Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #281
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Butler to Boston talks. Apparently Ainge won't give up Jae Crowder. Crazy if that really is the deal breaker.
I think people underestimate how good Crowder is for a team. He's phenomenal locker room glue and his defensive team awareness is awesome. He communicates and really helps others. His individual performances aren't amazing, but we lost more than his on-court contributions when he left.

Not saying that it's smart to nix the trade, but just like the Boogie Cousins, there is more going on than numbers (although Boogie for opposite reasons from Crowder).
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #282
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well I certainly don't think Crowder is some garbage throw-in, but Ainge is stretching his GMing limits here. Just because the Kings are dumb doesn't mean the Bulls are going to follow suit. And when you're talking about a top 3 sg, then you're going to want value in return. Of course, we don't know all the moving parts, but you would still have to be kinda bonkers to say no if the sticking point was Crowder. Guys like Butler rarely, if ever, become available via trade.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #283
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand him, they want to keep their nasty perimeter defense if they are gunning for the title and Crowder is one of the best if you want to beat GS, Cavs etc...

Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Butler, that would be pretty nice and would make up for IT
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #284
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I certainly don't think Crowder is some garbage throw-in, but Ainge is stretching his GMing limits here. Just because the Kings are dumb doesn't mean the Bulls are going to follow suit. And when you're talking about a top 3 sg, then you're going to want value in return. Of course, we don't know all the moving parts, but you would still have to be kinda bonkers to say no if the sticking point was Crowder. Guys like Butler rarely, if ever, become available via trade.
When a Victoria's Secrets model offers you a BJ, you don't demand that she buys you dinner first... Ainge is gonna end up with nothing but blueballs at this rate

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-22-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #285
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
When a Victoria's Secrets model offers you a BJ, you don't demand that she buys you dinner first... Ainge is gonna end up with nothing but blueballs at this rate
The Bulls aren't in any desperation mode to move Butler either unless I missed something. He has a very reasonable for today's CBA contract for a few more seasons.

If I were them, I'd be trying to shop Wade...not Butler. You'd get less, but at least you're not giving up your star player.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #286
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Bulls aren't in any desperation mode to move Butler either unless I missed something. He has a very reasonable for today's CBA contract for a few more seasons.

If I were them, I'd be trying to shop Wade...not Butler. You'd get less, but at least you're not giving up your star player.
The issue is that there is a rift between Butler and Rondo/Wade. The two groups aren't on the same page and their quarrel has hurt the Bulls.

Then again, if I had to choose between Butler and Rondo/Wade, I think you know who I would choose. It's absolutely crazy to choose Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo over Butler.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #287
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The issue is that there is a rift between Butler and Rondo/Wade. The two groups aren't on the same page and their quarrel has hurt the Bulls.

Then again, if I had to choose between Butler and Rondo/Wade, I think you know who I would choose. It's absolutely crazy to choose Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo over Butler.
Seems like a no-brainer to me... Flush those turds!

Old 02-22-2017, 04:53 PM   #288
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Nets are sending Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough to the Wizards for Andrew Nicholson and a 2017 first-round pick, sources tell @TheVertical.

Sources: Washington's Marcus Thornton joins Nicholson in the trade package to Brooklyn.

Last edited by BPo001; 02-22-2017 at 04:54 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #289
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul George ‏ @Yg_Trece
Yo I wouldn't mind hoopin for toronto my followers.. Me and Demar will go to work!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #290
Underdog

@ChrisBHaynes: ESPN Sources: Utah, Cleveland engaged on trade over weekend that included Shelvin Mack, Jordan McRae, etc. Talks have since stalled out.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:48 PM   #291
BPo001
Diamond Member

The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired center Tiago Splitter, a second-round pick, and the option to swap a second-round pick from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for forward Ersan Ilyasova, President of Basketball Operations Bryan Colangelo announced today.
– via NBA.com
Old 02-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #292
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Paul George ‏ @Yg_Trece
Yo I wouldn't mind hoopin for toronto my followers.. Me and Demar will go to work!
Is this a real quote?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #293
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Is this a real quote?
Not unless he deleted it... Although he apparently posted & deleted "Lakers Nation what's good?" earlier today, so who knows?

Old 02-23-2017, 03:01 AM   #294
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

What are the odds that Magic Johnson running the Lakers won't be a trainwreck? The guy has no experience in any sort of front office capacity, as an executive or even a scout. But he's Magic Johnson! So I guess he autmotically knows how to evaluate talent, how to navigate the salary cap, and how to make deals. Oh, and don't forget that he brought in Kobe's agent as his GM, and wants to bring in Kobe himself for advice or whatever.

Any chance this goes much better than Phil Jackson running the Knicks? Magic's tweets over the years don't exactly inspire confidence.

http://deadspin.com/dear-the-lakers-...ets-1792592073
http://deadspin.com/magic-johnson-tw...ied-1792591177

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-23-2017 at 03:03 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #295
BPo001
Diamond Member

Bulls sending Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott and 2018 2nd rounder to OKC for Joffrey Lauvergne and Cameron Payne, sources said.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #296
BPo001
Diamond Member

Roy Hibbert Traded to the #Nuggets
Old 02-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #297
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Bulls sending Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott and 2018 2nd rounder to OKC for Joffrey Lauvergne and Cameron Payne, sources said.
The Bulls gave up a 2nd for that?! Ick
Old 02-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #298
mac222b
Diamond Member

Can't believe another team didn't get in on Taj at that price.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #299
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Bulls buying out Rondo...and Rondo going to Giiiina next season. Payne is going to start
Old 02-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #300
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like the Bulls got totally fleeced on that deal tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:26 PM   #301
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I feel like the Bulls got totally fleeced on that deal tbh
Totally. Thunder got the two best players in the deal AND the pick. Lol Bulls.
Payne and Lauvergne are jags
Old 02-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #302
mac222b
Diamond Member

Too bad Wiz couldn't have gotten in on that. Add Gibson to Bodgan and a healthy Mahinmi off the bench and they'd be dangerous.

Maybe the Bulls owner thinks Payne has Steph Curry potential?

Last edited by mac222b; 02-23-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #303
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

AD and Boogie's first game together is tonight against Rockets.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #304
mac222b
Diamond Member

Sneaky good trade by Raptors for PJ Tucker.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:39 PM   #305
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Cousins and Davis won't mean much if your 1-3 positions are pure garbage. 3-14 from those positional starters halfway through 3rd vs Rockets.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 PM   #306
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cousins and Davis won't mean much if your 1-3 positions are pure garbage. 3-14 from those positional starters halfway through 3rd vs Rockets.
I agree, but I think this is only the beginning for the Pelicans. They've put themselves in position to be players in free agency this summer. Rumors are already circulating that CP3 might come back. Even if they don't get a big fish like that, there's no reason to think they can't pick up some nice role players. I'm not sure this experiment of theirs will work, but I'm damn interested to see how it plays out.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:25 PM   #307
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I agree, but I think this is only the beginning for the Pelicans. They've put themselves in position to be players in free agency this summer. Rumors are already circulating that CP3 might come back. Even if they don't get a big fish like that, there's no reason to think they can't pick up some nice role players. I'm not sure this experiment of theirs will work, but I'm damn interested to see how it plays out.
What kind of cap space will they have? I think CP3 can start at 36M
That Solomon Hill contract, not to mention Asik, looking pretty bad about now.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 PM   #308
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ne...s-team-salary/

NBA salary cap is projected to be $122 million in 2018. So their current space shows in the ~$40 million range which is plenty for a max player.

Also, Asic and Hill's contracts really aren't that bad at $11.7 and $10.6 given the dramatic raise in cap space. But they still have a minor issue of extra rosters spots going to their bench big men Asik (11.7), Ajinca (4.6) and Montiejunas (.5) who realistically will never see the light of day. Jrue Holiday will be a free agent wanting to get paid as well.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:50 PM   #309
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Picking up WCS in fantasy the second I heard about the Cousins trade is looking mighty nice right about now after 1 half.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:20 AM   #310
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Not to knee jerk, because it's only the Nuggets. But this Sac-Den game...

WCS 21pts
Hield 14pts

At the end of the 3rd. Both very efficient.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #311
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Didn't even notice Skal 13 points in 12mins as well.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:42 AM   #312
Underdog

@TeeJayLew: LeBron personally requested Deron Williams to join the Cavs so he could once and for all learn the sorcery that brought D-Will's hair back

Old 02-24-2017, 12:44 AM   #313
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

WCS new career high in game 1 post Cousins. 29points 10rebs.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #314
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
@TeeJayLew: LeBron personally requested Deron Williams to join the Cavs so he could once and for all learn the sorcery that brought D-Will's hair back
This is gold.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 AM   #315
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Old 02-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #316
sefant77
Guru

I hope TNT retires this Shaqtin a fool crap. I hate this clown Shaq. Always lashing out but when someone makes fun of him he acts like a little child.

Douchebag. No, asshole.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #317
Underdog

@ESPNSteinLine: Deron Williams has cleared waivers and is now expected to sign with the Cavaliers, according to league sources

@ESPNSteinLine: Marcus Thornton and Terrence Jones have also cleared waivers and are now free agents, according to league sources

Last edited by Underdog; 02-25-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:21 AM   #318
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bulls nearly had 2 triple doubles tonight. Butler got one, and Wade was 1 rebound away. With just seconds left he had a rebound... only his teammate stole it to make sure he didn't get it. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Felicio, my new favorite Bulls player.

Edit-
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...04051526336512

..."Father Prime"? seriously? but lol

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-26-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #319
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-To-Start-Over

Fascinating how much Divac tries to plead his case and just makes it worse.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #320
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Lol Knicks waive Brandon Jennings. Still can't believe that scrub was trash talking Barnes this past summer.