the game because Dirk threw the ball away or because he missed the last shot. It's because no one besides Dirk stepped up.
Where did I say Dirk cost us the game??? Idk or care about your stats... I don't have the patience to go double check em either. It's not about how many times it happens as much as when it happens. If he went thru the entire playoffs without a TO in the clutch until :40 secs left in game 7 and it was a major factor in costing us the game it would still suck. We all still know and understand that he is and always has been our horse and deserves a statue in front of the AAC or downtown Dallas. Bottom line is the turnover was his fault.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #303
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
You're looking a bit trollish to me.
Sorry that you don't get it buddy. Perhaps stop looking right thru a simple fact trying to find something else that isn't there. Like I'm Dirk bashing. Dirk said he made a mistake, but surely that means he didn't turn the damn ball over and it was Marions fault.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #304
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Where did I say Dirk cost us the game??? Idk or care about your stats... I don't have the patience to go double check em either. It's not about how many times it happens as much as when it happens. If he went thru the entire playoffs without a TO in the clutch until :40 secs left in game 7 and it was a major factor in costing us the game it would still suck. We all still know and understand that he is and always has been our horse and deserves a statue in front of the AAC or downtown Dallas. Bottom line is the turnover was his fault.
I still disagree. We should win every game with the Clutch and 4th Quarter stats that Dirk posts. It shouldn't come down to a single TO in Game 3 or Game 7 or whatever. He leads 4th Quarter scoring by 43 points in the playoffs while averaging league-leading shooting percentages. That's a joke. It was his turnover but losing the game was still the teams fault.

Last edited by j0Shi; 06-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #305
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I still disagree. We should win every game with the Clutch and 4th Quarter stats that Dirk posts. It shouldn't come down to a single TO in Game 3 or Game 7 or whatever. He leads 4th Quarter scoring by 43 points in the playoffs while averaging league-leading shooting percentages. That's a joke. It was his turnover but losing the game was still the teams fault.
Thanks, I was making that point originally. I still don't know what you disagree with.

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-07-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #306
Murphy3
Guru

I think it's the cockiness of one of your original posts to the subject that most people have a problem with. It made you sound rather... not good.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #307
Cousins15

alright guys, what are the keys to game 4.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #308
j0Shi
Diamond Member

W
Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #309
luckyflop777

luckyflop777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousins15 View Post
1.) Cannot commit too many turnovers as it fuels the Heat.

2.) If Peja cannot get hot early he needs to be benched as he is a defensive liability against this athletic Heat squad.

3.) JJ needs his shots to go in. Jason Terry also needs his stroke back.

4.) Keep Dirk in the game longer because when he goes to the bench the Heat usually still have 2 of their big 3 out there and they usually go on runs when Dirk is on the bench.
luckyflop777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #310
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I think it's the cockiness of one of your original posts to the subject that most people have a problem with. It made you sound rather... not good.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #311
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousins15 View Post
Perhaps anyone not named Dirk contribute.

Less Turnovers, especially from our starting PG.

Box out and rebound.

Fans go ape S at the AAC.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #312
HEAT WAVE
Banned

HEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these parts

terry is calling out lebron, bad idea. the reality is exactly what i was bashed for saying " the # of superstars is the dif.". lbj has shut terry down, terry knows this. no one can keep up with wade (jj,kidd too short to really do any damage). bosh, well hes doing him, hes not really shown up for the heat, YET!. so thats three scorers that cant be guarded 100% mavs have only one guy that cant be guarded.dirk. terry is useless if he cant get by james. and all those supposed "sharpshooters" mavs had, are not used to getting the ball and having someone flying their way. its the defense! even in practice you cant replicate it. heat are fast. i see mavs probably winning this one. but i dont see them going through miami. if they take 6 games atleast you will know you have a beter team than all the teams miami beat in 5. if miami closes out in dallas? dirk needs help!.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #313
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAT WAVE View Post
terry is calling out lebron, bad idea. the reality is exactly what i was bashed for saying " the # of superstars is the dif.". lbj has shut terry down, terry knows this. no one can keep up with wade (jj,kidd too short to really do any damage). bosh, well hes doing him, hes not really shown up for the heat, YET!. so thats three scorers that cant be guarded 100% mavs have only one guy that cant be guarded.dirk. terry is useless if he cant get by james. and all those supposed "sharpshooters" mavs had, are not used to getting the ball and having someone flying their way. its the defense! even in practice you cant replicate it. heat are fast. i see mavs probably winning this one. but i dont see them going through miami. if they take 6 games atleast you will know you have a beter team than all the teams miami beat in 5. if miami closes out in dallas? dirk needs help!.
Haha.. You don't have 3 guys that can't be guarded.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #314
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Bostrich is shooting like 30% this series. I'd say he's pretty guardable.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #315
HEAT WAVE
Banned

hes just missing. wide open shots.the mans never been to the finals.good win last night. miami missed lbj.lol. like i said. mavs were expected to take one or two at home.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #316
MaverickOutlaw
Banned

MaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these parts

Point is this Miami iiteam is beatbale. There role players are gonna fade
MaverickOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote